The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Nice anorion, seems like a good place to do some creepy light painting. Just stay safe

BTW is a lens says it's a macro 1:4 what does that mean. As in a 200mm f/4.5 1:4 macro lens?

sujoyp

Grand Master
1:4 is easy to get amlan...I think even a 50mm lens can be 1:4 almost cause of close focussing distance...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
thanks guys!
wow...How you did that [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION]?

-make panorama. 360 degree is better
-keep length and breadth of the canvas same
-turn panorama upside down, this is to orient the ground towards the inner circle in the final panorma
-keep some space from top of square, this is the radius of inner circle
-stretch panorama vertically. did double size here, you can stretch it as per your wishes. this decides how thin or fat the ring is.
-apply polar co-ordinates filter

nice trick anorion...is it a room having 3 doors stitched togather 3 times :D
lol no, didn't do that, its one large room.

Nice anorion, seems like a good place to do some creepy light painting. Just stay safe
yep, thanks light painting sounds like a good fit, any other techniques for such subjects. Going to try HDR also, all windows and doors are overexposed so far

- - - Updated - - -

again I tried today. Locations covered were industrial area, empty warehouse, terrace of abandoned housing complex, and an out of comission factory

dragged friend along for "security"

*i.imgur.com/7RMWcUg.jpg
*i.imgur.com/mImE1W6.jpg
*i.imgur.com/MARwOom.jpg
*i.imgur.com/82SIQsB.jpg

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@ Tenida- Looks cool.

Few from yesterday, It was quite clear early on.

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3874/14424017501_78bb3d8dd2_b.jpg

Then there were more clouds.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5523/14427369085_c501a4733f_b.jpg

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5314/14426069532_0bc33d9fee_b.jpg

Raining halfway
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3881/14404242856_1cef70c378_b.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I just got my hands on a Sigma zoom K-II 70-210 f/4.5 lens. Gave it a shot this morning and it's been a mixed sort of shoot. Wide open it is a little soft, the long focal length means that shutter speed needs to be high or you need to be on a tripod to get sharp images. The images are a little washed out and there is chromatic fringing. However at times it decides to give out some really beautiful shots, and that makes it absolutely worth it.

Trying to shoot some fast moving critters, learning to use the push pull zoom and the focus ring

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3885/14445371943_be6f4ba3e1_c.jpgShould I take the leap? by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

My attempts at some low key pics

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5536/14231050150_72dc69ecf8_c.jpgWaiting for that call by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Gen those shots of the bay are beautiful ... great stuff

Another pic from my new lens. Still figuring out how to use this to the best effect

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3904/14251557740_a2bf4a7a99_c.jpgtaking a drink by Amlan Mathur, on Flickr

Cyanide

Broken In
You all have shared excellent pictures! Thank you very much

Naive's query

Situation: I was trying to click pictures of my friends playing football. It was ~6.30 PM (low light) and the halogens were on.
I tried to click pictures of them but most (except 1 or 2) came out to be blurred (due to low shutter speed) :( I used sports mode as well but the results were nothing great.

I was not able to capture a proper football shot (players in motion). Any tip on what to do in this kind of low light situation?

sujoyp

Grand Master
bro you have no choice...just keep shutter speed around 1/200 and above...for this you have to keep the ISO as high as possible

people use bigger aperture lenses and full frame for this type of shooting

Top Bottom