The Photography Thread

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] - I like the top two. Did you post the last one before sometime also ?

You know what I'd like to see, some photos with the monopod & your old DSLR for comparison,

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks abhidev and skrmish ...yaah more detail of cat would be awesome...but the shutter speed was soo slow that even with VR turned on and monopod I got barely still proper shot :D
will shoot him again someday :)

@gen ...no I didnt post any of the shot before...all are taken today afternoon

I didnt understand your request gen ....please tell more clearly

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Mount your D3100 on your monopod and take photograph of that setup with D7000 and share it with us. :) (I guess I got it correctly)

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
^ Mount your D3100 on your monopod and take photograph of that setup with D7000 and share it with us. :) (I guess I got it correctly)

Nope,

1- Take bird photos now again with D3100 and monopod, some of your earlier ones with D3100 weren't exactly the sharpest, so now we'll know if monopod makes significant difference with that DSLR.
2 - and if possible take same bird photo with new and old cam for comparison.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Nope,

1- Take bird photos now again with D3100 and monopod, some of your earlier ones with D3100 weren't exactly the sharpest, so now we'll know if monopod makes significant difference with that DSLR.
2 - and if possible take same bird photo with new and old cam for comparison.

I second this motion :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Sujoy, thats definetly a marked improvement, even if you take contrast out of the equation. This series is definitely much sharper than before, no doubt the images earlier were being hurt because lack of stabilization..

I happened to think of this. Think of the SLT [MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] bought which has on body OS and therefore will put in stabilization with all lenses - Isnt that a huge bonus considering how we see Sujoys shots getting a steroid shot with the monopod ? I understand the optical -OS is ATM better than in-body Stabilization by a little amount, but in cases of specialized lenses like theses, its a question of stabilization vs none, and surely we know who's gonna come out on top...

Was thinking of an upgraded body for the future, from the Canon/Nikon stable, now not so sure anymore.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
[MENTION=128954]sujoy[/MENTION] - wonderful pics. Time to get a ballhead too ;) ... the setup becomes quite handy.

Bat

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7229/13334239365_ab8ab5f966_o.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen ok I will perform this comparision for you ...will do that tomorrow after I come back from my birding :)
[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] 150-500 have optical stabilisation ...but it works properly if shutter speed is at least 1/250 and above...now monopod is giving 100% stabilisation and now I can get sharp pics even at 1/100 ...same thing will be for in-body stabilisation too...both in-body and on-lens stabilisation wont work togather...I am sure sony will give a choice to switch off one of them.(switch is there on lens to switch off stabilisation)

pranav I got better body for lot more reason then just picture quality or focus points :) you can think again

- - - Updated - - -

yes medico ...ball head is next purchase for sure ...will look in used section of jjmehta too

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@gen ok I will perform this comparision for you ...will do that tomorrow after I come back from my birding :)
[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] 150-500 have optical stabilisation ...but it works properly if shutter speed is at least 1/250 and above...now monopod is giving 100% stabilisation and now I can get sharp pics even at 1/100 ...same thing will be for in-body stabilisation too...both in-body and on-lens stabilisation wont work togather...I am sure sony will give a choice to switch off one of them.(switch is there on lens to switch off stabilisation)

pranav I got better body for lot more reason then just picture quality or focus points :) you can think again

- - - Updated - - -

yes medico ...ball head is next purchase for sure ...will look in used section of jjmehta too

Like ? I always thought the better contrast (or in a way, IQ) was the reason. What am I missing ?

Hrishi

I have few more pics... will post once I reach home... Flickr android app isn't giving me the bb code :/

- - - Updated - - -

the Legendary MAYA BAY :D

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2890/13160176185_0e5fe696af_b.jpg
Maya Bay, Thailand by abhidevmumbai, on Flickr
Fantastic... Love this pic. Detailed

- - - Updated - - -

I second this motion :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Sujoy, thats definetly a marked improvement, even if you take contrast out of the equation. This series is definitely much sharper than before, no doubt the images earlier were being hurt because lack of stabilization..

I happened to think of this. Think of the SLT [MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] bought which has on body OS and therefore will put in stabilization with all lenses - Isnt that a huge bonus considering how we see Sujoys shots getting a steroid shot with the monopod ? I understand the optical -OS is ATM better than in-body Stabilization by a little amount, but in cases of specialized lenses like theses, its a question of stabilization vs none, and surely we know who's gonna come out on top...

Was thinking of an upgraded body for the future, from the Canon/Nikon stable, now not so sure anymore.

The Inbuilt stabilization feature will be put at it's test today.
This will be my first shoot-out so lower the expectations . :p

Also , I am planning to buy that 70-300mm Tamron lenses , which lacks stabilization . ( Getting a 300mm telephoto for 8400INR seems steal to me. ) I hope the in-built stabilization helps the lenses out.
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] , excellent pics bro. In fact the more I see such close-up pics of birdies , the more it lures me to buy a telephoto lens. :p ,The cats in my neighborhood are shy of me and don't allow me to get close enough.

abhidev

Human Spambot
thanks [MENTION=17225]Rishi[/MENTION] :)

- - - Updated - - -

here's another one.... :D

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/13160298973_70cde8bf7d_b.jpg
Maya Bay, Thailand by abhidevmumbai, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=221001]Pranav[/MENTION] the other reasons are-
1. view finder ...pentaprism viewfinder is really good
2. Better grip...when using long lenses its good to have better grip ..
3. bracketing
4. 14 bit RAW (but still donno what difference it makes)
5. Nikon's CLS ...will make use of that someday
6. focus point is certainly advantage

Thanks rishi ...
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] nice shot again

Soo I went to birding today with my monopod...and yes its not easy to handle...the bird wont give a fare chance to open the monopod and setup...I will need a monopod ball head to use it properly ...to shoot something on tree I had to sit on the ground to use monopod...shots are fine..I got no fuzzy shots due to low light

Owl team ( 3 owls) gave me much relief...I setup my monopod and shot calmly :D

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2808/13349153203_09960bd33e_z.jpg
Those eyes by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/13348800665_ea95cc9b7c_z.jpg
Owl Lunch by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/13348939513_d5e301881e_z.jpg
Hellowwww by sujoyp, on Flickr

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2853/13349175664_daf37f2fb0_z.jpg
Yellow Bee-eater by sujoyp, on Flickr

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Sujoy, these shots look much better. But these birds were sitting calmly so motion anyhow was not a problem. What do you feel, is the monopod improving the clarity?

I also set out on Saturday with my tripod and got a couple of good shots. The one I liked best is this one

*ppcdn.500px.org/64627453/6b58e9370382ce204985374d88fb6077092d68a1/4.jpg
Photograph The old and new by Amlan Mathur on 500px

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=84261]abhidev[/MENTION] its in Nagpur...Ambazari lake...a popular garden just 1 km from my home :)

@amlan we are not talking about that motion/moving object ...problem was slow shutter speed and on-hand vibration due to weight ...these issue are solved by monopod...pics are certainly better then before...now I can shoot even at lower shutter speeds

the palace looks good amlan...but how did you get the sky blue...I am sure the sky should have been overexposed ;)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I was there at dusk, so started shooting as soon as the lights came on. It wasn't dark enough to give me a black sky.

I've seen vids of people like yuri acrus using a mono pod for moving objects (he even sells a spcialized design). Seems to be pretty fast

kaz

right here
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] great bird shots....I have never seen any of those birds :(

[MENTION=2935]a_medico[/MENTION] nice bat shot....I thought they only sleep upside down but here its eating too

[MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION] nice building ;)

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3768/13364041605_c8d20f5042_z.jpg
Frog Staring

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/13364414563_788a35a7b9_z.jpg
Frog Leaving Not interested to show up on social media :p

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2837/13364498594_8d829440e9_z.jpg
Little

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7394/13363759995_cdc83a9793_z.jpg
Sparrows

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7155/13363319883_0047d2bc70_z.jpg
Kingfisher. Right?

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan someday I will get a head for monopod only then maybe I can do subject tracking with that...right now I have to move whole monopod to shoot up or down which is not practical for moving subject or BIF
[MENTION=121890]kaz[/MENTION] 1st frog is awesome...yes last one is white throated kingfisher

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Toading around, huh :wink:. Some good shots.
The Kingfisher is the kingfisher, but the sparrows are actually mynah :p

Top Bottom