abhidev

Human Spambot
*farm8.staticflickr.com/7441/13160169165_898c42fa61_b.jpg
From the Top of Harbor front, Singapore by abhidevmumbai, on Flickr

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nice try with compact camera.
90° clockwise rorate could look better to me,
Thinking of doing star trail over a year. Hoping I would get an opportunity to go to a remote area to try this, but it's not happening. So I am testing now, soon will try that whole arc shape trail. :)
BTB, your link isn't working. wdphoto....

- - - Updated - - -

Star Trail (Test 2)

*i.imgur.com/UL92DCR.jpg

SX130 | f/3.4 | 13 x 1min | ISO 200 | F - 28mm (35mm equiv)

Shot early morning. Hopefully, I will try longer version by coming new moon day.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nac good try....I am also studying how to do it...will do on new moon day...hopefully get some result out there

kaz

right here
*farm4.staticflickr.com/3822/13417824695_972402e689_c.jpg
Single Light

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3727/13418024203_b34aafe63b_c.jpg
Cranes

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] that's a very pretty shot. I'm assuming that you are using CHDK for taking these sequential shots and then joining in startrails. If not then use the amazing involtmeter script

Also, try it from the roof of a building, there you can aim for the horizon and less stuff will get in the way. Try taking these shots for over an hour, with the script you can just leave the camera and come back for it. That long a time will give you the curve that you want

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am planning splash/drop photography too ...on a better level :D bought a medical dropper (the thing which is used for saline) ..here is the link for people interested
The Comprehensive Water Drop Photography Guide - DIY Photography

sujoyp

Grand Master
no kaz arrangement is simple ...put the flash behind the transluscent background ....put camera on manual focus...aperture f10-14 shutter speed 1/250 at 1/16 or 1/32 power ....need macro lens or zoom lens to focus close ....most important thing the water drop should consistently fall on same place

kaz

right here
[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] that's why I thought of separating funnel because it will be sturdy, fixed and also water will drop for much longer....
BTW I don't have any external flash :( bt I will try this after my exams end (exams on 29th, 2nd, 4th, 19th and 22nd)

chitvan

Journeyman
your link isn't working. wdphoto....

- - Updated - - -
Actually it was my water droplet photography link,photos from A570IS
*m.facebook.com/chiragchitvan/albums/116101508946/?refid=17
I am not sure if you are able to open this,
---
later I registered own domain ccppix.com ,
but didn't get time to set up site,
It is just simple gallery with old photos from A570IS

Top Bottom