The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@sujoy: he he ... the new camera depression syndrome :) . Happens to me everytime I change my cam. It's irritating to know that your cam can do everything better than the old one yet it doesn't want to ... plus you miss the small small benefits of the old cam. I was missing CHDK and things like a 10x zoom for months after I got my DSLR

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
nice work kaz

just spent my whole morning for birding at a nearby dam and found that D7000's auto focus point selection is soo irritating...soo many of my shots got out of focus...I have to find a way to handle it..it wont let me select the focus point and itself select wrong points.:banghead: not even one shot worth posting :cry:

You cant select an auto focus point manually?? :eek:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Amlan yes u r spot on...I know its much better then my old cam but somehow could not contol it...may take time.

@anirban...no I cant control the 39 Af points manually as of now...but I am searching for option to do it

A selfportrait of magician :D

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/12404301225_014a557016_z.jpg
Magic1 by sujoyp, on Flickr

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@Amlan yes u r spot on...I know its much better then my old cam but somehow could not contol it...may take time.

@anirban...no I cant control the 39 Af points manually as of now...but I am searching for option to do it

A selfportrait of magician :D

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/12404301225_014a557016_z.jpg
Magic1 by sujoyp, on Flickr

Brilliant :)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Nice pics there guys.:)
Some shots of konark from my side.:D

*s28.postimg.org/kxksxmhfh/IMG_0682.jpg
*s28.postimg.org/ad6a1anjx/IMG_0689.jpg

quan chi

mortal kombat
Thanks sujoy. Unfortunately due to limited time I even could not explore the place properly.:( I didn't get the time to shoot enough statues. Btw still I will try & see If i have any good pics of statues.:) Meanwhile enjoy these two.:D

In the first pic look at the middle left side there is a statue of surya's youth(afternoon) form. The middle one from here I think *www.thekonark.in/konarksungod.html
Similarly on right side I think it contains surya as a child (morning).(Its hidden)

*s8.postimg.org/vlwxdva1x/IMG_0691.jpg

*s8.postimg.org/gn9x5p5lx/IMG_0697.jpg

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@quan chi: Loked the first shot :)

@ Sujoy : This might sound silly, but isn't this what you wanted ?
Nikon D7000 Autofocus Settings

Some random (noisy) shots from me :-

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7432/12414954415_a8c2d7e697_c.jpg
IMG_5715_e by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7440/12414960855_e0dc6fa1b7_c.jpg
IMG_5640_e by pranav0091, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3683/12414972555_4a2f380f5c_c.jpg
IMG_5543_e by pranav0091, on Flickr

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@quanchi hmm would have loved some more detailed shots :) anyways thanks for sharing

@pranav ... :duh2: thanks bro ...I just not noticed that focus liver also have a button inside ...and it really solves all the problems :D
I used the focus liver at least 3-4 times but never noticed the button :)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
sujoy da and all, please suggest me a suitable HDR bracketing range for wide f8-f10 landscape shots. cloudy, metering is sometimes fooling me and i picked some underexposed shots ( which is actually safe and better than OE), still how to do the metering correct for HDR in a cloudy day ?

also much appreciated if someone can tell me where is the Mirror Lock option in D5100 ? :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@gen regarding your ship picture...I would say its too tightly taken or cropped...there is just no composition in it ...no space left on front neither back ...

@pranav ...1st one have color cast..improve the white balance on that flower ...2nd is beautiful and 3rd is cute.

@sam I think you have to use point metering and point to the thing which you think is right exposed...if u use matrix metering then in a dull weather it may just underexpose or over expose the whole picture ...in any case u will not get properly exposed shot in a cloudy day...if u want that then take two pictures point the focus point on ground and take the shot and take the same shot with focus point on clouds...then merge both

mirror lock button is AE/AL button ...I have check the path at home :)

quan chi

mortal kombat
Sujoy I myself is missing some detailed shots which i couldn't take due to reasons sated earlier.:(

Pranav your first shot is good but needs a little improvement as stated above. Last one is good too but the finger should have been blurred a little bit.

Anyways another statue shot (actually its a very average shot i think. lots of crowds thus had to make it quick)

*s8.postimg.org/638t6anxh/IMG_0700.jpg
screen shot on pc

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Quanchi ..looking at ur shots I think I will add konark to my "things to visit before I die" list for rich in monuments and ancient indian culture :)

Top Bottom