The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
No nac I have already out of unpaid leaves...took them when I used to come home from dhaka :) now m waiting for april to get this years leaves :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
good shot medico.:)

Congrats sujoy. Actually I too was thinking of getting one but since I am still learning that would be an overkill for me.:D
If possible please do a little review and how different is the new D7100 from it?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup D7000 is quit an advance DSLR ...it would certainly be an overkill for starters

let me use it for a week then I can review it :)
the main points different from D7100 -
D7100 have much better focus module
D7100 have better weather sealing
D7100 can autofocus even on f8 lenses example 300mm f4+ 2x TC = 600mm f8
D7100 have newer sensor and no low pass filter..due to that pics are much more sharper but grainier
D7100 have a software 1.3x crop mode which gives faster burst rate and good for birding

but all these good things do not justify the 25k more cost from D7000

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3708/12361130245_7d82ea494d_z.jpg
Purple sunbird by sujoyp, on Flickr

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have one more good news ...the nikon 50mm which I damaged due to my negligence in december and put to rest (removed from my signature too) is finally working after I checked it seriously ...although it have lots n lots of fungus but pic quality is fine.

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7383/12367833193_29bc18a3cd_z.jpg
DSC_0111 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

*farm8.staticflickr.com/7375/12368116994_0840cf2f9c_z.jpg
DSC_0110 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

if u are curious what I damaged then story is I opened up the back part of the lens to clean the fungus ...but I was nervous enough soo decided to repack again without doing anything...but could not assemble properly..soo it was not working ...After all I spent only 3.5k 2.5years back ..

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Congrats, for your new purchase, Sujoy. Looking forward for some great shots from you. :-D And it's a promising start for now. :-D

sujoyp

Grand Master
@cyberkid thanks ..I have not started yet :D want to do soo many things...today I am playing with D7000+50mm and its a lightweight and quick combo

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
wow, nice to know that your f/1.8 prime is back. BTW how do you end up with lenses at such amazing prices?

wow, nice to know that your f/1.8 prime is back. BTW how do you end up with lenses at such amazing prices?

sujoyp

Grand Master
Amlan I buy lens used..new ones cost too much...and this is not the newer D lens its one genration older lens..but its just as good as new gen one..I bought it to reverse mount for macro

sujoyp

Grand Master
nice work kaz

just spent my whole morning for birding at a nearby dam and found that D7000's auto focus point selection is soo irritating...soo many of my shots got out of focus...I have to find a way to handle it..it wont let me select the focus point and itself select wrong points.:banghead: not even one shot worth posting :cry:

Top Bottom