The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I was preparing for holi this weekend by capturing some high speed shots.

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2833/12405421175_678e49a51f_c.jpg

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
it was a good attempt amlan...btw you must have read somewhere...what else we can shoot in high speed ...you can reply on other thread

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Added :D ...btw its in madhya pradesh ..right?

@skrmish ...nice shot and composition ...but is it HDR..

Its in camera HDR and post processing in PS. SX50 is starting to impress me especially with static bird shots at full zoom. I went to mangalajodi saturday and got some good pics of birds. Will be uploading soon after processing. It was also able to capture moving birds but its damn impossible to view through the ugly viewfinder and track the bird movements. Hence i had to zoom back and capture it from a distance. Needless to say, this cam isnt suited for BIF shots.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Wow ....Congrats Sujoy on that D7000...

My cousin wants to take up photography professionally ,so among all the suggestions I suggested him to take classes at IIPCAL International Institute of Photography Kolkata - Learn the Art from Masters. Advance courses, photojournalism and commercial photography in India's premier photography academy in Kolkata.. Suggestions are warmly welcomed . Thank you.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

*ppcdn.500px.org/60592228/32c9d4a779194d56c35da532137a4d11e277540c/4.jpg

Another Day Ends
by
srikant mishra

quan chi

mortal kombat
srkmish loved your pics! good work!

sujoy I love visiting historic places too. Read the story of konark its interesting. The wheels of the chariot acts as a clock or sundial & shows almost accurate time! The minutes have 3mm spacing between them! Engineering even in those days was at its best!

Another statue.:D

Statue of chaya devi the wife of sungod or surya dev.:)
*s27.postimg.org/cdn6b9vpf/IMG_0693.jpg

This is not konark.:D

*s28.postimg.org/a072prd1p/IMG_0736.jpg

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@srkmish : Excellent shot for any camera, especially a non-dslr. :)

@Sujoy : Poor lighting on that first picture, went through a bit of experimentation in PP, and then added a layer which worsened the color-cast, but improved the texture on the petals. Yes, the shots could have been better...

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@sujoyp - Thanks. Much appreciated comments. I was on one of those boats and clicking all the different things I saw, the others came out even worse.

@srkmish - Both pics are nice. I love the first pic except that its one of the rare times where I don't like the sun rays.
The 2nd one is super too.

@izzikio_rage - Those are great. How many balloons you wasted before getting this and how close were you ?? water proof camera ..

@quan chi - Nice pics.

sujoyp

Grand Master
skrmish ..really bro there are soo many types of cameras these days specially sony have confused us much
1. Medium format
2. DSLR APSC sensor
3. DSLR full frame
4. DSLT APSC
5. DSLT full frame
6. compact full frame ILC
7. Compact full frame fixed
8. compact APSC
9. Compact ApSC ILC
10. m4/3
11. 1" sensor ILC
12. 1" compact
13. 1/7"
14. 1/2.3"

hufffff...I remember only this much

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@Gen: I think i popped some 10-15 balloons before I got this one :), my lens was at full zoom of 50mm so close enough to get some drops on the camera but far enough to be safe.

@sujoy: I know, it's now really hard to judge people by the camera they carry, not that you should do that anyhow. I once got chewed out by some organizer of a photography exhibition since I purchased a bad compact sony camera rather than going for a Canon or Nikon. c'est la vie

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
skrmish ..really bro there are soo many types of cameras these days specially sony have confused us much
1. Medium format
2. DSLR APSC sensor
3. DSLR full frame
4. DSLT APSC
5. DSLT full frame
6. compact full frame ILC
7. Compact full frame fixed
8. compact APSC
9. Compact ApSC ILC
10. m4/3
11. 1" sensor ILC
12. 1" compact
13. 1/7"
14. 1/2.3"

hufffff...I remember only this much

But that is a good thing Sujoy. Sony, Fujifilm, olympus, panny are experimenting and innovating and bringing new products. RX100 is a great example of a cheap cam which doesnt compromise on quality. New Fuji cameras with x-trans sensor or something is touted to be the next big thing and those using it say it delivers images at par or even better than FF Cameras. Nikon and Canon are resting on their laurels and bringing nothing new to the table.

sujoyp

Grand Master
amlan its really important to use a bit longer zoom then 50mm ...anyways we have to adjust with what we have :)

I know people are soo brand conscious...one of my friend always bore me with how good canon is and how bad nikon...and i should sell off everything and join canon brandwagon....
suppose If I carry a sony RX1 which is DSLT Compact fullframe camera with 35mm fixed lens ...cost almost 1.2-1.5 lakh and people will think I am just a point and shoot user :D
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1 Review: Digital Photography Review

skrmish ...true that sony fuji olympus panasonic all are trying to bring something new...but sony should control there innovation and build on the additional lenses and accessories required.
Sony have DSLT, NEX, RX, now those new full frame A7R ....where are the lenses ...and how many type of flash mounts third party will make ..
Nikon and canon have almost a 100 lens choice each and full support for third party equipments from wireless triggers to flash to android apps...even software support .
but DSLT have some choice but Nex and A7R have only max 10 lens ...

Last edited:

kaz

right here
wow some great shots to see...liked IMG_5640_e by Pranav, izzikio's water balloon and the boat and tree are amazing Srkmish :)

Top Bottom