The Photography Thread

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@Sujoy: don't have a zoom lens, am trying to jugaadofy a couple of old manual lenses.

@Srikant: loved your first shot of the boat, the reflections one seems slightly underexposed

@gen: nice flowers

sujoyp

Grand Master
@amlan old manual lens is good as far as either its one of those gems or for macro and wideangle purpose or if its free or super cheap ...else get AF focus one.
spending 6-7k on a manual zoom lens is just not worth

nice flower @gen

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@tkin: nice shot.

if you can, try again with the background full of the houses, no sky...
and get your horizons and verticals right.. ;)

in a wide, cinematic shot. if you can. try it. :)

tkin

Back to school!!
@tkin: nice shot.

if you can, try again with the background full of the houses, no sky...
and get your horizons and verticals right.. ;)

in a wide, cinematic shot. if you can. try it. :)
I'll try to gas the Pigeon and glue it to the pipe and try something :p :D

Jokes aside, this was taken in Hyd, left there, and Pigeons can't be found where I live in kolkata, you know any place?

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Taken at Mangalajodi, Orissa

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/Liftoff1.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/cormorant3.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/bluebird.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/Brownie2.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/yellowbird.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/onelegstand2.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/blackbird2.jpg

*i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/srkmish/Birds/bird2.jpg

sujoyp

Grand Master
skrmish ...these shots are good bro ...even with my huge 150-500 I am not getting this much clarity ....looks like I will have to get a Sony HX400V (63x optical zoom) :D

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
skrmish ...these shots are good bro ...even with my huge 150-500 I am not getting this much clarity ....looks like I will have to get a Sony HX400V (63x optical zoom) :D

I think u shud wait for canon sx60. I read on a rumors site that canon has patented some tech for 100x zoom :O

sujoyp

Grand Master
@anirban...your wish can be fulfilled this year itself ....would love to get Nikon 300f4 +TC 1.4x combo ....start saving :D

@skrmish ...wow 100x now thats what I am waiting for...will sit on a relaxing chair in the middle and shoot all the birds from there :D :D

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
@anirban...your wish can be fulfilled this year itself ....would love to get Nikon 300f4 +TC 1.4x combo ....start saving :D

@skrmish ...wow 100x now thats what I am waiting for...will sit on a relaxing chair in the middle and shoot all the birds from there :D :D

100x Zoom handheld is a joke :D
I had issues with 25x already - manageable, but definitely not recommended.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
And meanwhile sony will release a camera that has wheels and a bird feeder. that way you let it go and when birds come to eat it'll click images of them. At the end of the day it will come back to you and give you the photos :p

Top Bottom