The Photography Thread

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@azeem - The first is nice. I would prefer an unbordered one.

@astroutkarsh - The bug is nicely captured, rest seem okish.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Got my hands on a camera after few months. And i was thrown into a garden. Few pics of garden.

I was looking all over the place to start with.. and i found, I'm neglecting my own spects....

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4912598195_a4d34a1211_z.jpg

Some random flower...
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4143/4913202302_85e9db963c_z.jpg

flower again...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4912630097_660d38a777_z.jpg

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I planed to visit again in Last week of Sept, so if interested we can plan.

Would surely like to visit there once. Satara is like 15hrs from my place. Will let you know much in advance when I make a plan to visit there. Would be a good time to catch up with my friend there too.

Stuge

Youngling
@Vamsi : nice

@Azeem: Dada post somethingfrom old citytoo :D

@.Jagmeet: Mobile photography is always fun :)

@subratabera : nice

@toofan's : something is wrong with the umbrella placement ,angle :(.otherwise good thought and going ":D

toofan

Technomancer
Hi guys... m new to the thread..well m not a pro but Photography has always been my hobby n i enjoy it :) i went through the thread n pics r gr8.. u guys hav done gr8 work !!

well for now i dont hav a gud cam but m getting 1 in 1or2 months den i'll start doing some work :)

dez r sm of my fav. pics i took from Nokia N79's cam.. did some minor adjustments in photoshop...:)

*lh6.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TG7KAh11seI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/LxYdknp0-_g/s640/pic2.jpg

*lh3.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TG7KBG2cqLI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/YrBGAly2nUM/s640/pic3.jpg

*lh4.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TG7KBUXw2lI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/mQTKdzLAXL4/s640/pic4.jpg

Gangsta: As these are taken with mobile I will not speak about the quality but about the composition.

1. Nicely taken but you have to make sure there is no distraction in background. Like here the red "Gamlas".
2. This type of shots are always tough to take beautifully. Try taking from some distance to take the full flower or go more close or try some diff. angles. One example although not perfect but still posting.
*a.imageshack.us/img215/7602/beemyownworld.jpg
3. Best of all. its different but still looking good. The details in leaf you want to show are very clear. The water drops are adding some more interest. Some good post processing will enhance it more.

And welcome to the world of photography.

If you wish to buy a camera. Then look at JJmehta froums sell and buy section there you may get a DSLR for even 15 to 16k with lens sometime, And thats good for learning process or go for some P & S with total manual controls.

Vamsi: The 1st one is super shot.

Stuge: Thanks dear.

azzu

AJJU
@Azeem: Dada post somethingfrom old citytoo :D
Going Tommo will post soon :)

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4912671245_7849fe87d9.jpg
Golden GATE :D lol
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4912627683_5c46539e35.jpg
:)

Open for Your Suggestions

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@Toofan thnx a lot for the suggestions bro.. i'll keep dez things in mind..:smile:

and as for the new cam i was thinking mayb Canon SX20 Is.. will it be a good choice? n i dont intend to buy a SLR as m just a beginner n dont want to get into complex things right now...

@stuge yea its fun to play around wid a mobile's cam :p

Stuge

Youngling
@Toofan thnx a lot for the suggestions bro.. i'll keep dez things in mind..:smile:

and as for the new cam i was thinking mayb Canon SX20 Is.. will it be a good choice? n i dont intend to buy a SLR as m just a beginner n dont want to get into complex things right now...

@stuge yea its fun to play around wid a mobile's cam :p

for that price I will never buy a cam with small sensor ,but thats just me .beginner dslrs have auto mode.so you can shoot just like you can do with point and shoot .

rest is up to you :)

Last edited:

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@Stuge hmm i'll think abt it thnx for suggesting :smile:

1 of my frnds told me he can help me get canon sx20 Is @ 20k wid bill n warranty n dats my max budget also till now..

i will be buying at the end of september so i hv lot of tym to think :p

toofan

Technomancer
Gangsta: by that time entry level DSLR's price will fall more and more due to realease of nikon D31000 or something like that.
If you would like to continue with photography then you will buy a DSLR sooner or later and you had to spend money again.

And if you think that you will not be that serious and be happy with family photographs and the awesome features the P & S provides then it is wise to buy a P & S for its features mainly zoom.

But ultimate quality is only available on DSLR's.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Advance Point and shoot r good for day-to-day photographs...no need of lens change, no dust cleaning, not big and heavy. Covers macro-wide angle-long zoom.

But when it comes to quality of pics & night shots...DSLRs r unbeatable:smile:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
@vamsi : First one is great. I like the third one too ...

Some random shots ..

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p5DhWqTnl675TRlr3NUo10-BPZWii1uXPwJiLWgOJVisbNKszOQVGGpqNyLAdfj48HpvcLT-xc5o8UlyCu5WqsTfuowVuuZi3/P1010205-1.JPG?psid=1

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1prFVoSS2qLiYfwp3cC0eIIMDSM7wxC_XQFidnYWcpYRakkyJ9O56FSavhW8oF2sv8Tph4uQZzlxvX-sEn8VMUHY6koOGczXwa/P1010173-1.JPG?psid=1

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvstsvFxco

Was trying my hand on video recording on Canon EOS 550D. I'm damn impressed. Now I'm slowly even inclined to hone up my videography skills. Dreaming to buy Canon EOS 550D. I'm in love with it. :cool:

Stuge

Youngling
I wish they come out with VR or IS versions of 50mms ..its just damn too important for videos .(Specially hand held )

Last edited:
Top Bottom