The Photography Thread

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments ... :)

Here is one more test shot ...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4894470799_111872787e.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
a_medico: nice take and good dof. You could improve on more to this shot.

chirag: Beautiful take. Beautiful colors and compo. But.... You missed on focus. shooting closeup require very steady hands. One halka sa jhatka and the focus sifts.

Thanks for the procedure of HDR.

Subratabera: If this is the test shot what will be your real ones.

Great shot to start with. Excellent work.

OP
INS-ANI

INS-ANI

In the zone
where is INS ??? I hope he returned back from leh before horrible calamity struck there .

INS- Bhaiyaaa Meri aawaaj sun rahe ho to Hain bolo?
Kya tum jinda ho?

He returned back few days before the calamity.

@stuge, thanks for your concern . As toofan mentioned i was out of leh almost a fortnight before the unfortunate incident. However, many places i visited in leh have suffered massive damage along with lives lost.
Its even worse for people as they have ony 4 months of business every year (tourism) and this calamity has stuck right when they were earning and stocking for other 8 months.

INS must be busy in college admission...he was going to join MS(Master of Science and not Microsoft:p) in August itself:smile:
@sujyop
That seems unlikely, considerng some bad times i am having.
I regret for my absence from forum, but i have some important things to take care of before i can return to normal.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@sujyop
That seems unlikely, considerng some bad times i am having.
I regret for my absence from forum, but i have some important things to take care of before i can return to normal.

Hey just take care:smile:

subratabera

@toofan, @Cool G5 Thanks .. that's really some nice compliments ... Well , here's one more ...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4898843944_abc4bea009.jpg

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments ... :)

Here is one more test shot ...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4894470799_111872787e.jpg
Thats awesome, subrata. Grats on ur new camera. TZ-10 is a nice piece of equipment u got there. One of the best available.
U like playing with long exposures? check the cam probably has a starry sky mode. U may also try the manual mode, and take some shots of the clear night sky with high ISO and 60 sec exposures - u will be amazed. May even trace the milky way galaxy if sky is that clear. :smile:

There is probably GPS with TZ-10, have u checked that? And last question :p, did u consider FZ-35?

Stuge

Youngling
@INS : glad to know you're safe .
@chirag:congos and nice intro shots

@subratabera :congarts for the point and shoot :)

@toofan : Saturation is ok(even though its bit over the top
) ,but that pesudo hdr doesn't work much .
@medico : nice

@yep :"Nex" series is heck of a series .its for those who doesn't want DSLR ,but want features of dslr in small body .I see NEX as poor mans Leica .it will definately do awesome for street photography .Now Canon will be pressed hard to put dslr sensor in G series .Well Done Sony :D

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
@subratabera: excellently composed image. I must say you should have gone for the DSLR and you would have got that easily for around 22-23k brand new. Which would have justified your photographic talent.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
toofan : excellent compostion ,but halos :((I know its hdr ).

just atip for you : hdr works best with Architecture(its application was basically made for it only ).

Very few landscapes shots looks nice with hdr .

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@toofan - Nice shot but looks processed overly which kills the natural beauty. HDR should be done so lightly that the viewer cannot even make it out. This is what I heard from a renowned photographer. He displayed his HDR photos of Landscapes & I was surprised to find if it was processed at all? Though creating HDR is simple but drawing the line when doing it is important. The shot on its own would have looked far better IMO.

subratabera

@icebags :

Yep, it is a nice piece of equipment. I really like long exposure shots and trying my luck to get some cool effects. The cam has night sky SCN mode but I've not tried that yet, reason, cloudy wheather :( . I'll definitely give it a try when I get some clear sky. It is having GPS but I usually turn it off as it will unnecessary eat my battery. I was only looking for Canon SX210IS and Lumix TZ10 and after doing a lot of research I went for TZ10. I never considered FZ-35 as its not pocket-able and I wanted to carry my cam all the time.

@Stuge :

Thanks mate. I really got inspired after this thread got started and after watching all your's and other member's work.

@ sujoyp :

Thanks. I think , I'm quite lucky with my cam. :)

@toofan :

I am looking forward to a DSLR. But I never handled a digicam before so I just wanted a p&s to test and learn manual photography and also to carry it around all the time. After learning the things a bit I'll definitely go for a decent DSLR. May be a 3D one. ;)

Clay art ...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4881417251_b5a6165cd2.jpg

Last edited:

subratabera

very nicely taken. just remove the red patch over the left corner.

Yep .. it is looking odd .. here is the GIMPed version ... :)

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pvKrmdBDdrFlJsDtV5MbjKczeGCd0LK7l2P2zh_YKpElEWObWr1NnQDEzHOIX13Mh5IoqB0WfTSnXqeA7ikuJMq329ukRGazL/P1000226-3.JPG?psid=1

Last edited:

subratabera

that thing is for rs 300 though ;).nice shot

Ya . .those are quite expensive :) ...

Rain shots ...

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1prr-Ob-KCESXYkN3Hrok-3WPQEk6iK36wHm0FnlO-ki7b_JgCh-qIYIKSomZiwmBy14Qt9qfTGExDgWNx61fwlgXHbhylOsN7/P1000623-1.JPG?psid=1

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pjnRSOvAEGAfioXOXMxCdbvzyVz1DJvLIQXgzDXZ5iMSe6fb0Ctl87M9_8nzD4CYcVoDS-k3k1dyioe9wGtkby849WKAOiHya/P1000616-1.JPG?psid=1

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I Love You ...

Happy World Photography Day! Cheers to all Photographers round the globe. Keep Photographing.

Top Bottom