The Photography Thread

toofan

Technomancer
All of you friends.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

*a.imageshack.us/img90/3656/dsc0602p.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
The power of macro ...

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p0fKQ_Ft--He08g3tryZucILmyGOlBDLPCdg-mvmaotpaanAad0lHiBJiLe2bEgydg2V3mWThSJpPPhObvlJSt0s7bsjXRmUM/P1000980.JPG?psid=1

Everyone is behind it ...

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pX3PUhJ7_xG-XCO0_OXCZRRaPzLqfhHiz_cH7Tkq0MfrDuMLd5AoOt_pUJ86NO2hR_vgsn89LnNqN327heTY0cRUAr-n9_Jq4/P1000936.JPG?psid=1

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I liked Rs.5 coin...its sharp...but y there is a pinkish haze around it..is it taken on very high ISO like 800 or ISO 1600

Hey anybody excited about Nikon 3100...it seems very promising..
Read this at nikon's site about all new features:-D
Nikon | News | Digital-SLR camera Nikon D3100

toofan

Technomancer
yes the 14.2 mp cmos sensor is looking quite promising. its the best time to buy a D5000 its prices are falling like a ...... "bhool gaya".

sujoyp

Grand Master
D5000 price falling??? where? I still see it selling for 34k with kit lens and 2 year warranty..wont it come down to 28k

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
I liked Rs.5 coin...its sharp...but y there is a pinkish haze around it..is it taken on very high ISO like 800 or ISO 1600

The camera was at ISO 400 ... actually the coin was lying around on a paper and the light was also quite dim ... :( ... may be that's why it came like that ...

Moon ... (without tripod)

ISO 80 , Exposure 1/125 , f4.9 , 300mm zoom

*public.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pzJUwy7L0oldumAYVa18Ggh87JTWvjJ9DU7U0HZnLB4K363BqnPwZY_6mj9XGIZ035QZcdPV9JORiuIFVCI2rww/P1010069.JPG?psid=1

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Shot it yesterday.

*a.imageshack.us/img801/3003/pillow3.th.jpg

@Sujoyp - This will give idea of current prices in US. I got my Canon 500D for a decent price as compared to Indian markets.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@a_medico according to ur link...the minimum price in US is 649 Dollar which comes to Rs.29800

Even smartshopper.com r selling it at 30k without warranty(gray)...

Thanks anyways:razz:

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
just wait a watch soon D3100 will sell for less than D5000 :p.hehe

These websites are just pain stupid comparing it with 550D or even D5K.

1.it doesn't have auto braketting
2 IR remote like ML-L3 doesn't work with it .Nikon removed it IR port from it .

anyway

Canon SX130 ..bye bye SX120:D

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
just wait a watch soon D3100 will sell for less than D5000 :p.hehe

These websites are just pain stupid comparing it with 550D or even D5K.

1.it doesn't have auto braketting
2 IR remote like ML-L3 doesn't work with it .Nikon removed it IR port from it .

anyway

Canon SX130 ..bye bye SX120:D

but 3100 have a new 14mp sensor...and continuous focus in full HD video recording...
But its true that its just a entry level DSLR cant be compared with 550D 7 D5000:)

Stuge

Youngling
but 3100 have a new 14mp sensor...and continuous focus in full HD video recording...
But its true that its just a entry level DSLR cant be compared with 550D 7 D5000:)

that new sensor aren't gonna do ground breaking stuff(its using Sony nex sensor (if I'm correct ).There is a limit that APS-C sensors can achieve at high iso's .I seldom do video on my D90 ,but I use Auto bracketing very often .
Auto bracketing is very necessary .

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nex sensor should not be a problem coz I have heard that even D5000 uses Sony sensors of A500 with different algorithm:smile:.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@astroutkarsh - All three snaps seem to be soft. Instead of attaching as attachments, you can host them on Flickr or Picasa & link back here to preserve the quality.

@a_medico - I love the vibrant colours in your shot. Feels a touch over exposed.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Hi guys... m new to the thread..well m not a pro but Photography has always been my hobby n i enjoy it :) i went through the thread n pics r gr8.. u guys hav done gr8 work !!

well for now i dont hav a gud cam but m getting 1 in 1or2 months den i'll start doing some work :)

dez r sm of my fav. pics i took from Nokia N79's cam.. did some minor adjustments in photoshop...:)

*lh6.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TG7KAh11seI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/LxYdknp0-_g/s640/pic2.jpg

*lh3.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TG7KBG2cqLI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/YrBGAly2nUM/s640/pic3.jpg

*lh4.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TG7KBUXw2lI/AAAAAAAAAFQ/mQTKdzLAXL4/s640/pic4.jpg

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
@astroutkarsh - All three snaps seem to be soft. Instead of attaching as attachments, you can host them on Flickr or Picasa & link back here to preserve the quality.

I thought the same, but i was in hurry so .......
anyway, here is Picasa link Picasa Web Albums - Utkarsh - Kas Pathar.
I know few snaps are out of Focus, but still for all other C & C welcome.

Planing to visit again when all flowers will bloom i.e. Last week of Sept.

Stuge

Youngling
Nex sensor should not be a problem coz I have heard that even D5000 uses Sony sensors of A500 with different algorithm:smile:.
nikon has been doing this for quite some time i.e getting sensors from Sony.

Nikon has been able to harness more from sony sensors that even sony isn't able to do .

NEX sensors are very good(check out NEX3 and NEX5 pictures, specially they perform well in noise department ) .

a_medico

Chillum Baba
I thought the same, but i was in hurry so .......
anyway, here is Picasa link Picasa Web Albums - Utkarsh - Kas Pathar.
I know few snaps are out of Focus, but still for all other C & C welcome.

Planing to visit again when all flowers will bloom i.e. Last week of Sept.

Is Kaas Pathar near Satara? Do you go there with a photography group or alone? Where would be nearest accomodation? What is so special about Kaas? I have heard many photographers go there frequently.

azzu

AJJU
*img689.imageshack.us/img689/6563/roadazzu.jpg

Who said Indian Roads r Bad :D

*img594.imageshack.us/img594/7755/basicazzu.jpg

Trying Out basics :D

all images tweaked and Tuned :D
aZZu

have many images will upload soon

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
Is Kaas Pathar near Satara? Do you go there with a photography group or alone? Where would be nearest accomodation? What is so special about Kaas? I have heard many photographers go there frequently.
Yes, Kaas Pathar is near to Satara (23 KM appx. from Satara).
I went with my friend (we both r photography enthu) on 15th aug.
Nearest accommodation in Satara. You can get State Transport Buses to go there or you can take Auto / Sumo.
Special abt Kaas Pathar is
It's Valley of Flowers (in Maharashtra). Best time to go there is Mansoon end i.e. Sept End or Oct 1st /2nd week. You can see colors / shades for various flowers on either side of Road on this Plateau.
If you are Nature / Flower & Photography lover, its good place to Visit in Spet / Oct.

As I am in Pune, its just 134 KM for me & we went on Pulsar.

Let me know if you want more details. (I am working on Road Map though).

I planed to visit again in Last week of Sept, so if interested we can plan.

Top Bottom