The Photography Thread

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Ok guys i found both SX20 n FZ35 to be good..
The thing i like abt FZ35 is dat it can take RAW+JPEG and has a auto Fringe-correction dat canon does'nt hav...

i was leaning more towards Canon as my old cam was also a canon so m familiar wid canon n feels more comfortable to me but i hv never tried any panasonic...

and Toofan as for the batteries i already hav 8 AA recharcheable batt. 4 r new uniross 2100 n 4 r old sony ones so batt. is not a problem :razz:

well i will be buying the cam in 1st week of october so mayb some new models will be launched at dat tym..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Canon EOS 60D Announced!

Featuring,

> 18MP APS-C Sensor
> Articulated LCD Screen having same resolution as Canon 550D
> In Camera RAW Processing & other creative effects
> ISO 100-3200 expandable to 12,800
> Supports SD, SDHC & SDXC memory cards(No CF)
> 5.3 fps Continuous Shooting
> 1080p Video with Manual Controls

Stuge

Youngling
OMG ! Canon got cannoned with this crappy launch except for the lenses :( :(

Just wait for Nikon D7000 or D95 !

what is wrong with them ? still using that old AF +metal body removed .It better to get 50D over 60D anyday .

This is 600D ..not 60D.

8-15mm F4 fish eye is the wide angle lens to lure for :D

toofan

Technomancer
Lower fps then 50D.
A degraded 50D body for raising 3mp and adding Video. Total fail.
Good time to buy 50D.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
cool :now you're acting like a canon fanboi :| .

CHDK is good and I have used it a lot with my canon pns ,but its too cumbersome to use it everytime.

-and if I remeber correctly CHDK needs to be activated everytime cam is switched off .for the same reason CHDK is nice alternative,but not a good permanent solution !.

anyway ,coming back: I will really recommend to wait for FZ40 as it can click pictures at 25mm + have more zoom .

You can have it to launch automatically everytime you switch on the camera. Also I favour Canon cameras in P&S. In DSLR, both are neck to neck. I even like the idea of having alkalines over battery packs. I wonder what will I do when I get a DSLR but it won't use alkalines & would have to purchase those costly battery packs. I'm quite liking the new Canon 60D. Maybe it would be my next camera. Just day dreaming now. :smile:

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Hey Guys.. panasonic has launched 2 successors to FZ35...they hav also been added to panasonic india website so dey will be available i guess..

FZ40..
Panasonic launches Lumix DMC-FZ40 / FZ45 digital superzoom: Digital Photography Review

FZ100..
Panasonic premieres Lumix DMC-FZ100 high-speed superzoom camera: Digital Photography Review

chk 'em out..

toofan

Technomancer
WTS: Canon 450D + 18-55 IS & Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro

Gaurav: you might be interested in it.

Or in it.

WTS canon 500D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Winning my First Photography Award at Focus 2010

A blog post for complete story behind my first photography award. :)

@toofan - Thanks for pointing out the threads but I would like to purchase a new camera(maybe second lenses) & would also use it for video recording so no old rebels.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Winning my First Photography Award at Focus 2010

A blog post for complete story behind my first photography award. :)

@toofan - Thanks for pointing out the threads but I would like to purchase a new camera(maybe second lenses) & would also use it for video recording so no old rebels.

Hey Congrats Gourav ... that's really cool !!!

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

*a.imageshack.us/img90/4302/dsc0106prac1.jpg

I had posted this image before but this time with a digital painting effect.

Really good portrait toofan. I am really poor in portrait photography and also post processing :( . Really need to learn many things.

Stuge

Youngling
Lower fps then 50D.
A degraded 50D body for raising 3mp and adding Video. Total fail.
Good time to buy 50D.

many on canon forums, who are canon users themselves have predicted disaster in recipe for canon. (though I don't agree with them).

What canon wants is 50D users will forced to buy 7D (if they decide to buy a new cam) and rebel users can buy 60D.Removal of AF tuning is a big no this is the only thing I hate about D90 as well .

now it seems D7000 will even knock off D300s,but that will happen sooner or later .lets wait and watch !

sujoyp

Grand Master
Presenting u Stuart the Turtle:razz:

*lh3.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THihV23LyPI/AAAAAAAAFc4/km3lRkrIIHA/s400/DSC04855.JPG
*lh4.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THihYDhnc6I/AAAAAAAAFc8/XY86lyqlIro/s400/DSC04860.JPG
*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THihaDbMaiI/AAAAAAAAFdA/VeCdoKhcrrs/s400/DSC04866.JPG
*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THihb0XW0uI/AAAAAAAAFdE/TEMgJ1KFD1c/s400/DSC04875.JPG
Enjoy:smile:

toofan

Technomancer
Congrats: Gaurav.

Thanks Subretabera.

Sujoy: beautiful Images. A little sharpening will enhance them more.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks toofan:smile:...actually the turtle was under water and i was taking through the glass of aquarium...soo max shots didnt come that sharp or vivid.

Here r some more of my pics:p

*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THjDjjtvykI/AAAAAAAAFdg/Ep-FU-5PT3s/s800/DSC04768.JPG
*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THjDlUrPJDI/AAAAAAAAFdk/jqfpCXrUMvQ/s800/DSC04779.JPG*lh6.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THjDmXn0uMI/AAAAAAAAFdo/RgPw6O0WAcE/s800/DSC04832.JPG
I donno u will like the last shot or not coz it was shot in night.This is Night lily which can be only seen at night/evening:smile:

*lh5.ggpht.com/_9a5lKZR2-08/THjhE_chwhI/AAAAAAAAFeE/jkqIGGBwXR8/s800/DSC04633.JPG
My sis's Rakhie plate...Just the worst part of the pic is it have my mobile in it...But i just cant remove it

Last edited:

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Stone art ...

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pZF5V64fOLgofVMI9hYkPLzpsIXyCg8z8yXftDOEVg94XfWJfwCdNESfBNPTh6GL__4RC8f43Qr439EZTLR7WyNXCsMWO36SS/P1010421-1.JPG?psid=1

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pJIzBqsG1xgCHmH-J-VZCFba0YK1kK0EV5jvsOx638WPf0kP5nD0K5xMqavE0dMe-hTrq2nivxUGPPji0BtP9D-kd_aF9BPxZ/P1010420-1.JPG?psid=1

*jyte4a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pwgmHZoSAGZyMbrOh3e9nSV70-VXLRNPATFZ68PiluZxWicF5s0bhPqqd6OVHbAiQzSiyeHm5oeFVEBqvDB-k--el8JaS0srB/P1010428-1.JPG?psid=1

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@subratabera - Thank You.

@sujoyp - As toofan added, add some sharpening. You failed to keep the rakhis popping out of thali in color. Such small things should be kept in mind while doing selective desaturation. Fairly good job though. Rest shots are normal & nothing interesting.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah selective desaturated is interesting...but bit hard for such small things...i used Gimp and used circular selection thing...point to point selection make things very edgy...still learning:)

BTW it was not a setup for rakhie thali pic...it was just one of the random shot:grin:

Top Bottom