The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

dinesh72

Journeyman
I bought a new WD hdd and made it TM backup disk with my laptop. When I connect it to my desktop it is not recognized!! Many times it just refuses to connect. (I just want to browse the content in it). Normally HFS+J should be readable by other macs. Or not?
Also I tried to connect it to Windows pc with HFS reader. I see the directory structure but nothing inside!
It is working perfectly as a back up disk on MBP.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hardware decoding schmicoding. As long as it plays, it's fine. I can tell you that 1080p video plays back find on a MacBook and that's all that matters.

Also, the trackpad thing with AirMouse works great. The responsiveness and connectivity is fantastic.

About my avatar, I'm not a mod anymore so I thought I'd change it. Besides, I hardly post these days so it's not important.

@Pat: Are you trying to encode directly from a CSS encrypted DVD? Cause it won't work. I'd suggest you give Handbrake a shot. Mactheripper is teh crap.

@Dinesh: Hmm. Weird. My HFS+ HDD works perfectly on all my macs. For windows you need MacDrive (HFS Explorer is useless in my experience). The 5 days trial should be good enough to tell whether you can access it or not.

I'd suggest you reformat the hard drive using the desktop, and then connect it to your MBP. Don't know if it will help, but you gotta get this out of the way before it becomes too difficult.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Please ignore if you already know ..

There is a free / nice alternative to VMWare

Sun - VirtualBox - Free and opensource - Supports the Solaris OS, OpenSolaris, Windows, ,Macintosh OS X and Linux

Link and details

I tried it quite some time ago and some guys got mad here(no offence!) that I was testing it with Linux!:D
@IronManForever
Good luck with the mac!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
Sunny1211993 said:
Anyvideoconverter free version.
Thanks.

goobimama said:
Hardware decoding schmicoding. As long as it plays, it's fine. I can tell you that 1080p video plays back find on a MacBook and that's all that matters.
To play, it will surely have to get decoded; thats what I wanted to know.

goobimama said:
Also, the trackpad thing with AirMouse works great. The responsiveness and connectivity is fantastic.
You mean to say, such thing/software already exists?
I just guessed about it in my previous post. I said it wouldnt take long before such thing becomes available; and its already there? I'm Genius! :D

cooldudie3 said:
I tried it quite some time ago and some guys got mad here(no offence!) that I was testing it with Linux!
Others' opinions? Four words => Don't Give a Damn!
Its the BEST free solution available and easily competes with the paid solutions. It also has a feature similar to VMWare Fusion. What else do you need?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys, What are the odds that Snow Leopard releases this January, 2009? I think there's some event scheduled for January where Steve Jobs may appear. Maybe we'll see some updates to the iMac? Maybe the Mac Mini will be updated? But I feel there maybe a new Mac coming. As the Mac Mini hasn't been updated much since long, I strongly feel it isnt here to stay..

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I think there's some event scheduled for January where Steve Jobs may appear.
LOL! ROFL! TYLS! FSTD! That's the funniest thing I've heard! Thanks for making my day :)

(And Sno will be out in June)

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
I think there's some event scheduled for January where Steve Jobs may appear.
WHAT is so funny? :confused: I never paid much attention to Apple earlier because of the way they are arrogant about their products, and its normal for me to not know the exact name of the event.. :p

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
An example of poor web designing skill :

*img301.imageshack.us/img301/5496/picture1vq8.jpg

Now, the above is not just an example but also my problem. I need to trade on Reliance Money on a daily basis. Last friday everything was okay, now they seem to have redesigned the site and is IE only. What do I do now ?? Developer Menu in Safari doesn't help, same message appears when I use Firefox. Any help ??

din

Tribal Boy
@jamesbond007

That sux :( Yes, a site that runs only in IE ? Hmmm they might be living in the past :mad:

Crossove support IE upto ver 6 (does not support 7 / 8 ). So thats sure an option.

Tried ies4osx ? They claim to be supporting even ver 7.0.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Exact cost involved?

Applecare Protection Plan (APP) costs different for different Apple Products. For Macbooks, it costs 12-13k in India and provides you an additional 2 years of warranty (so total 3 years).

However, to activate APP , you just need a code and as such, it can be bought from US or elsewhere. I have seen APP for Macbooks sold for as low as $145 on eBay.com

@All: How do I copy text from a pdf in "Preview" ? When I try to do that, it pastes some garbage characters.

goobimama

 Macboy
APP must always be bought from eBay. At least 50% cheaper (and it is very safe if you buy it from a reputed seller).

Applecare Protection Plan (APP) costs different for different Apple Products. For Macbooks, it costs 12-13k in India and provides you an additional 2 years of warranty (so total 3 years).

However, to activate APP , you just need a code and as such, it can be bought from US or elsewhere. I have seen APP for Macbooks sold for as low as $145 on eBay.com

@All: How do I copy text from a pdf in "Preview" ? When I try to do that, it pastes some garbage characters.
Try pasting it without formatting (Command+Option+Shift+V). Must be some font issue. Tried pasting it in TextEdit or something else?

Last edited:
My mighty mouse was causing some scrolling issues. Sprayed some collin in there. Working as it should be! I hope the spray doesn't mess up with the mouse hardware:D

Pat

Beyond Smart
Try pasting it without formatting (Command+Option+Shift+V). Must be some font issue. Tried pasting it in TextEdit or something else?

I reckon its a font issue. Works for most pdf files, but not the one that matters to me ATM :p

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/8774/picture1iw0.png
*img152.imageshack.us/img152/picture1iw0.png/1/w320.png

Top Bottom