The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Man Skitch is awesome! And it is totally supported!
Here's one I made from Skitch:
*img.skitch.com/20081217-s5b89ugd4r23g583367tncy9j.jpg

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I reckon its a font issue. Works for most pdf files, but not the one that matters to me ATM :p

*img152.imageshack.us/img152/8774/picture1iw0.png
*img152.imageshack.us/img152/picture1iw0.png/1/w320.png
Well have you tried OCR'ing it? If you want I can do it for you and send it back.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Well have you tried OCR'ing it? If you want I can do it for you and send it back.

I just learnt a new thing today. There are 2 levels of protection for pdf files. One which requires a password to open it and other which disables copying/editing/printing/searching the contents in the pdf. In my case, its the 2nd scenario. So, OCR is the only option for me now. I will try it out soon.

dinesh72

Journeyman
my mbp is in sync with mobileme but I can not sync imac. when i go to mobileme pref, sync now option is disabled! how do i enable this option? i want mbp, imac and mobile me in sync.

yash

I draw every day
wow! I've been away for far too long. Just to satisfy people's curiosity, I have a 15 inch macbook pro with 2.16 GHZ processor.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Anyone paying attention to the new update to Mac Mini rumors, somehow due to the easy predictability of Apple, it seems it is going to be based on nVidia Ion platform.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^^ Easy predictability of Apple? :lol: That's because of the overwhelming number of predicters! And apple user-base is narrow, almost everyone is at speculations. And the ratio of Apple's well-informed users to noobs is good. Somebody is bound to get right!

Added: And nvidia Ion? Looks like its gonna be an Atom Exclusive. I do not think Mac Mini will be based around an Atom processor!

Last edited:

superczar

-n00b-
Ben away for a while..
Apple picked up my DOA (albeit a very minor issue) Macbook two weeks ago
And they sent me a spanking new machine which reached me 5 days after the old one was picked up :D

Now just need to get my ACP transferred to the new system (+1 to Goobi's suggestion, after buying it on eBay + the live.com offer, it cost me ~6K)

IronManForever

--------------------------

Guys. I have decided to wait till Macworld Expo 09. Maybe something is gonna happen and I will be regretting for not waiting.
My list of queries.

1. I heard Macs are cheaper in Delhi because of lower tax rates?
2. What is the price of the new 13' Macbook in Delhi?

*www.apple.co.in/store/flash/macbook/macbook.html
- The above link says that the base Aluminum Macbook is Rs 72,910 tax "exclusive"?
- It also says that the White Macbook costs Rs 56,580 tax "exclusive"?

So, is that the price that is offered at Apple's Imagine Stores? The Apple website says way more than what you guys told! :confused:

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
You can get an Aluminium MacBook at an Imagine Store for 75k 'tax inclusive'. The while MacBook is 57k or so with tax. We however got our Combo drive MacBook for 46k, brand new.

Nothing 'notebook' is going to happen at Macworld, I'm definite. They aren't going to refresh their MacBook line. The only possibility is Apple jumping the netbook game, which I don't see happening right now.

You can get an Aluminium MacBook at an Imagine Store for 75k 'tax inclusive'. The while MacBook is 57k or so with tax. We however got our Combo drive MacBook for 46k, brand new.

Nothing 'notebook' is going to happen at Macworld, I'm definite. They aren't going to refresh their MacBook line. The only possibility is Apple jumping the netbook game, which I don't see happening right now.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hello people, Merry Christmas to you all and with that I got yet another disaster story from my side. Suddenly for no reason at all my MagSafe Power Adapter seems to have given up on me!! Everything was working fine and then suddenly I saw my MacBook running out of charge, I checked the Power Adapter, it was switched on but wasnt charging, I checked in the AC socket it was fine, I tried other sockets, all were fine, except that my Power Adapter wasnt charging at all.

So what are my options now, should I get it repaired or purchase a new one.
Right now I dont even have a computer, so I got some difficult time ahead. 2008 was a disaster for me lets see if 2009 has something to offer.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
They won't do anything about the notebook line, they just released the new ones. But maybe something to do with the iMac, Mac Mini or Mac Pro.

IronManForever

goobimama said:

1. 75k for Aluminum Macbook? My goodness. Its much more expensive when compared to US Prices. :( And thats without the 2.4GHz Illuminated Keyboard Model!

2. Combo Drive Model for 46k! Was that for the Smoking Apples team?

I think I have to forget about the UniBody Macbook. Too Expensive for me!

jamesbond007 said:
Hello people, Merry Christmas to you all and with that I got yet another disaster story from my side. Suddenly for no reason at all my MagSafe Power Adapter seems to have given up on me!! Everything was working fine and then suddenly I saw my MacBook running out of charge, I checked the Power Adapter, it was switched on but wasnt charging, I checked in the AC socket it was fine, I tried other sockets, all were fine, except that my Power Adapter wasnt charging at all.
Maybe something wrong with the Macbook's Magsafe Connector?

cooldudie3 said:
They won't do anything about the notebook line, they just released the new ones. But maybe something to do with the iMac, Mac Mini or Mac Pro.
My personal speculations;
iMac => Nvidia Graphics in all models.
MacMini => Updated with Unibody and nVidia GFx, more RAM, better Proccy.
MacPro => I don't know much about the current generation High End Hardware.. Never concerned about those out of budget things that are to drool over. :neutral:

Last edited:

So what are my options now, should I get it repaired or purchase a new one.
Right now I dont even have a computer, so I got some difficult time ahead. 2008 was a disaster for me lets see if 2009 has something to offer.

Had the same problem. Can't repair the 85W Magsafe. At least that is what I was told, because it is a single moulded case. Got a new one in Nov and that lasted 15 days before it packed up. Imagine Stores did replace it under warranty but it normally takes them at least 7 days as NO ONE seems to stock the adaptors. Checked with all resellers in Mumbai, Pune, Goa and Bangalore.

IronManForever

Guys, are we gonna see yearly updates to iLife, iWork and other stuff?

I am gonna buy iWork (basically for Keynote!) but I do have alternatives if iWork 09 is coming soon!

BTW, we just crossed 8000 posts in this thread!

Last edited:
Top Bottom