The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
Not for me. I type like a pro on the iPhone and enjoy doing it. The problem is the small cache memory on the iPhone which doesn’t allow you to browse more than one page at a time. Also, the fact that you cannot copy and paste, and therefore cannot quote multiple people, is also a problem.
You just gave away more of the reasons why iPhone is not good enough...
How can they have a small cache while there is 8GB of memory available ? The ASUS EEE 701 with 4GB also had a decent cache. Sheesh... you can't even copy and paste ? :shock:
Typing is much more fun/fast with a normal / QWERTY keypad.
+1
I still can't imagine how people can bear to type without being able to FEEL the keyboard, the wonderfully shaped keys, each of the tiny dots signifying something special, unique, a different character in each (pun intended).
^^ Answer to all these questions lies in your own signature!! (No offense!)
:lol: lolololololol awssome one :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@Sunny, 1 serious suggestion: Please start your own thread in the QnA section. Name it My Mac Queries, I am sure Aayush and others will follow it. Put all your Mac queries in 1 place, will help you and will help others in helping you.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Sunny, 1 serious suggestion: Please start your own thread in the QnA section. Name it My Mac Queries, I am sure Aayush and others will follow it. Put all your Mac queries in 1 place, will help you and will help others in helping you.

Yet another awesome reply.

@Sunny

As long as you are not having any problems connecting to Wifi, you should be the best judge in deciding what to use for WiFi. If you feel TC is eating bandwidth ( I don't see why it should do that way ) don't use it as a router!!

What is GT for Mac that you mentioned earlier ??
For best seeding, seed the free/golden torrents and download only what you can seed.
Use another app just for seeding and divide you bandwidth between the two. In Transmission, always allocate more bandwidth for seeding and set every torrent to use global dl and ul. And lastly keep experimenting ....

I get only superseeded torrents the site from which I am downloading.Transmission doesn't upload a single byte even though I have set UL speed to 30kBps.It downloads at well over 200kBps.What to do?I will get banned on that private tracker.

As for TC,can anybody tell me how to use it as a wireless Hard Disk only?

goobimama

 Macboy
Array baba, seeding torrents is an art. If nobody wants your data, how is it going to upload?

As for the TC, I assume it mounts on your desktop? Why can't you use it from there itself?

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Sunny

What UL ~30kbps and DL ~200kbps ?? Now that is not art, in the desperate case I'd do the opposite.
Remember, you seed a torrent even while you are downloading it so always give more bandwidth to upload than to download.
Golden rule that I believe in is 'Public Torrents Rock', always check for a file in a public torrent before downloading the same from private. There are many well seeded public torrents as well...
If you have 2 computers use them, use two diff clients on a computer, do what ever it takes. 98% of my bandwidth usage is for Torrents only, so now don't cry like a baby and keep experimenting ....
Boy this is Apple thread and not the torrent one, in case you forgot ;-)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Not for me. I type like a pro on the iPhone and enjoy doing it. The problem is the small cache memory on the iPhone which doesn’t allow you to browse more than one page at a time. Also, the fact that you cannot copy and paste, and therefore cannot quote multiple people, is also a problem.

Lolz...limitations on iPhone :D. Opera Browser in Nokia N82 or SE G900 has no such limitations

Array baba, seeding torrents is an art. If nobody wants your data, how is it going to upload?

As for the TC, I assume it mounts on your desktop? Why can't you use it from there itself?
No,t doesn't.It is a wireless device and we we wanna see it as a Hard Drive on desktop we might need to open iMac and connect Time Capsule thorough a SATA cable to one of the SATA ports on the motherboard which i never would want to do.
I shows up in the left side of the Finder window. I can access it and store data but whenever I restart my mac,it asks to create a wireless network.

@Sunny

What UL ~30kbps and DL ~200kbps ?? Now that is not art, in the desperate case I'd do the opposite.
Remember, you seed a torrent even while you are downloading it so always give more bandwidth to upload than to download.
Golden rule that I believe in is 'Public Torrents Rock', always check for a file in a public torrent before downloading the same from private. There are many well seeded public torrents as well...
If you have 2 computers use them, use two diff clients on a computer, do what ever it takes. 98% of my bandwidth usage is for Torrents only, so now don't cry like a baby and keep experimenting ....
Boy this is Apple thread and not the torrent one, in case you forgot ;-)

Thanks!!Will isohunt and thepiratebay do?:D

I want to block ads on Safari but there is no way to do it which leaves me with Firefox and adblock plus which sucks!

BTW I was watching Batman Begins 1080p on my glossy iMac screen and I had a pleasure that I could never get from my crappy 17" screen on my PC.
It was just awesome!

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
@sunny: Okay I've had it with your whiney posts. If you have a problem ask nicely and you will get help. Simply pasting 'WTF' all over the place isn't going to get you anywhere.

Now, here's another cool screensaver. Remember the first Core Animation demo? Or before that the iTunes ad? We'll now there's a screensaver for that.

*www.coolosxapps.net/images/mp2-20080723-222912.png

And, AppFresh. I haven't tried this yet but I sure will when I get home.

*www.coolosxapps.net/images/af02-20071111-165715.png

AppFresh 0.7.2 is an excellent free utility for OS X that keeps all your Mac applications up to date, by checking the internet for new releases. It provides one central place to keep your applications, preference panes, widgets and application plugins that you have installed on your Mac up to date. It works with Tiger and Leopard.

goobimama

 Macboy
Posted on behalf of Aayush.

Can you post this on the forum on my behalf please?

"Guys, I would like to remind you that this thread is intended to
serve as a chill zone for Mac users to hang out and enjoy the company
of all the other Mac users on this forum. Anyone whose name is listed
in the first post of this thread is fully entitled to discuss anything
here as long as it doesn't break any forum rules. There are no thread
specific rules and no real topic here. It's *the only* place on the
entire forum where Mac users get to discuss whatever they want to with
their fellow Mac using friends (be it troubleshooting a Dashboard
widget, movies, music or girlfriends or whatever).

Therefore, I humbly request you not to tell Sunny or anyone else to
take his problems somewhere else, even ones that aren't directly
related to anything from Apple. Sure, if you don't like their tone or
think that they're being repetitive or stupid, tell it to them bluntly
and I'm sure they'll get the message.

And be a little gentle to Sunny, please. As much of a PITA as he may
be sometimes (no offence, mate, I just like to be frank), do remember
that he's only fifteen. We weren't exactly Newtons either when you
were that age. For example, if it weren't for Milind's patience with
me, my queries and my mistakes (he even lost a very important torrent
account due to me once), I wouldn't have been nearly as knowledgeable
about a lot of stuff as I am today.

Let's all look out for each other, shall we? :)"

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@Sunny

You are 15!! Boy, at this age you have the right to ask anything.... Just remember not to use that 'WTF' very often.
At your age I played Marbles, Ludo and watched DD1 on Black & White TV :)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Goobi, I am up for a typing race. E50 vs iPhone. Next meet. :p

I was just gonna say that! Except that I have a 5700. So in case you don't beat Goobi, I will. Goobi, I hope that's fine with you? 26th July. Battle of the keypads.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^:D:D

I use WTF quite often with my buddies on Y! Messenger.
Let's stop this topic about PITA, black and white TVs and whoever is fifteen.
---------------
Do you guys have any cool free apps on the Mac platform? I know there are a lot but I don't know them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom