The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
Google Earth,Transmission!

BTW my cousin sister wants to buy a MacBook White 2.4 GHz C2D.Is the discount still available to the students?If yes,then how much?She is in Delhi University.Will she get any discount?How much will the MacBook cost her after discount and all?

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I have Transmission but maybe I should try Google Earth...
Google Maps is very slow in my wifi network.
I haven't used Google Earth since I left my crappy PC. I wonder how it is now...

It is available to all students in qualified universities. It also includes faculty of Primary and Universities. There is some sort of discount and I think you get a free ipod. But act quick until September or the free ipod will be gone. It is the Back to School program.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Is the discount still available to the students?If yes,then how much?She is in Delhi University.Will she get any discount?How much will the MacBook cost her after discount and all?
All details can be found in this thread by Aayush.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Wow i didn't realize the Macbook was upgraded to 2.4 Ghz! My Macbook Pro is 2.4 Ghz! With 200GB!!
----
It's about time to show this forum about macs. So many people are treating me and Aayush and other people poorly just because we are fans of mac. And many look down to me, and to i believe other Macusers. It's really stupid and should stop.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@cooldude

Google Earth is available for Mac, in case you didn't notice. And what makes you think you are not being treated good ??

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^You don't need to tell me that Google Earth is available for mac. In fact, I downloaded it already. what I meant by "how it is now" is how cool it is on a mac.
----------------

People on IRC are so mean!
they are saying things like "oh a macboy" or "a typical macboy logic" or something like that
--------
Anyways guys, i have told Raaabo I am changing from cooldudie3 to MacRocker.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
they are saying things like "oh a macboy" or "a typical macboy logic" or something like that

People on IRC are no way mean.
Most of us who hang there are linux users, so anyone using other os's will be made fun at , but its just that.

Still , its a great place to hang out once you get in touch with folks there.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It's pretty cool. :)

And don't worry about people being mean, dude. Why do you care! If you aren't respected on the IRC, don't visit there. No one is mean to me here, because I don't notice it even if someone is.

@Sunny,
When will you stop dumping your problems on others? We are here to help you after you've tried to help yourself but couldn't. We're not here to spoonfeed you. If you'd just searched the forum, or even just this thread, about that discount thing, you'd have come up with ample information. Similarly, if you just tried out the various methods of integrating the Time Capsule in your existing network, you'd know what works best for you. We don't mind answering questions like which IM client on Mac support voice chatting or why Quick Look isn't working for you. But when you start asking stuff like why is my Mac so warm and what would be the price of a MacBook after the student discount (when I've clearly stated it several times), you start testing our patience. Be a little more willing to take risks and test stuff out yourself, like the rest of us do. :)

@cooldudie3,
The free iPod offer only exists in the United States, not out here.

goobimama

 Macboy
That kind of stuff will always go on. I mean, that's what L'users are good at! ;)

@Aayush: Btw, Axel already wants to sell his, (in his own words) "Piece of krap" HP notebook and get an MBP, and Joel (the other popat you met) the non-tech guy is thinking of getting a MacBook (his next comp is definitely a mac). I'm thinking four way popat video chat ftw!!! :D

@MacRocker: Please change your name to MacRocker.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I think you're confused with the posts on this forum with IRC. Second of all the last time you came I recall you talking to TheMatrixHasYou which is a bot. I didn't notice anyone being mean towards you.
Most of us who hang there are linux users, so anyone using other os's will be made fun at , but its just that.
The only time anyone is made fun of is probably when some comes in and starts convos off like "Hey why is Windows / Linux / Mac better than the other? " <-- Which usually ends up with a wide range of jokes. I mean seriously. No one gives a rats rear what anyone runs.

Code:
Jul 21 22:06:05 <\cool_v3>	lol
Jul 21 22:06:11 <\cool_v3>	?????????????!!!!
Jul 21 22:06:19 <[Garbage]>	\cool_v3, whos that ?
Jul 21 22:06:25 <\cool_v3>	Who?
Jul 21 22:07:05 <\cool_v3>	TheMatrixHasYou is the bot created I think the owner
Jul 21 22:07:09 <TheMatrixHasYou>	\cool_v3: If  it is, then I'll be very surprised.
Jul 21 22:07:13 <\cool_v3>	of this place
Jul 21 22:07:21 <_Garbage_>	TheMatrixHasYou, \cool_v3 don't wear anything
Jul 21 22:07:30 <\cool_v3>	???
Jul 21 22:07:41 <\cool_v3>	that didn't make sense!!
Jul 21 22:07:47 <\cool_v3>	wtf
Jul 21 22:07:53 <\cool_v3>	Why did you do that!
Jul 21 22:08:12 <\cool_v3>	TheMatrixHasYou: Don't listen to Garbage
Jul 21 22:08:16 <TheMatrixHasYou>	\cool_v3: Ok I'll try not to do  it too much.
Jul 21 22:08:19 <\cool_v3>	lol
Jul 21 22:08:29 <\cool_v3>	that was funny no offence
Jul 21 22:09:01 <\cool_v3>	TheMatrixHasYou: Do you eat and sleep and go to bathroom?
Jul 21 22:09:03 <TheMatrixHasYou>	\cool_v3: No I do not eat  and sleep and go to bathroom.  I eat only  patterns.
Jul 21 22:09:05 <_Garbage_>	\cool_v3!
Jul 21 22:09:24 <\cool_v3>	Garbage: what?
Jul 21 22:09:31 <_Garbage_>	no, \cool_v3 don't wear anything
Jul 21 22:09:46 <\cool_v3>	What?? Told you not to listen
Jul 21 22:10:24 <_Garbage_>	\cool_v3!
Jul 21 22:10:36 <\cool_v3>	?
Jul 21 22:10:38 <_Garbage_>	no, \cool_v3 don't wear anything !
Jul 21 22:10:47 <\cool_v3>	Why always blame me!
Jul 21 22:11:00 <\cool_v3>	What the h3ll is going on here?
Jul 21 22:11:05 <_Garbage_>	Filled-Void, why not abt \cool_v3
Jul 21 22:11:16 <\cool_v3>	Is garbage is bot too?
Jul 21 22:11:18 <_Garbage_>	\cool_v3!
Jul 21 22:11:21 <\cool_v3>	??????????????
Jul 21 22:11:24 <\cool_v3>	I'm out!
Jul 21 22:11:33 <Filled-Void>	\cool_v3, Cya
Jul 21 22:11:37 <_Garbage_>	\cool_v3, yup... I'm !!!
These are the lines of the output cat * | grep cool* . In other words the output of any lines in my logs containing cool* in it. Ive cut out the final lines which you we're in and pasted them here. Although I really don't know what you and garbage were talking about :D.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^You don't need to tell me that Google Earth is available for mac. In fact, I downloaded it already. what I meant by "how it is now" is how cool it is on a mac.

Oh sorry I should have told you to frame your sentences correctly. No offence dude, I mean you guys asking for help or demanding help ?? It really pays to be a little gentle :)

cooldudie3 said:

No wonder then !!

@FilledVoid

Impressed with your reply, you 'just penned my thoughts'

goobimama

 Macboy
In that case it is better to create a google group or something. But naa, digit forum is the best!

Weird luck. (either good or bad)
I had just reinstalled OS X, and all my files (iPhoto library, documents and music) were on the external drive. I moved my docs back to the documents folder, but though I'd keep my Music folder on the external drive. And since I don't (yet) have iLife, I thought I'd move the iPhoto library back over once I've installed it.

Last night however, I thought since I'm going to Mumbai, these idiots might do some buggering up, so I copied my iPhoto and iTunes library over to the main drive. And today I find my external hard drive has crashed.

Now I dont' know whether I had good luck of saving my files, or bad luck of losing my hard drive. From what I can remember, I haven't lost many important files on the external. Just some fonts, and other stuff like that. Still, I don't know whether to rejoice or cry. Any pointers?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Gates v/s Jobs Lightsaber Dual . Hilarious ;D

*gizmodo.com/5028895/bill-gates-vs-steve-jobs-the-lightsaber-duel

enjoy the game

What the............!I never got any BSODs with Windows in 5 Years!
How come they(Apple) show PCs with a BSOD screen?Even in my iMac shared PCs are shown with a BSOD.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
^^^Setup a WiFi card on an older config PC, you are bound to get BSODs
BSODs would never have been such a headache if only the error codes or messages it gives lead us to some solution.

Top Bottom