The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@Aayush
Is midomi free or do you need to pay?
Guys, you’ve got to check out midomi. It’s free and it recognises songs that you sing to it.
[Emphasis added.]

-----------------------------

Guys, I’m going to return my sister’s Mac today and will be left with no computer after that. The PC in my house has gotten short circuited or something and I couldn’t be bothered with getting it repaired. So I’ll be on a hiatus till the first week of August. Of course, I’ll keep reading the stuff you guys post from my iPhone but don’t expect a whole lot of replies.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Time Capsule causing trouble.I have 2 networks in my home.A 802.11g network in the whole house through Netgear router and a 802.11n(b/g) compatible network with Time Capsule.With the netgear router I get speeds of 250kBps + but with the TC 200 or so.Heavy speed loss!I tried changing the radio frequency to 802.11n only 2.4GHz but no help.I need to backup and I don't wanna dump this thing.It cost me 27K!Moreover it looks awesome.Help needed immediately!
Thanks

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don’t get it. If you have two Wi-Fi networks, how come you have Internet access on both of them? You have two Internet connections?

I would advise you to just extend the Netgear’s network using the Time Capsule and stick to that one network.

I have one connection only but I created another WiFi network by connecting my TC to one of the APs.

Guess what?I am pissed off further.My dad has agreed to put his CC on net(iTunes) but when I tap the iTunes button on the iPhone it says iTune snot available in India!!!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store won’t work with an Indian credit card but the App Store will. You need to fist launch iTunes on your Mac and make an account with your father’s credit card in the Indian version of the store. Then, after synchronising your iPhone with your Mac, you’ll be able to launch the App Store on your iPhone and buy applications from it.

---------------

Heard on Twitter: PEOPLE the battery life appears less because YOU CAN'T PUT THE DAMNED THING DOWN.

So true. :D

----------------

It seems that Apple has run out of useful features to add to Mac OS X and is now building in useless ones instead. That’s such a Microsoftian thing to do, really.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Icons huh. That is very microsoftian indeed. And I'm sure the full thing will be totally useless. All music is in iTunes, and playing videos that way is not at all useful. And browsing through documents seeing only the small icon. Nice… :)

Guys, I blanked out when it came to ideas for the next poll. Hence the crappy one. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Arya, U got the world's best touchscreen phone, the best browser in a phone, unlimited net connection & yet U can't reply to digit forum.. .

what happened to your Mac?

^^
Typing on Phones,Mobile phones or Smart phones is pain!

BTW now I realise that transmission is awesome!I am getting speeds of over 250kBps but tell me how to improve my seed ratio.Is there anything like GT for Mac?Superseeded torrents don't accept seeding.UL speed goes max to 10kBps and I don't wanna get banned:(

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
> iPhone 3G Availability: Vodafone to have a 15 day launch advantage (available August '08 through Vodafone, and late Aug/September '08 through Airtel)

> Model: Initially, the 8GB version only

> Price: Rs. 11,500 to Rs. 12,000 (note: U.S. price of the 8GB iPhone 3G is $199)

> Applications: App Store will be available

> App prices: Application prices may see a revision to suit Indian market

> 3G: No fixed date for 3G availability; expected sometime later this year

> GPS: Present on the Indian version as well

> Grey-market availability: Almost nowhere to be seen. One store expects to sell it next week at Rs. 50,000

From TechTree

I burst out laughing when I read 'GPS: Present on the Indian version as well'. Did the author think Apple was going to remove the chip, or possibly manufacture a separate unit for India?

And with iTunes Store India already launched, I doubt there will be any price revisions for the Apps. Who's the author kidding?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Typing on Phones,Mobile phones or Smart phones is pain!
Not for me. I type like a pro on the iPhone and enjoy doing it. The problem is the small cache memory on the iPhone which doesn’t allow you to browse more than one page at a time. Also, the fact that you cannot copy and paste, and therefore cannot quote multiple people, is also a problem.

goobimama

 Macboy
Typing is much more fun/fast with a normal / QWERTY keypad.
While that may be, the iPhone keyboard is much faster than any other mobile keyboard/pad out there. Sure there are those guiness world record holders who can type like chimps on a T9 keypad, but otherwise, the iPhone keyboard rocks! Note that it would not rock if the auto-correct feature were to be absent. Hence it sucks while typing something like a password or typing some hindi.

Guys help me out with Time Capsule:
1.Should I create a wireless network connecting to one on the AP's which ate up 50kBps of my Bandwidth I tried last time?
2.Should I replace my current WiFi router with Time Capsule?
3.Should I extend my existing network with Time Capsule?Will I be able to change passwords and radio frequency from TC itself?
4.Should I make TC join my existing network wirelessly?
5.Should I make way for it to garbage bin?

Top Bottom