The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
Can you guys tell me any good bluetooth headsets?

I deleted all my previous backups and now I wanna backup again.The first backup through WiFi is a pain.I want to do the initial backup through ethernet cable but OS X does not recogonise TC when I turn Airport off and connect it through ethernet.Help?

Last edited:

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
if u can spend 4800 - Plantronics Discovery 925 Ftw
Me and arya got it just today but he'll be getting it first so i expect him to write a review :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ coz i ordered a korg chromatic guitar tuner too which has not arrived yet.and i'm ordering a few more things today.so i've asked him to ship everythin together.
U will get urs within a day or two.it was sent yesterday via dtdc air

goobimama

 Macboy
Knock Knock!:)
Apple KB said:
If you have an Ethernet cable, your could do your first backup via Ethernet; this will allow for the fastest initial backup. Simply plug the Ethernet cable into one of Time Capsule's Ethernet ports and the other into your Mac's Ethernet port.

Have you changed your network settings on either the TC or the Mac? I would suggest you make your Mac's ethernet connect via DHCP, and reset the TC to its default settings. But then again, I haven't used a TC so I can't really say.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What you suggested was right. If you can’t get the Time Capsule working, just reset it. I hope you know how to do that.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
How much does the Time Capsule cost? Are there any more choices for Time Machine? Can the Time Capsule work like a hard drive? Is it easy to use? Are there any problems any of you experienced? Whew!
Thanks in advance
-----------
I think the 2.0 software is not sluggish at all! It's working like elves working on presents for Christmas!

Can we have another poll? I'm bored already :D:D:D:D

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
How much does the Time Capsule cost?
500GB: Rs. 15,880
1TB: Rs. 25,875

Please don’t ask for the prices here. Just visit apple.co.in/store and add 4% to the retail prices listed there. :)

Are there any more choices for Time Machine?
You can use any external hard disk drive with Time Machine. Time Capsule just makes it wireless and more reliable.

Can the Time Capsule work like a hard drive?
Yes, it can and does.

Is it easy to use?
You do realise that it’s an accessory for Macs made by Apple, right?

Are there any problems any of you experienced?
Well, I’d expected the range to be much better but apart from that, no, none.

Thanks in advance
You’re welcome. :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I got Super Monkey Ball, man. It’s up and running like a charm. And boy is it difficult! :D

----------------------------

Guys, you’ve got to check out midomi. It’s free and it recognises songs that you sing to it. Even Hindi. It’s just mind-blowing. The quality of iPhone applications is freaking me out! :D

Last edited:

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
@Aayush
Is midomi free or do you need to pay?
-----
I think they should start making IM apps for the SDK system. I don't think many people use AIM, but thank god it was free! :D
---------
I remember on the SDK introduction, there was a game about flyers and shooting down space enemies. It used the accelerometer to move and tap to shoot. It was showed but did it ever come out?

goobimama

 Macboy
@Cooldudie: You have iTunes right? Just hit it once in a while. Not saying your questions are bothering us or anything, just that its right there in iTunes whether the app is free, green or stinky.

And yeah, we need a proper IM app. I'm guessing Adium and Google will bring something to the table, along with Yahoo. I don't see MSN poking its head in...

That space game was only to demo the SDK to the developers and not intended to be a real game. But boy would it be awesome if someone were to create that game.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
When Aayush mentioned about midomi, the 9th word yelled out 'FREE'. Wait, it is still doing that. Huh, what's my point here? Ehh... I need some rest.

goobimama

 Macboy
Super Monkey Ball. Hmm. Not bad for a game, but I don't see what the fuss is about. And yeah, really difficult to control, although I seem to have gotten the hang of it. Gotta love the music though! :)

Top Bottom