The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
And from what I hear, 10k off on the MBP...

Well the goa apple store reports 5k off the original 60k for the low end macbook. With special discount I should get it for 53k. Not too bad.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Guess this actress
( Some artwork from mu iPhone :D )

*img.skitch.com/20080311-gaexqb9e8fg8mn8x357f3x32fh.jpg

I love how you can play with the photos with just a simple touch of the finger :D

Can't guess, ehh ?
Here's the original

can anyone tell me whats the cheapest mac I can buy(obviously second hand) that has the ability to run leopard along with the latest versions(2008) OF iWork, iLife, Final Cut Studio Pro and iComic Life ? Can it come within 10k ?

PS: still concidering PC upgrade options for may 31st this year.

goobimama

 Macboy
Yeah. It was done using Corel Painter X. I of course referenced with the original image. Not an image filter though :)

^^^ Are you crazy?! 10k?! With the ability to run Final Cut Studio, I don't think so. There's an iMac G4 for sale though, will cost 19k including 17" monitor I think (could be 19"). Price may have come down. But you won't get current generation performance from that machine.

Yeah. It was done using Corel Painter X. I of course referenced with the original image. Not an image filter though :)

^^^ Are you crazy?! 10k?! With the ability to run Final Cut Studio, I don't think so. There's an iMac G4 for sale though, will cost 19k including 17" monitor I think (could be 19"). Price may have come down. But you won't get current generation performance from that machine.
ok, concidering the fact that I have other apps instead of Final Cut Studio, lets remove it from the list.
what about a Mac Mini G4 ? Shouldn't it be much cheaper than an iMac G4 ?

goobimama

 Macboy
You seriously want? I could ask my apple dealers. But I'm sure it won't be 10k. Recently one guy sold a G4 1.33Ghz mac mini for 14k. The iMac G4 I'm talking about is quite old. 1Ghz or something.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
can anyone tell me whats the cheapest mac I can buy(obviously second hand) that has the ability to run leopard along with the latest versions(2008) OF iWork, iLife, Final Cut Studio Pro and iComic Life ? Can it come within 10k ?

PS: still concidering PC upgrade options for may 31st this year.
Darky's Mac Mini is current gen and up for sale. But I don't think you'll get a current gen Mac for anything less than 21-23k.

You seriously want? I could ask my apple dealers. But I'm sure it won't be 10k. Recently one guy sold a G4 1.33Ghz mac mini for 14k. The iMac G4 I'm talking about is quite old. 1Ghz or something.
ewww... 1GHz ? Forget it...

I am on a budget of 10K, and thought I *might* just attempt to get a mac. But I am getting no leads so far.

I am hoping I don't end up having to install Mac in Parallels or get myself a iHac:(

yash

I draw every day
hey guys, does anyone know where can I get good quality (not like the ones on youtube) video of the first ever ipod launch by steve jobs? my friend who's in marketing is doing an assignment on the ipod and he could use that as reference.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
ipod launch ??? There is ipod touch guided tour on apple.com . Did you mean the first ever launch of iPod to the world ?? In that case you might be unlucky!!

yash

I draw every day
yes, the one from 2001. I have seen those on youtube... I am just trying to find a original uncompressed mov.
btw, fsj refers to a 'vivek bhenchod' in his latest blog post. QUICK! EVERYONE GET OFFENDED!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Did you have to post that slang out here? :eww:

As for that video, well, I don't think you'll find it any better quality.

I am on a budget of 10K, and thought I *might* just attempt to get a mac. But I am getting no leads so far.
Which isn't a surprise at all. You won't get a Mac for anything less than Rs. 15,000, and even that would be a pretty crappy one.

Sorry!

Last edited:
Top Bottom