The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
MacBook Pro retails for only Rs. 80,000 now? :eek: Where did you hear that?

(I'm pretty sure it can't be Rs. 8,000! :p)
Read properly what I wrote. :p They've reduced Rs 8k. It was retailing for Rs 105k before.
Edit: Ohhh, I thought your post was directed towards what I wrote. It retails from Rs 97,500. No changes on MacBook/Air though.

rayraven -
Quick Preview is enabled by default. You can look into .zip, folders, .pkbp (installation files; .exe equivalent of Windows), .mp3, .avi/.mov and such more cool things. Cover Flow + Quick Look is ultimate productive bliss.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If that was good, check this out:
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/6324/iphoto08jc0.png
Pretty neat, huh? :p

The whole iLife suite, which includes GarageBand, iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto and iWeb, is free with every Mac.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
^Yeah , thats pretty neat too, but well Picasa offers most of the functionality there.
I loved the quick look idea coz its simple and adds quite a lot of functionality to the file manager.

Btw, You guys always get popup windows in semi-transparent black?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Those are called bezels. They're used in OS X for stuff that is supposed to appear for a moment or two, do its job and get out of the way.

The equivalent of dialog boxes on Windows is sheets on Mac OS X, not these bezels. This is what a sheet looks like:
*img141.imageshack.us/img141/7584/thisiswhatasheetlookslisl1.png
I hit Command-S, the sheet slid out of the toolbar and then I clicked on the drop down menu to change the format to something else, like PNG.

drgrudge

Started using Hazel and it's cool.

Using to move .torrent files from Desktop to other location and for managing trash. Note that you can remove the preference files for the Apps; not just remove them.

*img.skitch.com/20080313-qjr85bff6h5p5kteskgbfk1tfc.jpg

*img.skitch.com/20080313-tfn2stty1qh7dp4mq4qfhdsc1q.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I wouldn't set it to delete files in the Trash after one hour. That's dangerous.

Do you use Time Machine?

drgrudge

^^
Why so? I was thinking why they didn't have the "delete instantaneously" option. :p

I don't use Time Machine as well.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, I've been saved by the Trash many times. Maybe you should use the second option of keeping the Trash size under 1GB instead of the first one...

dinesh72

Journeyman
MBP base model is only 80000 rs in london airport and just a bit higher in dubai airport. I will save 17000 rs over india price. i am going to buy it on 24 march, desparate to have my hands on what you guys are already enjoying.

drgrudge

^^
Very good deal. Cheaper than what you get in the USA (remember $2000 is without tax)!

Now Dubai price (Dhs 8,700/Rs 96k) is same as what we get in India. Also who wants the Arabic keyboard.

goobimama

 Macboy
@Dr: Did you ever check out the videos of Coda? They have a couple of them in the support page. I actually sent Panic a wishlist and next thing I know some of those are already included in Coda.

Life is a race, God is your rider. So if you are in pain, think God wants you to win.
Don't tell me he wants all of his other 'children' to lose. Cause that's the only reasonable explanation.

Last edited:

drgrudge

I'm an optimist. You can think God wants me to win or lose. I choose to believe that God wants me to win and rock my life (not in the other sense). :D

That website sucks. QT embedded thing didn't work. Any other place, where I can get them? By the way, thanks for letting me know about the videos. I learnt Aperture that way. :p

goobimama

 Macboy
The trick is, to hit the "Play" button and then just wait a minute till it loads completely. Don't scroll or change tabs. Those Aperture videos sure are nice :)

Top Bottom