The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Another one of my small time guides. This time I was chilling on some grapes!

Things you can do with Quicktime Pro:

1: Rotate video: Movies shot in portrait mode look great while filming them but look awful once they are on the PC. How does one rotate? Quicktime Pro. Just open the video, hit Command+J and select the video track at the top. Then just hit the rotate buttons and you're done! No need for rendering and all that.

2: Add your watermark. Just create a Jpeg with whatever watermark you want. Black, will reveal, and white will block. So if you want video playing in a text "Goobi", just type out Goobi in photoshop in black and save it. Just remember the video crops to the black edges, so it's best to add a 1 px stroke to the outline of the image.

3: Extract audio from a video: Again, in movie properties, select the soundtrack, and hit Extract. Then save that.

4: Add chapters to a movie: There's a nice little guide prepared by apple. Just search for "creating chapters" in the help. You then get a nice little drop down list to select your chapters. Useful for music concerts and such.

5: Add audio to track: Open your video track. Then open your audio track. Do a command+A, and then Command+C to copy the audio track. Highlight the video track and hit Edit > Add to Movie. Add to movie and Scale makes your audio fit the video by slowing it down. You can do it the other way as well, that is, add video to the audio track.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Darky today almost bought an iPhone. 22K. Not bad for the device. But I don't think I'm gonna but it anytime soon now. Dad just pissed me off today. To the core.

goobimama

 Macboy
Getting a little tired of Time Machine. Nothing to restore other than small time petty files. I need a hard drive crash!!! Or at least delete some important file so I can recover it. They may say you are luckiest when you don't have to use insurance, but I feel a little cheated here...

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Time Machine although a great feature is of little help for me. I think I may never use TM till I get a job where 1 missing file means I am fired!!!

I have a Torrent folder on my dock (Stack) where I put all my to be downloaded .torrent files. Now whenever I download .torrent file it automatically is downloaded to downloads folder. I wanna make sure that that every .torrent file I download automatically goes to Torrents folder. How can I accomplish this through Workflow, folder action or applescript etc ...

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Hazel. That's the app for moving around your files automatically. It can also be done with applescript and all, but Hazel would be a better option for you.

Sorry guyz i told u that i wud get a macbook pro in jan but cudnt:(
Initially my dad was not willing to buy it coz a computer guyz(oh that fugger)told my dad that Windows wont ru no na Mac.grrrrr..........Then when i conviced him he lacked tiem due to officce work.In aa week or 2 he will be free for 2-3 days.Can anybody tell me where to buy a MBP from in Delhi?
Thank you

Sunny

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
jamesbond007 -

File Action (*www.tomhancocks.com/?p=63) also does the same as Hazel and it's a freeware.

*www.lifehacker.com/assets/resources/2007/12/fileactions.png

@ Sunny1211993 -
Search this thread. Aayush as posted the info you wanted.

Ok, did some searching for sunny, and fished it out:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=697108&postcount=2645
Call RSG Infotech at any of these numbers: 40542109/10/11/12.

Ask for Mr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma. You can also call him directly at 9310196603. Tell him that Aayush Arya has asked you to call him, the guy who bought the 17-inch MacBook Pro and the 250GB LaCie hard drive. They'll give you good prices.

@goobi -
Check this out: *thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=699253&postcount=2720
:D :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Suspicious Package, the QL plugin for examining Installer packages, has been updated to version 1.1.

This version adds mpkg support, fixes problems where install locations were not always displayed, and adds more information about the package — including administrator password and restart requirements, and what install scripts it contains.

*www.quicklookplugins.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/suspiciouspackage.jpg

Seems to be much more useful. For those who love quicklook :)

drgrudge

Congo dude! How much did it cost?

Waiting for a review. Is this hold true: "You'll never go back to phones after using the iPhone" as in "You'll never go back to PC after using a Mac"?

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
hey guys......do u know watz d salary of Steve Jobs???

errrr.........its $1 :shock: !!!!!!

source:*www.news.com/2100-1047_3-6049166.html

:grin::grin::))

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Congo dude! How much did it cost?

Waiting for a review. Is this hold true: "You'll never go back to phones after using the iPhone" as in "You'll never go back to PC after using a Mac"?

It costed me 21K man.
And it totally holds true. This thing is sleek. As I was telling goobi over iChat, this is the best device I have ever owned. It's like "OMG!!! The interface ownezzz. It's teh shizzle"

I'm yet to really start playing with it though. There's a lot to learn ahead, you know.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I didn't know what you meant when I read your earlier post. In retrospect, I realise how stupid I was. :p

Congratulations, man! :D

(See you after one year when your phone conks out and no one fixes it for you while I happily use my genuine iPhone v2.0.)

Ignore me, I'm just jealous. :p

-----------------

hey guys......do u know watz d salary of Steve Jobs???

errrr.........its $1 :shock: !!!!!!

source:*www.news.com/2100-1047_3-6049166.html

:grin::grin::))
Hello, Mr. Newbie! :)

Every single individual who's ever posted in this thread is aware of that little bit of tidbit. :)

Last edited:

drgrudge

Pro-Portable: A Review of the New MacBook Pro - Shawn Blanc amazing review of MBP. A must read!

Some points:

1. Better battery than my generation of MBP! Mine easily manages 4 hours (that too not in “Better Performance” mode). He says he can mange 5 hours if some tweaks. 5 hours!

2. The new Penryn processor weaving it's magic. No more frying eggs. Seriously this is the only thing I'm unhappy abt my MBP.

3. “Hey, is that Apple’s newest laptop?”

“No. It’s my 4 year old PowerBook.”

That's good news for me. I wish to have my MBP for atleast 30 months before upgrading.

4. A higher pixel per inch density than my 23″ ACD is (114 PPI for the MacBook Pro versus 98 PPI for the Cinema Display). Advantages of a higher density screen is font-rendering — especially on the Web. If you like to read on the web, the MacBook Pro makes great companion. - I knew my Mac renders sites well, but this was unknown to me. And needless to say, the LCD is amazing.

5. Multi Touch is amazing.

6. Finally, MBP is as fast as the Mac Pro - atleast for common tasks. When you benchmark, you see the difference but when you do the stuff it hardly ever matters.

7. When reading on the Apple website I just noticed they refer to the computer as MacBook Pro, not the MacBook Pro. Like iPhone.

I'm so happy with my MBP, I don't think I'll ever want to buy MacBook or MBA. MacBook at $1100 does seem a VFM buy than MBP.

Top Bottom