The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
ray, notice the. Attention for detail. :p

By the way, we've many How I Met your Mother fans in here. Noticed 2 things...the lappy that you see is the MBP (with the world thing replacing the Apple logo) and in the S3 E6 Barney uses an Apple iPhone not his Smartphone (Motorola?).

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This page wasn't always there was it?
Yeah, not forever, but since January 29. You gotta pay attention. :)

Awesome tips about QuickTime on the other page, man. Those posts are the sort that make the search within thread tool be of some use. :D

@drgrudge,
That's because the iPhone is their only product in that specific category. The MacBook Pro itself comes in two models and is already a subset of the MacBook range. It does not make sense to call it the MacBook Pro.

Plus, seriously, the iPhone is a much bigger deal than the MacBook Pro. It's an entirely new platform (destined for extreme success).

I am a Shawn Blanc subscriber too. I'll get to his review later. Gotta author an article on TV shows for this stupid guy I know right now. The pest is bugging me about it since more than one week. :p

drgrudge

^^
I didn't notice the deal on the. Lifted from Shawn Blanc's review. :p

And MBP is big deal for me. When I lay my hands on iPhone, then I can account for a fair deal. :twisted:

drgrudge

Aperture 2.0: the Ars Technica review - Must Read.

A assignment for you guys. I've a shot, which needs processing. But it's a challenge to something nice. Use Aperture/Lightroom and post back the processed image.

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/4884/hpim2049my7.th.jpg

Full image: *img510.imageshack.us/img510/4884/hpim2049my7.jpg

Would love to see how it can be made better.

yash

I draw every day
duh... jpegs can only be processed so much. If it was a raw image, lightroom/aperture could make a HUGE difference.

drgrudge

^^
Yeah I know, don't have a dSLR. That photo is not processed. Just try and see if you can process it.

goobimama

 Macboy
When you shoot in RAW, the camera stores the RAW file without any processing. It is the actual pixels captured by the sensor. Now when you shoot with a normal digital camera, it automatically applies it's lighting, sharpness and other filters. This is done so that the average consumer doesn't have to do all that by himself. But there's a noticeable quality loss due to JPEG compression as well as the camera many times not being able to judge how the image is supposed to look. That's why RAW rocks.

drgrudge

DARK LORD -
RAW is explained by goobi. But why that photo need processing? See the teeth and parts of his forehead, it's bright. That's because, it's a close up shot taken with flash.

RAW also looks like the jpegs but without the correction(s) done internally by the cam (red eye reduction, lighting in different conditions, etc).

goobi -
Try to process and see. I also noted that long exposure shots and the ones taken in high ISO (ISO 400 and above) are difficult to process.

goobimama

 Macboy
A little google search brings me to this one:
*photo.klein-jensen.dk/public/challenge/IMG_6153.CR2

Not even sure what it looks like cause it's 7.2MB and my internet can't support such large file sizes. It should open in Photoshop, Aperture or Lightroom..

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Good evening,

This is a special bulletin from your very own Apple India correspondent, Preshit.
We have confirmed information that the refreshed MacBooks have arrived in India, and they have brought along a little surprise.

The MacBooks are now available with a refreshed pricetag. The entry-level MacBook with a combo-drive now costs Rs. 49,500 only.
The 2nd model in the MacBook lineup now costs Rs. 59,500 , while the Black MacBook now costs Rs. 68,xxx
( 4% VAT additional, as applicable )

I'll be reporting in with any updates as I receive them.

( Btw, I find it funny to know that the Black MacBook comes with a white powercord )

drgrudge

Seems that darky is going to do his iPhone with the iSight cam of his MacBook. :lol:

goobi -
No, it's not. :p 4% VAT extra, that'll bring the amount it was before. :p

Top Bottom