The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@Dr: Nice little misleading title you got there. $15 a month is not too bad though. ;)
Did you see that his MBA is thiner than his note/books. :D

Can you dig into the How to Buy anything article. I can't think of a proper search keyword to search the thread and it's tedious to delve into this 217 page monster.

I need a huge motivational boost to buy both Canon Rebel XTi and the iPhone. :(

My Apple Caegory in Google Reader. :D

*img.skitch.com/20080307-prap83phtamdw18h7c1x2bm55p.jpg

Other than that , Stammy blog is other category. I read TUAW directly from the site, when I feel bored.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
*www.kenrockwell.com/tech/how-to-afford-anything.htm

TUAW: 60 "iStores" will open across India

There's a huge push in India right now by Reliance Digital to open 60 iStores across the nation's top twenty cities. The iStores will sell Apple products exclusively, and carry the full line, from consumer products to pro hardware.

Expect to see all sixty stores up and running within the next 18 months. We wonder how the interior design will look, and if it will resemble official Apple Stores.

If you visit one of these stores, please let us know! We'll be happy to share your photos and stories.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
:oops: top 20 cities?who said only city dwellers only buy macs?I have seen my friend who is in a remote hillside town near kottayam using MBP(he has to get it from US though),also are lot of mac pro users!

I feel still Macs will be gulf import property for us here in kerala :-| rather than buying them from crappy service of kochin dealer lasergraphics :oops:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Dude. There's something called profit in this world. Reliance isn't going to open an iStore in Kaamungapadapuram just cause there's one idiot who discovered the joys of using a mac. I for one consider myself really lucky there's an Apple store in Goa...

drgrudge

What an coincidence! I wrote this article in my Blog:

Where to buy Apple Products and Get Discounts from Apple Store?

Want feedback on what I wrote...

yash

I draw every day
they also mentioned reliance will launch 150 online stores...

WTF? why do they need so many online stores? can't one online store be accessed from all over india?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
My NetNewsWire has only 3 categories.

1. Mobiles ( For IndiaGSM )
2. Friends ( Duh )
3. Other blogs I read ( Includes any type that doesn't fall in the categories above, including MacUser :) )

See file attached ( Remove the .doc extension )

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
they also mentioned reliance will launch 150 online stores...

WTF? why do they need so many online stores? can't one online store be accessed from all over india?
It's 150 digital stores, not online stores.

@Preshit and Azeem, I need a good picture of an iStore for MacUser. Can someone please help me out here? (If you upload it to Flickr or something, I'll also link it from MacUser which will bring you at least one thousand views. :))

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The digital stores are brick-and-mortar retail stores that will carry all sorts of tech related products from a variety of companies. The iStores will exclusively carry Apple products. There are no online stores planned. :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Me ? The only iStore is know is in Bangalore. And I have no plans of going there till atleast my friends invite me.
I'll try to contact someone about it.

drgrudge

Hope that drives the point home. :(
I read the stuffs that you post here (I mean that you wrote for MacUser), but not a regular subscriber.

I like to read about articles, reviews and stuffs like that. Not news. Thats why no TUAW, Engadget, Gizmodo, etc...

goobimama

 Macboy
Just a small list I compiled while having some raw mangoes with salt and masala. I hope at least one of them is not known by at least one of you :)

Things you can do with ⌘Command:

Move a window in background: ⌘+drag the window title bar to drag it without giving that app focus. You can also resize, and activate buttons like Play or "refresh" and such.

Finder Pill: ⌘+Click the finder pill (top right) to get different icon sizes. ⌘+Option click it to get the customise toolbar dialog.

⌘+drag buttons on the toolbar in a Cocoa application like Finder, Safari, Coda.

⌘+Click stuff in the dock to select it in Finder.

⌘+drag stuff between drives to move stuff. Option drag files within the same disk to copy stuff.

⌘+Click the title bar of most windows (like this textedit window for instance) to get a drop down file structure of your current file. Very nice when you use the "Recent Files" option and don't know where the file is residing in. Also, ⌘+Click Safari title bar will show you your history for that particular tab. You know, instead of holding down the "Back" button...

drgrudge

Seriously cool, goobi. That Safari Tip was good.

By the way, my RSS reading list. ~100 blogs in 13 Categories. Attached, for any curious George.

P.S: Didn't know even one of the tip. :))

goobimama

 Macboy
Thanks! Btw, you do know that the icon in the title bar is a live proxy icon right? As in, if you are working on an image in Preview, to open it in photoshop, just drag the icon from the title bar to photoshop in the dock. To copy it to your desktop, just drag it there (use Option/Command to toggle creating alias or Move the file).

*img.skitch.com/20080307-xi7u8wqphyrkxetk7cws4r4kd1.jpg

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@arya
The point to note here is that I live in Nalgonda around 100 km from Hyderabad, so it depends when I go to hyderabad!!. Coming to those views, I don't socialize online so if I get those pics I ll directly send it to your yahoo mail and you could do what ever you like!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, I need them by today so I guess you won't be much help. Thanks anyway! :)

so those 150 stores don't really matter, because they will not keep apple stuff, right?
Yeah, which is precisely why TUAW didn't mention them. :)

Top Bottom