The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Lighten up, dude. It's the satirical blog of a fake CEO. :lol:

Visit MacUser after one hour. You'll see an article that you should definitely read. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/c3f4a387a0.jpg
Didn't notice this. The Connect to server option will come in handy while troubleshooting mac n00b problems...

praka123

left this forum longback
he/she is bashing FOSS and Linux than Microsoft Monopoly,DRM,Patents and what not.that FSJ is the representative of whole apple,m$,RIAA,MPAA,patents for software fag!ots!.I though FSJ's writing was something interesting!instead,courteousness to the master el jobso,this demon is bashing Linux and Open Source and he is asking,with GPL how can a programmer survive?well,point him to redhat subscription model for an example or *follars.com
also OS X being a BSD fork after becoming proprietary,have lot of bugs to iron out!
...reg FSJ:
I found a "knowledged" mac user's blog posting FUDs against all community operated services!and he loves window$ too!whaow!Now i knew that M$ is Heaven when compared to Apple and Jobs!
am sorry M$ boys!apple boys are really scary! :(
I cannot get the satires :x that FSJ is indeed pointing to what apple ultimately wants to, after porting to x-86 architecture-Desktop users!
I predicts with macintel's jobs is on the way to market OS X in volume licenses following Bill gate the marketing genius! and also to monopolize every thing which depends upon OS X :downarrow: :thumbsdown:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@praka123,
He makes fun of any story where there is the potential to make it funny. He says something on one day and then says something completely contrary to that the next day. He bashes Apple more than he does any other company. But we all still enjoy it.

Because we take it for what it is - a humour column. No matter what he says, anything at all, it's all in good fun. He does not represent any particular person's opinion. He is a faceless identity. So stop being stuck up about a stupid blog and enjoy life. Loosen up. :)

Do we suffer from a humor deficit? A tongue-in-cheek analysis of the “FSJ Shutdown Drama”.

A couple of months ago, David Pogue - New York Times technology columnist and CBS news correspondent - had posted an entry on his blog worrying that among the other crises we are suffering from in today’s world, we might also be suffering from a widespread lack of a sense of humor. He gives several examples to prove his point, all of which have the same basic premise - he writes a sarcastic post or article and most of the commenters don’t get the joke and start flaming him.

After having read several posts from various authors on digg and various other websites about Fake Steve Jobs being threatened by Apple, most of which were seriously pondering what would happen if Apple shut down FSJ, I suddenly remembered this post from Mr. Pogue that I’d read a few months ago. I had laughed it off at that time, telling myself that though he was partly correct, most people probably did have a reasonably good sense of humor and did not fall for such jokes. This FSJ saga, however, is beginning to change my opinion. Read more...

[Via MacUser]

@praka123, this is the entry I was talking about. :)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Dude, did you see that post about the lawyer trying to buy him off for half a million. Shame on Apple for stooping so low. Horrible I say.(if it is true, that is. I'm not a thorough follower of FSJ so I'm not sure whether that is a joke as well, though it sure doesn't sound like one)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
goobimama said:
Laughing out loud! They can't force you to buy anything mate! Anyway, at least the Goa apple store was really pleasant when I didn't buy even a single thing.... made at least five visits before I decided to go for the iBook.
I want to try out the new iPod Touch and Leopard. Do they allow you to hear the iPods. Most shops don't allow you to listen to the mp3 players.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
You can try out Leopard most definitely at all the Apple Stores without any problem. In fact, some of them just had seminars a few days back.

iPod touch too, you can try without anyone bothering, but at stores such as Croma, they'll tell you that others are waiting too.

Just visit the Imagine store. You won't have problems :)
Where in Mumbai are you ?

Does anyone have any idea when the Apple India catalogue store will be up ?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
^^ Dude, did you see that post about the lawyer trying to buy him off for half a million. Shame on Apple for stooping so low. Horrible I say.(if it is true, that is. I'm not a thorough follower of FSJ so I'm not sure whether that is a joke as well, though it sure doesn't sound like one)
"It was a joke, dude."

DARK LORD said:
Does anyone have any idea when the Apple India catalogue store will be up ?
Nope.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hmm... still. Usually FSJ talks in the voice of Steve Jobs. But in that post he talks in the voice of whoever-he-is. And it's not like RSJ is going to admit, 'yeah, we are scaring the little fellow'.

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay I'm terribly confused. Don't know what's going on. So here's what I'll do. I'll buy myself a pink lollypop, and trot along the footpath like a 11 year old bearded lady....

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't think the forum admins will allow for such disturbing content to be posted... this thread has been locked before, I don't think they'll give us a third chance...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Ohh gosh, no. It's Version 6.2 (6.2.0). Downloading the new version. Let me see how it goes about. Thanks to let me know.

When I try to update it says: "You are currently running the latest version of CrossOver."

Top Bottom