The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@varunprabhakar

Your best choice will be to wait till its launched in India which is not a long wait. On the other side you can get iPhone from US and get it unlocked with some help from google!! Some people have had a success with unlocking and who knows you might get lucky as well!!
Me waiting for iPhone tooooo....

goobimama

 Macboy
Unlocking an iPhone is not a big deal. Thing is, even when the iPhone is officially launched in India, it will cost at least 23k. While an iPhone imported from the US will cost 16k ($400).

Okay. Darky. I need your help. Can you find out the price of an iPod Touch in Mumbai? Of course, with warranty. I don't feel like getting it from somewhere like Indiaplaza (even though the guy emailed me and said they will give warranty).

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
@goobi:
The iPod touch, in Mumbai, in the usual good stores, costs between 16500 - 17500. Apple store has it for 17500 too.

And true, iPhones that are factory manufactures with 1.1.2 cannot be unlocked yet.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
there are methods to downgrade the firmware if im not wrong :?: not sure whether it is applicable to pre-loaded 1.1.2

yash

I draw every day
iMav said:
Something i came across so thought of sharin:

LiquidCD offers full-featured disc burning for Macs

full featured? does it have multisession disc burning support?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@goobimama,
It is the same Mail.app.

@everyone,
The latest iPhones, the ones that come pre-loaded with v1.1.2, cannot be unlocked but can be jailbroken. :)

@yash,
Use BurnAgain DVD. It supports multisession DVDs. :)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep afaik the already unlocked ones can be updated to 1.1.2 but the Ones wich come wit 1.1.2 cant be unlocked yet..
But trust the iPHONE DEV TEAM to come up with something soon

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay. So I will not have many problems if I get a 1.1.2 iPod Touch right?

BurnagainDVD: Supports multi-session DVD-RW burning, and not DVD-R. Toast (and Disk Utility) can burn multi-session CDs, but not DVDs. I'm not sure about Disk Utility being able to burn multisession DVDs though...should be possible..

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Mine deleted tooo!!!
It was meant for goobi, I had pasted a link from lifehacker regarding iPhone Unlocking.

Queries:

1) Keyboard shortcut for moving back and forth in Finder, I find it quiet irritating to move the cursor on back arrow everytime I want to move upwards in a folder!!

2) We all know there is coverflow in Tiger as well, atleast in iTunes. So now I have my hindi songs collection and I have downloaded posters for those films, I'd like to know how can I add them to iTunes so that they are visible in CoverFlow.

Congrats to me as this being my 200th post, if it weren't for this thread, I'd have taken another year to reach this milestone!!! LOL

yash

I draw every day
hehe. congrats. and the easy way to add album covers is to drag and drop it into the small box in the bottom right when the song is playing.

goobimama

 Macboy
Finder: Back/forwards is Command+[ or ]. Of course you can change this in the Keyboard shortcuts preference pane.
Up/Down one level is Command+up arrow or down arrow. So to reach the top level, keep pressing command+up. and to reach the down arrow and ultimately, open a file, command+down arrow.

goobimama

 Macboy
As for adding stuff to iTunes, here's a little guide you might have missed out:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=692026&postcount=2496

Once you get the media into iTunes, just copy paste (or drag and drop) the album cover into the Album art box at the lower left. You might have to still do a get info on the movie, then navigate to the album art tab, and delete the thumbnail that is generated by iTunes.

@jamesbond: did you get my PM?

Top Bottom