The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
First of all I don't think the iLife 06 apps are compatible with Leopard. To install iLife 08 from a pre-leopard Mac you need to insert Install Disc 2 for "Additional software".

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
"To install Mac OS X and the applications that came with your computer, use the Mac OS X Install Disc 1. Double-click "Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software" and follow the onscreen instructions."

And doing that does not give you the option to install iLife. All it does is gives you a 'Restart' button to restart and start the Tiger installation. Any other ideas? :(

goobimama

 Macboy
Did you try the disc 2? That's where I installed some extra applications 'back when' I was using Tiger...

Btw, I still can't figure out that post by that Applematters dude. What's he trying to say? That Applematters was not hacked? Cause it is pretty much obvious that it was.

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Though i hate apple.. I never hate mac fans personally.. i may fight in the forum with them... still they are my friends outside...

Congrats Arya !!!!!

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
ok fellas, its time for party.. i just called genius bar cheif and said him to arrange few chairs with clean table... its time to party :D

*macsparky.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/genius-bar.jpg

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
hey arya how much is pay ??
congratulations code

Code:
[B]if[/B](PAY==LESS) 
   {
    [B]print[/B] then go die of money

// Complex Real Time Error 

exit(101)
   }
[B]else [/B]
   {
    [B]print[/B] Congrats Aryayush
   }

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^its not really about the pay guys you don't understand it,he will have millions as his readers and he is being provided a stage for circulating his thoughts to the masses.Of course he will be paid but it doesn't matter as much :).I know I would do it even free of cost anyday.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^its not really about the pay guys you don't understand it,he will have millions as his readers and he is being provided a stage for circulating his thoughts to the masses.Of course he will be paid but it doesn't matter as much :).I know I would do it even free of cost anyday.
I was also asked the same question when I started writing for RLSLOG. This is supposed to be a launch pad and getting exposure. :) $$ is just the icing on the cake.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Oh WOW! Thanks to jamesbond007, ravraven, Gigacore, narangz and a_k_s_h_a_y! Thanks to all of you! I'm overwhelmed. :)

rayraven said:
Do they pay u? ;)
Yes, they do but it is pretty negligible. About Rs. 500 per article. That's nothing. But The_Devil_Himself is right. I'm doing it for the exposure. Thousands of people will be reading the stuff I write. People in the Mac community will start knowing the name Aayush Arya. :D

goobimama said:
Did you try the disc 2? That's where I installed some extra applications 'back when' I was using Tiger...
Yes, I did. That's when I got this error: "To install Mac OS X and the applications that came with your computer, use the Mac OS X Install Disc 1. Double-click "Install Mac OS X and Bundled Software" and follow the onscreen instructions."

goobimama said:
Btw, I still can't figure out that post by that Applematters dude. What's he trying to say? That Applematters was not hacked? Cause it is pretty much obvious that it was.
That's what I'm saying. His post did not make any sense at all. :confused:

goobimama

 Macboy
Woohoo! Quick Look EPS plugin! This is a godsend.

*hiderefer.com/?*www.eternalstorms.at/utilities/epsqlplg/

Also, Quick look FLV plugin: *hiderefer.com/?*homepage.mac.com/xdd/software/flv/download/flv_qlg01.zip
(need to have Perian installed)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Congrats boy. Now pay attention to writing unbiased articles & accept the flaws of Apple too. Leaving the smug attitude will sure help u further

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
boom ...

I used the original Boot Camp beta last year just to see it work. I applied the subsequent updates, but haven't tinkered with it since.

Today, I received an email from Apple that reads, in part:

"...With the introduction of Leopard, the Boot Camp Beta program has ended. The Boot Camp Beta software will expire on December 31, and Apple won't offer further updates of Boot Camp Beta for Mac OS X Tiger."

There's your warning, Tiger users. The Boot Camp beta expires December 31st. Upgrade to Leopard or run unsupported. You don't want that, of course. Windows needs all the support it can get.

Courtesy TUAW

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! :D

gx_saurav said:
Congrats boy. Now pay attention to writing unbiased articles & accept the flaws of Apple too. Leaving the smug attitude will sure help u further
If I hadn't been doing so already, Digit would never have published what I'd written and nor would Apple Matters. Say whatever you want, nothing can dampen my enthusiasm. :D

The first article, by the way, is about the quibbles with the Finder in Leopard.

Top Bottom