The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Today I tried Seashrore (*seashore.sourceforge.net/download.php). A MS Paint like app. Amazing app, did all I wanted and it's freeware!

I normally use PS CS3 but I don't have that installed in my Mac yet. Going to try out a similar app, Pixen (*www.opensword.org/Pixen/) and see which is better and suit my requirements.

goobimama

 Macboy
Btw, does anyone know of any more quick look plugins? So far I've come across the Zip file plugin, the folder plugin, and ColorXML for XML files. Anything else?

@aayush: I live on Front Row. Practically the most used app on my mac!

@Doctor: Pixem does look nice... look at the UI...looks so cool! :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
aryayush said:
Do any of you guys read Apple Matters?

goobimama said:
Btw, does anyone know of any more quick look plugins? So far I've come across the Zip file plugin, the folder plugin, and ColorXML for XML files. Anything else?
I installed the folder and archive plugins too. I don't think there are any more yet.

Can you ever imagine going back to Windows now!

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ I haven't tried the Cider ports for Mac. I wonder what the performance is like. I hear the macbooks are totally out of the game though...

Do any of you guys read Apple Mat
I don't explicitely visit apple matters but I've seen their articles through google search. But yeah, now that you mention it, I'll take a look at it...

Btw, I love the poll on this thread :p

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
there are more quicklook plugins. one for medical cat scan or xray files format. a scr file quicklook plugin.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hmm... Medical stuff eh. Not much into that. Anyway, I hope Adobe does something about their whole suite. Would like to preview Indesign and EPS files (if bridge can, so should Finder).

If only someone understands all this and explains it:
*www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071028184428583

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hey I wanna dump VMWare Fusion for Parallels Desktop. I have given 20GB for Windows when installing VMWare Fusion, now I wanna uninstall VMWare and format that 20GB win partition and install Parallels Desktop and give the same 20GB for windows under Paralles. So how do I uninstall VMWare Fusion, does dragging it to Trash will suffice ?? How do I recover 20GB Win partition under VMWare ??
Its very urgent I wanna try it within an hour so Please .... solutions...And also wish me luck that I get my Airport working in Parallels!!!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hey guys 1 question if a tiger i upgraded to leopard do all previously installed applications till work :?:

goobimama

 Macboy
Most apps work when using the upgrade option. Even the wallpaper and other settings remain the same. Only some apps might need to be updated cause they are incompatible with Leopard...

drgrudge

I've now tried all the popular torrent clients for Mac. My verdict!

All suck but for 2 clients.
1. Azureus
2. Transmission (you might want to use if you have a old Mac)

By the way, Transmission 0.94 Released today!
Version 0.94 (2007/11/25):
- Faster average download speeds
- Automatically ban peers that send us too many corrupt pieces
- Fix a crash that occurred if a peer sent us an incomplete message
- Fix portmapping crash
- Fix bug that left files open after their torrents were stopped
- Fix 0.93 file permissions bug
- Fix tracker redirect error
- Fix LTEP PEX bug

The 2 new features is encouraging. I pointed out the lack of both these features, but new we're 2 down. Hopefully it improves and becomes the uTorrent of the Mac! :D

goobimama

 Macboy
*www.applematters.com/
Notice

This website has been flagged for excessive Apple fanboism, and has been taken down for 24 hours.

This is a message to the rest of the Mac community, so listen up. Ever heard of hubris?
Tone it down, and you will not be attacked. Everyone else is open game.

~ malcor (*malcor.blogspot.com/)

Anyone heard of this guy? He goes around hacking into apple sites and puts this message up. Aayush's favourite Applematters has taken the beating today...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
goobimama said:
*www.applematters.com/

Anyone heard of this guy? He goes around hacking into apple sites and puts this message up. Aayush's favourite Applematters has taken the beating today...
today i followed arya's link to find the same thing i thought arya posted a joke or something but i now realized the joke was on applematters :D

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
malcor said:
And make no mistake, I don't mean to imply that I'm the worlds greatest hacker and can work my magic on any site. The #1 site I'd love to take down for all its Apple fanboism is digg.com but I doubt I'll be able to find any exploit holes on a site so big. Of course, it won't stop me from trying, though.

This guy is crazy he says he is a mac user but don't like ' MAC SYCOPHANTS'.He seems to be pretty skilled too.Both applematters.com and iphonematters down.

drgrudge

He can't do anything against the big boys. I'll be surprised, very surprised if he brings down apple.com, digg.com, tuaw.com, etc...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^he admitted that already but he is pretty skilled I mean he has explicitly said the site has been hijacked for 24 hours...This means the site owners won't be able to do anything for 24 hours and thats remarkable.
Read his blog a bit he says his attacks are 'untraceable and unstoppable'.

Top Bottom