The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

narangz

Web developer
^^ Big/Small doesn't matter. Skills matter :)

Anyway I feel he is right in this:

This website has been flagged for excessive Apple fanboism, and has been taken down for 24 hours.

This is a message to the rest of the Mac community, so listen up. Ever heard of hubris?
:D

Please note- I do not support illegal activities!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Guys seen this:

*gizmodo.com/gadgets/desktop-comparison/desktop-evolution-windows-and-mac-os-comparison-326200.php

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
The_Devil_Himself said:
^^he admitted that already but he is pretty skilled I mean he has explicitly said the site has been hijacked for 24 hours...This means the site owners won't be able to do anything for 24 hours and thats remarkable.
Read his blog a bit he says his attacks are 'untraceable and unstoppable'.
That's VERY questionable! I can restore ANY hacked site in about an hour, if i have the proper backups! I once restored 3 servers (including OS reinstall, and installation of a custom application, configuration and everything) in less than 4 hours..

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^thats what I found pretty amazing I mean ok this guy has hacked the site all right but the owners can repair it in no time.Lets see what happens but this guy has clearly stated "taken down for 24 hours".

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ I think if they cannot restore the site before that, its more to do with the incapacity of the site owners than the capability of the hacker :p

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
*www.applematters.com/

Anyone heard of this guy? He goes around hacking into apple sites and puts this message up. Aayush's favourite Applematters has taken the beating today...
Well, that site has thousands of readers and... wait for it...

DING DING DING!

They've hired me! :D

drgrudge said:
Hopefully it improves and becomes the uTorrent of the Mac! :D
µTorrent itself is also supposed to be here pretty soon.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, I will. Thank you! First one up is probably gonna be a mini-review of the Opera web browser.

MacUser has also shown interest. Most probably, they'll be hiring me too. They don't have a huge readership though. :)

(Apple Matters is huge! :D)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you! Thank you!

::takes a bow::

:D

I've prepared another post about some quibbles with the Leopard Finder and am thinking of writing another one on the pathetic state of gaming on Macs. If you guys want something to be blogged about, I'm open to ideas.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
choto sir zune hang over :D uptodate about upto dateabout

Apple Matters' matter:

A Bad PR Stunt

by Hadley Stern
Nov 27, 2007

I am very sorry to post this publicly but at this point this has gone to far. Apple Matters is a big site, and it runs on Expression Engine, one of the best platforms out there. At this point this joke is begginning to impact other businesses and I cannot let that happen.

I made a mistake of judging the inpact of this hoax. Apple Matters runs on the incredibly perfect platform Expression Engine and is hosted by Engine hosting, which is a fantastic company. When I was first approached me about the hoax I thought it was a little harmless fun. I am literally shaking right now because I did not fully understand the impact of this, so lesson learnt. Again, Apple Matters, running on expression engine was in no way hacked. It was a joke publicity stunt that I thought would be funny to attract attention.

I apologize wholeheartedly to anyone this may have inadvertently impacted.
:lol:

iv been reading abt quicklook here is a read and some tweaks:

*www.tuaw.com/2007/11/27/quick-look-folder-and-zip-plugins/

a good read for u macboys ;)

*bigtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2007/11/25/a-chat-with-apples-ipod-and-iphone-marketing-czar/

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you, The_Devil_Himself, Choto Cheeta and praka123! Thank you very much, guys! :)

Regarding Apple Matters, WTF is wrong with Hadley's English language skills in that post! The emails from him are written in a pretty decent manner. I cannot make head or tail of that post. The guy must have been in a terrible hurry.

@iMav,
Read both those links already. That Quick Look plug-in is amazing! :D

goobimama

 Macboy
As for those quick look plugins, I must say, it's better than even what Apple has pulled off so far! The shadows and the scrolling. It's really nicely done.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Does anyone know how to install iLife from the Tiger DVD that came with my Mac onto my Leopard installation?

Top Bottom