The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I changed the poll, it's screwed up. Aayush, you should contact the Admins (Fatbeing) and see what he can do.

I'll try the things you said and see how things shape up.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
guys whats the point of this poll :?: its a not needed pol for 1 at times i also wanted the thread to be a sticky but as it si this thread remains on the front page as said earlier and besides if vishal's troubleshooting can be made a sticky then on a completely windows forum with 1 section of OSS can certainly have 1 sticky for apple the reason for this thread being a sticky is that we dont need a full blown section as its not required as of now but 1 thread does no harm to the forum .... grudgy u can make it a sticky but if ur not doing it thinking that ppl will say that u bought a mac so u made it a sticky wud be as dumb as saying os x is better than windows so make it a sticky yaar .... and come up with some better poll questions :x

drgrudge

Mr. iMav,
The poll run for a few days (maybe 2-3 days). Personally I'm not in favour of making this thread sticky. But if our members want, then why not?

I'm least bother about what the society may say, do you think I'll give a thought to virtual society? Remember Digit Forums is ruled by Dictators. Raaabo & drgrudge, the Dictator Admin and Mod resp. :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
drgrudge said:
I'm least bother about what the society may say, Remember Digit Forums is ruled by Dictators. Raaabo & drgrudge, the Dictator Admin and Mod resp. :D
haan toh sticky banna na ... poll woll kajunjhat kyon

yash

I draw every day
I'm trying to record skype video calls using the call recorder demo. the problem is that it says my computer is too slow to be recording at 640x480 and keeping a decent frame rate. so the video ends up being really choppy. WHAT?! what kind of system requirements do Ecamm network say i should have in order to record a measly 640x480 video at decent frame rate?

goobimama

 Macboy
How about iShowU? It records whatever's on the screen... I can record high def (720p) with proper framerates so..

guys whats the point of this poll its a not needed pol for 1 at times i also wanted the thread to be a sticky but as it si this thread remains on the front page as said earlier and besides if vishal's troubleshooting can be made a sticky then on a completely windows forum with 1 section of OSS can certainly have 1 sticky for apple the reason for this thread being a sticky is that we dont need a full blown section as its not required as of now but 1 thread does no harm to the forum .... grudgy u can make it a sticky but if ur not doing it thinking that ppl will say that u bought a mac so u made it a sticky wud be as dumb as saying os x is better than windows so make it a sticky yaar .... and come up with some better poll questions
iMav. Let me introduce you to my little friend, Punctuation.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ drgrudge, cant u remove the entire poll itself and add it once again ???

and whats the need of making this thread anyway...

"goobi" says "who cares" in screwed up poll :razz:

@ drgrudge again.. Me being a MOD in another vB forum.. i have found a way to edit the existing poll... do like this:

Click on "Thread Tools" > Select "Edit Poll" > "Perform Action" > Then the "Edit Poll" page opens..

Under Poll options u have.. options at left and the number of votes at the right..

In number of votes... set it to "0".. (the best way is, click on "Reset Fields" and do once again)

Anyway i'm sorry for teaching a MOD

drgrudge

^^
No, it's not possible to delete the poll. But Admin CP might be different than Mod CP.

I know how to edit a poll. :p Reset Fields for whatever reason is NOT working. I may be ignorant, Aayush you PM FatBeing (or other Mod) to get this poll fixed.

Also, no point in sticking this thread and I won't take action. Contact the admins if you guys want this stuck.

Back to discussion! No more off topics.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I use VMWare Fusion for running windows on my Macbook, the main reason for this being cable internet !!!
For the last 3 days I tried to put my MacBook on for downloads during nights but once I leave the Mac for download and return after 1 hour or so I see that my flashget does'nt download a thing. In my Energy settings in Mac OS I selected never to turn off in both batter and power adapter mode and in Windows the same settings not to turn off. What could be the problem ??

What setting should I make so that I can download during nights.

I am also facing with someother problem which i posted here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74033

If somebody can help

drgrudge

^^
Almost the similar issue with my MBP. But I'm not sure abt the exact reason.

This is what I do:
I run Transmission (where we have the option, don't sleep incase of active transfers) and then use other apps like Flashget. Still I have issues but a lot less without Transmission, when it sleeps.

From what I heard it's some logic board problems in MBP and MacBooks. Take to an Apple Service and see what they got to say. I'm yet to take mine, only because I need Internet connection for some time.

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
drgrudge said:
^^
Almost the similar issue with my MBP. But I'm not sure abt the exact reason.

This is what I do:
I run Transmission (where we have the option, don't sleep incase of active transfers) and then use other apps like Flashget. Still I have issues but a lot less without Transmission, when it sleeps.

Yep I read your problem but I thought our problem was a bit different in the sense that you download in Mac OS but I download in Windows ( using VM Ware Fusion )

drgrudge said:
From what I heard it's some logic board problems in MBP and MacBooks. Take to an Apple Service and see what they got to say. I'm yet to take mine, only because I need Internet connection for some time.
Any number and address and what do I say like .... why does my MacBook sleep when downloading ???

Next query is can any one guarantee that Airport Extreme will be detected on Windows under Paralles ?? Right now I am on Windows under VMWare Fusion and my device manager doesn't even tell me that it got a wireless device forget drivers.....

drgrudge

^^
I guess even if I run Parallels or VMFusionware and keep the system idle (but d/l going on) it might sleep or stop downloading. Just my guess from my exp.

Address and contact details can be checked from apple.co.in

goobimama

 Macboy
Just taking a wild guess here, but macbooks and such have different profiles for sleep (batter/power/custom). Just check to see if you are in the right profile. Also make sure Windows via VMware is not 'sleeping' the macbook....

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
iMav. Let me introduce you to my little friend, Punctuation.
I was thinking of posting something tongue-in-cheek about that but I see you've already taken care of it. :lol:

@jamesbond007,
Why do you download in Windows?

If you use AirPort Express, Mac OS X will connect to it and then Parallels will share that same connection with Windows. Windows need not know where access to the Internet is coming from. It will just be able to connect, no questions asked. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
One big complaint against OS X. Why does Front Row + Album art look so good?! Here I am downloading cover art for all the TV shows. It's almost become one of those OCD things. In fact, I didn't have/couldn't find an album cover anywhere, and my friend went home, scanned his album cover, and brought over the file. The whole thing is crazy (and a little out of hand).

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
drgrudge said:
^^
I guess even if I run Parallels or VMFusionware and keep the system idle (but d/l going on) it might sleep or stop downloading. Just my guess from my exp.

Address and contact details can be checked from apple.co.in

In VM Ware Fusion windows Airport Extreme doesn't get detected so I was just asking if I install Paralles, is there any chance that Airport gets detected in Windows. Its got nothing to do with macbook sleeping.

aryayush said:
If you use AirPort Express, Mac OS X will connect to it and then Parallels will share that same connection with Windows. Windows need not know where access to the Internet is coming from. It will just be able to connect, no questions asked.

You got a point, infact when I first got connected that way I thought all my problems have vanished as I was able to have internet on Mac OS X !!!
But unfortunately for some reasons I don't internet on Mac OS X for more than 30 mins or so !! Its strange but I think 24Online clients plays dirty here may be it thinks that there is no activity so lets disconnect him!!!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
One big complaint against OS X. Why does Front Row + Album art look so good?! Here I am downloading cover art for all the TV shows. It's almost become one of those OCD things. In fact, I didn't have/couldn't find an album cover anywhere, and my friend went home, scanned his album cover, and brought over the file. The whole thing is crazy (and a little out of hand).
I couldn't agree more. Seriously. The damn thing looks just too good, specially when it plays music (though I don't get to see much of that).

jamesbond007 said:
You got a point, infact when I first got connected that way I thought all my problems have vanished as I was able to have internet on Mac OS X !!!
But unfortunately for some reasons I don't internet on Mac OS X for more than 30 mins or so !! Its strange but I think 24Online clients plays dirty here may be it thinks that there is no activity so lets disconnect him!!!!
You're still stuck with that crap? Poor you! :(

Do any of you guys read Apple Matters?

Top Bottom