The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
----------

Installed Safari 3.04 for Windows. I must say it is a big improvement over the previous version. I had no problems with stability and such, but there were a few issues with minimizing, spell-check, among others. Feels more like a real contender to the others... And the buttons have got some Leopard treatment to them :)

---

Deleting Time Machine backups
*www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2655/leopard_time_machine_delete_files_folders_from_backup

I didn't realise this is all it takes to delete a Time Machine backup!
*media.tech-recipes.com/rx_images/osx/leopard/time_machine_delete_backups_2.jpg

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
iMav said:
o trust me that vuze thing so full of crap i start a torrent the bloody thing shows bikin clad women in the screen on the right :x
now azureus isn't the best torrent client out there, better try its alternatives

goobimama

 Macboy
This is a bit weird but what the hell. I was bored last night so I thought I'd do a smalltime apple wally. I tried using the Pen tool but it came too smooth. So then I decided to brush it in. It's still not complete (none of my projects ever are) but here's what it looks like.
*img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.be7bff864d.jpg
(Bout 800KB, 1920*1200)
Hit me with it. I think I can take it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Heheh. Well I've done other ones as well, but you see, i can't post an image of a cat in an apple discussions thread now can I?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok, I leeched the 3.x of Azureus but where can I cut out the Vuze cr@p? I was searching the preferences, there was an option, but after restarting also didnt work. I find 2.x sufficient.

superczar

-n00b-
I am sick of the slowdowns on my machine off late
Seems my mini needs a RAM upgrade to 2 Gig
but It's not easy to open the damn thing :(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
@grudgy: go to preferneces there under interface there u will find startup there choose show my torrents and theres another option which has (2.x) or something similar .. then it skips vuze and goes directly to normal show but vuze is still there it just doesnt show on starting ;)

goobi cog sux man it sux so much no tag editing wtf aaaaaahhhhh crap

Last edited:

drgrudge

Vuze is a resource hogger takes 81 MB and 7% CPU requirements. 2.x takes 51 MB and 5-6% CPU. For comparison, Transmission took 18 MB and FX 120 MB (opened all day long).

I'm happy with 2.x, I really can't see any big difference. Also how to stop this update thing? I don't want Azureus to check for updates.

P.S: Thanks iMav for pointing, I forgot to save the settings last time around.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
@aayush: Same thing. Just plug the cables in. Only thing is you have to go into the "Network" tab in finder and connect to it.
OK. :)

The Apple logo is a bit titled in your wallpaper. And it is not wallpaper material anyway. I mean, it looks like a good painting but I don't think many people would want to see that every time they hit F11.

The discussions going on here are too boring for me...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well il tell u 1 thing though os x is better than linux any day :lol: as i have said before it is the best unix distro :D .... damn os x wasnt even half as hard as ubunutu to get it started on my comp

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
All those interested and not interested should head on over to Engadget and look at Apple's best and most creative web advertisment ever. Just check it out! It is so damn cool! :D

drgrudge

I got an issue... for the past 2 days when I'm using Azureus and leaving the system, it's sleeping (or whatever) and in the morning I'm not able to wake it. The display is not sleep, maybe the system is.

The normal waking things is not working (pressing any key, moving mouse). I'm pressing the Power button for 3 secs and the sleep indicator goes off and when I press that button again to start.

When I used Transmission, there was no issue. All the Sleep settings are in place (ie display sleep only and computer/HDD sleeps never).

Any idea?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What does the sleep indicator say in the morning? That is, does the light on the button at the front pulse?

Top Bottom