The Official Borderlands Thread

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Re: The Offcial Borderlands Thread

Just when I was thinking of installing this game the crappy BSNL line got shut off. Trend setters.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Ah a well deserved bump for this thread. We just completed our second play-through of the game. Now the DLC's remain and then we'll finally (hopefully) be able to meet Crawmerax's level. Can't wait to bring it down.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

Ah a well deserved bump for this thread. We just completed our second play-through of the game. Now the DLC's remain and then we'll finally (hopefully) be able to meet Crawmerax's level. Can't wait to bring it down.
I pawned crawmerax dozens of times, easy once you get the hold of it(and since its level has been already surpassed in the last DLC), it drops good stuff though, got two pearlescent weapons(the rarest kind)

PS: I'm on 2.5 playthrough now, and its tough and challenging, we need hardcore mode in Borderlands 2.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

We are all currently on level 54, I think. So by the time we complete all the DLC's, we should be able to touch Crawmerax's level. What's the minimum required level to beat him, taking into account we have 4 players?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

We are all currently on level 54, I think. So by the time we complete all the DLC's, we should be able to touch Crawmerax's level. What's the minimum required level to beat him, taking into account we have 4 players?
Crawmerax and its minions(very tough) level dynamically scales with the player, crawmerax is always 4 level above the player, all its minions are anywhere from 1-3 level higher than the player, the max for crawmerax is 72, its minions reach a max of 69, with the patch of 1.4.1 you can reach level 69(with knoxx installed), so crawmerax is always stronger than you but you can level with the minions if you reach 69(which is very hard).

Now for the fun part, crawmerax has a MINIMUM level of 64(yes, thats right), so at level 54 your team will be butchered(you can't even damage him), minimum level needed is 60(since he is at 64), but I challenged him at 61(max level before patch).

Generic strategy: You need one healing mod(brick??) among any of your members, also one shield regen mod(siren) is great, ammo regen(soldier) is also needed.

You'll need shock weapons and corrosive. Armored minion is weak to acid, non armored minions are damaged by shock, all worms have one weakspot(the eye, aim for it), also green worms are weak against fire(not acid or shock).
Crawmerax have no vulnerability, but has 6 weakspots as glowing orbs in various locations, shoot them(with high firing weapons). take out crawmerax's eye first, it decreases its locating capability, now attack it, also watch out for minions, they are strong enough to kill you in two attacks. This fight is time consuming, use second winds by keeping some half dead minions around(a bit tricky), take plenty of med packs.

I got some wicked weapons by killing it.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One

^ Yeah.. I couldn't kill him in single player. Let's see what happens in 4 player co-op. :D
We have the required mods and weapons, but i suspect the lag itself will be enough for our character's doom. (At least for me.. :p)

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies

I just started playing this game. I am at level 20 now with hunter class.This game is addictive and really fun ♥

gameranand

Living to Play

Faun & ico Here is good news for you.
Borderlands 75% Off on Steam

Enjoy fellas.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^he bought this too.

I am downloading the game, 30% complete.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!

Very old game, most people are already bored with it(I've finished many times), what about Borderlands 2?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

@gameranand rockstar deal on steam now

@tkin bought it for co-op, already finished the game before (excluding dlcs)

gameranand

Living to Play

Well there is nothing about Borderlands 2. But well I do know that developers of this game has files patent for the name Borderworlds so we can guess than sooner or later they may release a MMO.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies

^^ well, Borderlands was a hit so they just might make the sequel.
From wikipedia -
"As a result of its surprise retail success, Borderlands' creative director Mike Neumann told VG247 that there is a chance of a Borderlands 2, adding that the decision "seems like a no-brainer." Gearbox has recently trademarked the name "Borderworlds""

Top Bottom