The Official Borderlands Thread

gameranand

Living to Play
Re: The Offcial Borderlands Thread

It was a hit of course but it was without any story so chances are little but still L4D was also that kinda game with a sequel but still no news from developers about sequel at all so can't say.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

I just bought this game off steam and it would be downloaded by evening. Anyone here who would like to join me for Co-op. I guess most of you must have leveled up quite a bit. But are there any new players like me who recently got the game due to the awesome steam discounts?

gameranand

Living to Play

Finally nice to see some good from that news. Well Faun may join you as he has bought this game solely for Co op purpose.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Finally nice to see some good from that news. Well Faun may join you as he has bought this game solely for Co op purpose.

That's great. I just finished downloading it but will start playing today evening only as I have to leave for work. Steam ID will will work in this game too? And DLCs activated in-game or I have to run some set-up. It downloaded 12.5GB of data which took me around 4 days :-o

gameranand

Living to Play

Well these questions will be answered by Faun and ico as they are the steam freaks in this forum. :p They can tell you everything regarding steam. As far as I can tell DLCs should be pre activated as its a GOTY edition and if you downloaded from steam then ID should work fine.

Piyush

Lanaya

borderlands 2 is in the making
heard this news a bout a month ago
if a find a link then it will be posted here

That's great. I just finished downloading it but will start playing today evening only as I have to leave for work. Steam ID will will work in this game too? And DLCs activated in-game or I have to run some set-up. It downloaded 12.5GB of data which took me around 4 days :-o

Welcome back mate. :D

I might join you as well. Add me on steam id is :jojothedragon

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Thanks buddy. Will add you as soon as i get home today. BTW, I am "baccilus" in steam too, without quotes.

varunb

Working in an IT company

Well these questions will be answered by Faun and ico as they are the steam freaks in this forum. :p They can tell you everything regarding steam. As far as I can tell DLCs should be pre activated as its a GOTY edition and if you downloaded from steam then ID should work fine.

DLCs are not pre-activated. You will get keys for Zombie Island & Mad Moxxi DLCs & they will be permantly tied to your account so that you can view them any time. Those DLCs will have to be manually activated.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Ok I figured it out. Have to go into steamapps>common>Borderlands>setup
There are two setup folders. Run setup.exe from both and put the code that is got when we run Borderlands.

varunb

Working in an IT company

Playing DLCs is a real pain. The checkpoints don't work !! Its how gearbox designed to make each dlc seem longer. This is pathetic of Gearbox.

varunb

Working in an IT company

The game will save your progress in terms of leveling but it won't save your location or position. If you exit your game & restart, then your player will spawn at very same point when you first launched this DLC. If you traveled like 200kms away from the beginning & restart your game later, then you will be back to the starting point. So forget that extra mile you covered to complete a particular objective.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^that's ridiculous. so the enemies respawn as you travel through the same location once again ?

varunb

Working in an IT company

Yes but this enemy respawning is normal since it happens in those places also that do not fall under those DLCs

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Nope. Its not a bug. It is the way thing is. We know how it feels. It is kind of a chore job to travel that long again. But as we are playing 4 Co-Op, we will have fun while driving. So, It is kind of, not a big deal.

And yes, enemies re spawn again. But, I started liking it. As it will help leveling up. :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist

Nope. Its not a bug. It is the way thing is. We know how it feels. It is kind of a chore job to travel that long again. But as we are playing 4 Co-Op, we will have fun while driving. So, It is kind of, not a big deal.
Speaking of which, when is our next session? I haven't heard from Sam in a while now. Let's have a session this weekend. I'll most probably have an off for Good Friday. So we can complete the Zombie Island DLC on that day, if possible.

Top Bottom