The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i restored baseband & even reflashed new baseband. no signal. baseband is showing as it should. some v070-000-000-MAR-23-2009. even IMEI no is still there. will try flashing old baseband & checking on some other rom.

UPDATE: everything fixed. damn, everything was ok the first time only when i restored NV backup. mym dad's BSNL sim was not getting detected. i used my sim (airtel) & it showed signal, data (3G). now posting from Android 4.0 :grin:

anyone who wants to upgrade baseband, seriously disable LGE Virtual Modem. and test a new sim.

guru_urug

iGoogle
@Sam try the paolo based kernel too, apparently franco's kernel is causing the rom to be laggy and unstable on overclock. even im downloading :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam try the paolo based kernel too, apparently franco's kernel is causing the rom to be laggy and unstable on overclock. even im downloading :)

yup. flashed paolo's kernel. not much of a difference. menu transaction is really lagy.

LOL... Good to know your phone is back...

i restored & flashed baseband around 4-5 times in 30min :mrgreen:

Very, very noob question :p.. How can I move the apps to desktop? I mean their shortcuts? :D

depends on what launcher you are using. if whatever came with Cyanogenmod, simply tap & hold an app in menu. it'll vibrate & show you the homescreen. drop it.

What process you followed to flash the new baseband?

this. but just do disable LGE Virtual modem & check that the sim you are using is 64k (i'll check this later). it is imprinted on the back of the sim. older sims are not getting detected for some reason.

i'll suggest first flash a new baseband rom & then upgrade baseband. if it went ok & sim is supported, there should be signal immediately.

i need a video camera app as cm7's camera is buggy :( can i get stock lg camera back in cm7?

lgCamera from market

Neo

damn it. i flashed new baseband without disabling LGE Virtual modem & received error when restoring NV. restored backup & installed ICS. IMEI & Baseband are ok but no signal. now will need to do a lot of trial & error and a hell lot of searching in XDA how to fix this s**t.

You can always flash KDZ. Why to take so much trouble?
Or Am i missing something????

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
:banghead: review again? sure. i'll try to put together a few pieces of text with pics about this broken rom on an aged and broken phone.

Ya by review I mean, I already know what's is working and not working. But I wanted to know about battery life, or performance, or how can we get most out of it like using paolo's V6 Kernel etc..!!

BTW Already saw the screenshots on facebook :D

I guess this method is much better and failproof.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
battery life is around 12hrs even on idle. will post screenie once I use rom for few days. system is a bit laggy & keyboard is misplaced.

flash kdz then root, install custom recovery. too much pain. also kdz = brick maker.

Neo

I don't know why but I'm not able to root V20G 2.3.3 using SuperOneClick 1.9.5.
It just goes on processing but nothing happens. Please help.

I should have upgraded baseband your way Sam. ****.

EDIT: Solved and Rooted now.

Last edited:

Neo

have you tried all other ways of rooting? else post in xda. someone may give revised guide.

Thanks. I solved it now. SuperOneClick was creating problems.

Does everything remain same after flashing new baseband? i mean root access, custom recovery and all that....
Yes. All remains as it was if you changed the baseband using LGMDP.

PS: Guys please follow me on twitter or gimme your usernames.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am thinking to buy a screen guard for My Precious: Optimus One, from flipkart. It was easy a while ago, but lately there's been a new entry. I am confused between the two.

Exhibit 1 : Amzer 89813 for LG Optimus One P500
Exhibit 2 : Rainbow Screen Guards for LG - P500 Optimus One

What the heck is a Rainbow screen guard! :confused:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can anyone over here could help me with sd card partition please?

can you please be a bit more clear. you want to partition your memory card for apps as ext?

@vyom, can you please test your mobile with multitouch tester & post your result here. want to know how many points the mobile records as stock Android.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@vyom, can you please test your mobile with multitouch tester & post your result here. want to know how many points the mobile records as stock Android.

It only records two.

So, you mean the multi touch count of two is just a limitation of stock Android?
What is the result in your ICS?

Top Bottom