The LG Optimus One Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh yeah. When I visited speedtest.net it automatically directed to the Android market of speed test app. :D
thanks.

Neo

now i too cant wait to try android 4 . Im installing it tomorrow. Bbut one question, hows the battery backup in cm9?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Friends, I need an SMS and Email speech app. I found that Go SMS pro can read out my messages, but could not find a similar app for email. Does anyone know any app that could be useful to read out email?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ you asked me about signal quality on new baseband and this was my reply.
nope. i never faced any signal issue anywhere in my city. so can't say if there was any improvement but GPRS feels slow. specially when downloading apps or doing heavy work.

today while checking battery graph i noticed the signal bar (signal quality over time). before it used to have a lot of yellow spots (drop in signal). now there is not a single yellow patch. not even a single one. i.e. baseband does improve quality. but i am unaware if it'll help to signal reception inside buildings.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ you asked me about signal quality on new baseband and this was my reply.

today while checking battery graph i noticed the signal bar (signal quality over time). before it used to have a lot of yellow spots (drop in signal). now there is not a single yellow patch. not even a single one. i.e. baseband does improve quality. but i am unaware if it'll help to signal reception inside buildings.

That is excellent... :) I should definitely upgrade baseband... let me check XDA... Is there some patch I can use? CM7 Nightlies, here i come... ;)

*i.imgur.com/Amj7J.png

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Yes there are Old Baseband Fix patch, which makes New BB ROM works on Old BB. Check the CM Nightly thread. Adfaaad posted some files which you need to push to /system/lib through adb.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^Yes there are Old Baseband Fix patch, which makes New BB ROM works on Old BB. Check the CM Nightly thread. Adfaaad posted some files which you need to push to /system/lib through adb.

Does that patch upgrade baseband or only make the old baseband compatible with new ROMs?

Neo

I need an app like a download manager a which ensures the file which I put to get download gets fully downloaded without any interruption . and which can also resume downloads.
Just like IDM for PC.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That is excellent... :) I should definitely upgrade baseband... let me check XDA... Is there some patch I can use? CM7 Nightlies, here i come... ;)

*i.imgur.com/Amj7J.png

seriously you need to consider upgrading baseband. there mayn't be any improvement but worth a try.

kaz

right here
i also have lots of problem regarding the network recieption after upgrading to gingerbread should i upgrade to the new baseband for v20g (i am having v20c now)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i am on new baseband too. what i am asking is there a new baseband bundled with V20C & V20G? but if you are on official v20c, why upgrade baseband again?

kaz

right here
i am on new baseband too. what i am asking is there a new baseband bundled with V20C & V20G? but if you are on official v20c, why upgrade baseband again?

i thought baseband for v20c and v20g were different :-(

also my battery backup has gone really very bad.. its not because of gingerbread because i have managed to 2days on gingerbread earlier without switching on data connectivity...but i think it is because of links2sd app..or the antivirus avast ... might network be also a problem.... i got no idea.....its hardly giving 10hrs of backup....

Yes. All v20 roms have the same baseband. So no need of upgrading again. Cheers.

Top Bottom