The LG Optimus One Thread

Neo

Aww, that's a drawback. :( Any recommendation for website from where I can download .apk file safely?
here's a quick list:
Getjar,KUQU,AndroidGear,NetDragon,Handang,SlideMe,AndAppStore,Phoload,Mobihand,AppsLib,Insyde Market.
and some apps are unique to these particular markets.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
how can it get back to custom rom? just to the default setting as you installed it. if it was a rooted ROM, it'll stay rooted. if it was not rooted before, and you rooted it using some app, you'll loose the root access.

Thanks for clarification. :)

Klub Class

Broken In
I successfully flashed VOID ROM on to my phone. Though I did take a backup of the previous ROM, I forgot to copy it on to my PC. Under the assumption that I copied the back up file to PC, I deleted the back up file from the SD Card too! :-(

What if I want to go back to the stock ROM, in the future? Anyone? :?:

after you cross 15 post you'll no longer be provided with those questions. spam check.

I ain't here to spam the forum. So, I'll religiously answer the question 15 times! :wink:

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
1. download gingerbread app from XDA.
2. mount your mobile as mass storage in PC (just connect cable & you are on).
3. transfer app to memory card.
4. install app.
5. phone should restart & your mobile is rooted.

step by step (copied from androidfan's OTA ;-) )
Thanks bro.. Much appreciated..:)

Always install from the market. Most of ur needs are satisfied with free apps. So u don't have to go for the paid one unless until needed. For a normal user, free apps are more than enough. Just get a unlimited data plan for a day or two ( Check with ur mobile service provider ) or go to wifi zone and browse the market and download apps of ur interest.
Yup. Sounds plausible.

As u bought the phone just now, don't try to root immediately. Try to get comfortable with the phone and apps for a week or so and then proceed to root :). Also take a backup before trying to install custom rom :)
Yea..even I'm thinking the same. Will root after a week.

Another query guys: I get many private/confidential messages and I want to hide those sms from prying eyes. All SMS including sent, received and draft messages should get hide automatically.
Well, I want something like this for the android platform: MumSMS – Application to Hide SMS
MUMSMS - mobile9

Please suggest me app for the same. TIA. :)

tmanikandan

The Incredible
get many private/confidential messages and I want to hide those sms from prying eyes. All SMS including sent, received and draft messages should get hide automatically.

Stock messaging app don't offer much options. Use Handcent Sms or Go Sms Pro. Both are free, good and has plenty of options. U can also have a look at Chomp Sms

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Stock messaging app don't offer much options. Use Handcent Sms or Go Sms Pro. Both are free, good and has plenty of options. U can also have a look at Chomp Sms
Go Sms Pro to the rescue. Exactly what I needed. Thanks..!

Also guys, any tips to improve battery life on Lg Optimus One? I think the phone has short battery life. Any suggestion for apps/games? Typing on swype feels awesome!!

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Go Sms Pro to the rescue. Exactly what I needed. Thanks..!

Also guys, any tips to improve battery life on Lg Optimus One? I think the phone has short battery life. Any suggestion for apps/games? Typing on swype feels awesome!!
Low the brightness, turn off any running apps and turn off WiFi if you are not using it. :)

And for games, try Speedx 3D Free and Raging thunder 2.. Great games! :)

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Thanks for the reply guys.. Giving juice defender a shot. Lets see how it fairs.

Also guys, I live in Kolkata. Want a GPS app that I can use even if I don't have a data connection..that is it to say, I want an accurate offline map of Kolkata on my O1. Any recommendation?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

lasts 2 days under normal use. turn WiFi on & it won't last 12hrs also.

cause gaming won't be fun on a touchscreen without any control, try these:
Apparatus ---> try the slim version first. must play.
cut the rope
Toki Tori

Low the brightness, turn off any running apps and turn off WiFi if you are not using it. :)

35-40% brightness works best.

And for games, try Speedx 3D Free and Raging thunder 2.. Great games! :)

raging thunder 2 is really really hard.

Gollum

Collector
lasts 2 days under normal use. turn WiFi on & it won't last 12hrs also.

cause gaming won't be fun on a touchscreen without any control, try these:
Apparatus ---> try the slim version first. must play.
cut the rope
Toki Tori

35-40% brightness works best.

raging thunder 2 is really really hard.

i keep the phone brightness to 7% with the help of elixr. by default the official firmware goes only till 12% minimum brightness.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ so low :shock: ? i used to do the same but android system takes away most of the power, not display. keep it at around 20% or more. but i don't know if it is related to kernel in any way.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
I set to 0 to 30 % in display but nothing much.

Android System Consumes a lot of battery. The process related to Gallery ( cooliris) consumes a lot of battery

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hi, this is not actually concerned with O1, but I don't see any Enter key :p Can anyone put any light in this regard??

I'm on Mik's 6.5.7

Top Bottom