The LG Optimus One Thread

tmanikandan

The Incredible
Gingerbread Update for Optimus One in September and available through LG Desktop Smartphone Client ?

Check the digit's link posted today

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its been up for four days now. digit publishers are just following up on gsm arena update.

they do it officially. they can't publish things like "update using KDZ updater after manually downloading this & that file". even now many are complaining that PC Suite says Android 2.2 is latest.

Dr.Notor's own Android Forum: Doktornotor's Android Forum - LG Optimus One Android Development

i guess most of the senior developers will leave XDA soon.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Try Dolphin Mini is excellent browser for O1.
Thanks, will check it out soon. :)

BTW I am planning to get a 16GB memory card as 2GB is very less for me.. :p

If I copy all files from old card to new card, will the apps behave the same like they do now? :D
And when I install an app, it gets saved to phone memory. Is there anyway to save them to memory card by default? :???:

straignt_mind

Right off the assembly line
Nope, I didn't face any yet. Which provider you are on and where are you from??

i am from a taluka place in karnataka and service provider is airtel. network coverage is verygood here and other phones with the same network dont have any problem at all.

i have laminated (covered the phone with thin plastic sheet) the phone to keep it clean. is it to do anything with this network problem?

straignt_mind

Right off the assembly line
Did u mean screen guard ?

yes, some sort of. it not only covers the screen but also entire phone. here is my earlier post explaining the problem.

hi all
i recently bought lg p500. it is a good phone and i am enjoying my first smartphone. only one problem is - suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected if i am in call. it is for few seconds only and coverage is restored. but it is a nuisance during the call. so there is this problem of poor network connection. any suggestions?

tmanikandan

The Incredible
hi all
i recently bought lg p500. it is a good phone and i am enjoying my first smartphone. only one problem is - suddenly network drops to zero and call would be disconnected if i am in call. it is for few seconds only and coverage is restored. but it is a nuisance during the call. so there is this problem of poor network connection. any suggestions?
straignt_mind is online now Add to straignt_mind's Reputation Report Post Reply With Quote

If u meant the leather pouch or case cover or screen guard or the one that came with O1, it won't create problems for u . If possible, post the screenshots of ur phone with case cover. The problem is related to ur service provider as ur signal strength is weak.

Neo

had to reflash cm7.my phone was restarting again and again without any reason,Usb storage was not working (it just restarted when i turn it on) etc...etc..
but now its good....
so i guess cm7 cannot be trusted , right ?

gmg9

in the kaya
if anyone wants to xchange white cover with black one.. plz contact me.. i hav black.. i need white..thx..

gmg9

in the kaya
had to reflash cm7.my phone was restarting again and again without any reason,Usb storage was not working (it just restarted when i turn it on) etc...etc..
but now its good....

hmm. some users having this issue.. i would suggest if u really need mass storage.. get back to 6.5.7 or use the mik's kernel came with 6.6.1.

nothing can be trusted in thins world...hehehe.. i would suggest u stick to the stock froyo rom.. dont update to offical GB..as many users reporting it also has some crappy bugs..

Last edited:

tmanikandan

The Incredible

Yes. Not only CM7 but all the custom Rom's for O1 are not the official release's and so there are bugs. Though Custom Rom provides lot of addons, but still Stock Rom is very very stable. Hope someone release a bug free custom Rom / Kernel for O1.

gmg9

in the kaya
no rom is bug free.. it could be custom or stock whatever.. when we use the word 'stable'.. dat means most of the bugs/secutity holes/problems has been sorted out.. and normal user can use for their regular use.. cause they r stable enough..

so when u talking about custom rom.. the devs done deep research n development before releasing it as a FINAL stable rom.. but the companies cant just give u saying "hey its beta rom and u can use it, cause its stable though its beta".. u think of any software in the whole technology world n tell me they dont hav any bugs in their final stable version.. every STABLE s/w getting constant security/bug free updates...

do u think windows, ios, mac or even linux is stable.. cause they also get constant updates to make themself more stable.. the answer is 'yes' .. they r stable enough to use for regular day to day work..

Chetan1991

Youngling
Stock rom gone crazy!!! + need help installing custom rom

Hi all.
I bought my optimus one ~4 months back, and i havent modded it yet. its running the stock rom (2.2.1 v10c). The stock os has become slow, just like windows does after a while. whenever i open android assistant, i find at 3/4 mem occupied and at least 10 programs running in background, which i didnt even open! (btw i have 150 apps installed, is this fact relevant here?).

So what the hell is happening?? why's android acting like windows?? and how to remedy it?

im pissed off and going to install a custom rom. since i havent read much about it, heres what i think is to be done. please correct me if i'm wrong:

1. root the phone
2. install custom recovery and backup current os
3. rest i forgot (bad memory)

Can somebody please explain to me how to install a custom rom and what tools(sw.s) to use?? or even a link to an up to date guide will do.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Tell me guys, if the Android on this phone would be any different than what is in LG-Optimus One. Can't I buy this phone, and enjoy all the stuff with Android, just like you all do with LG Optimus?

*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-iPT3S5tAKZQ/Tl1OL6DsDjI/AAAAAAAADAo/zMwtFetimK4/s720/11%2B-%2B1

Top Bottom