The LG Optimus One Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
):/ looks of g1 and name is iphone?? how unoriginal!! dude, is this some crappy chinese phone??

Dude. Its Micromax. And the name is NOT iPhone. Look closely. Maybe zoom, if you are watching that pic on a small screen of your Optimus!
Those red markers were printed and not hand drawn! :-D

tmanikandan

The Incredible
its running the stock rom (2.2.1 v10c)

Use 2.2.2 with V10e if u want to continue using Stock Rom.

If u want to root, just check the previous posts of this thread as there are lot of links provided by many people for rooting.

):/ looks of g1 and name is iphone?? how unoriginal!! dude, is this some crappy chinese phone??

It is Micromax A70 . The name is not Iphone and it states that "I ( can afford this) Phone"

Tell me guys, if the Android on this phone would be any different than what is in LG-Optimus One. Can't I buy this phone, and enjoy all the stuff with Android, just like you all do with LG Optimus?

I do not know abt the phone performance. Specs wise , it is very good and it features Android 2.2 and as far as the apps are concerned u can enjoy the Android stuffs. But when u want to root the phone later, I am not sure, Custom Roms are available for A70. The phone costs between 7500 and 8000 and if u are ready to spend 1000 more , it seems u can get O1 for 8500 @ letsbuy

no rom is bug free.. it could be custom or stock whatever.. when we use the word 'stable'.. dat means most of the bugs/secutity holes/problems has been sorted out.. and normal user can use for their regular use.. cause they r stable enough..

I do agree but O1 with V10e has got numerous bugs fixed and I meant stable in this regard.

Last edited:

chandrudme

Journeyman
It seems videocon and micro max android phones are not recognised in market. also a70 talk time is poor. Better to go for o1.

its seems official GB is out for O1! Has anybody tried it? How to flash it over void forever?

LG Optimus One Gingerbread 2.3.3 Official Firmware Download - LG Cell Phones Blog

Klub Class

Broken In
Re: ** ~10k mobile discussion thread **

Dear friends,

I was trying to install android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Custom ROM on LG Optimus One, this evening.

After installing the ROM Manager and flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, my phone shows a black screen with the following message :

Fastboot mode started
udc_start()

I stood waiting for ~5-10 mins! But the phone just refuse to proceed further. That said, I would appreciate if someone helps me to get my phone working. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I was running 2.3.3 official ROM on my phone. This evening, I downgraded to 2.2 Froyo and tried installing 2.3.4. :neutral:

Neo

It seems videocon and micro max android phones are not recognised in market. also a70 talk time is poor. Better to go for o1.

its seems official GB is out for O1! Has anybody tried it? How to flash it over void forever?

LG Optimus One Gingerbread 2.3.3 Official Firmware Download - LG Cell Phones Blog

the downlaod link there is not working.
it says "Forbidden".

tmanikandan

The Incredible
It seems as it is not the official LG blog and also the download link is broken now. Also, few people had problems when they upgraded to Gingerbread.

Neo

and also...i was wondering what we got after flashing our phones with custom roms. all the apps work as they worked before, didn't notice any difference btw 2.2 and 2.3.WTF.

tmanikandan

The Incredible
Yes , you are right but there might be difference in terms of efficiency and optimization. On the outward, we just feel the UI will be different and also the keyboard. But most of them uses apps for launcher, sms and Internet and obviously on the outward u don't feel much difference

chandrudme

Journeyman
This link is working.. But not sure if this is official rom.

LG Optimus One Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread V20G ROM Download - LG Cell Phones Blog

gmg9

in the kaya
Re: Stock rom gone crazy!!! + need help installing custom rom

Hi all.
I bought my optimus one ~4 months back, and i havent modded it yet. its running the stock rom (2.2.1 v10c).

can u do me a favour.. i need the 10c version rom and some app from it.. if u gonna install custom recovery .. can u plz install amon_ra thundrg and take a nandroid backup of ur stock 2.2.1 10c rom and upload to net.. i really neet it.. will highly appreciate..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

BTW why is the pic showing

"Snapdragon by Qualcomm"? AFAIK, it uses a value chipset MSM7227 & is not part of Snapdragon series of SOC. so is Qualcomm just giving an ad on a mobile package?

Dear friends,

I was trying to install android 2.3.4 Gingerbread Custom ROM on LG Optimus One, this evening.

After installing the ROM Manager and flashing ClockworkMod Recovery, my phone shows a black screen with the following message :

Fastboot mode started
udc_start()

I stood waiting for ~5-10 mins! But the phone just refuse to proceed further. That said, I would appreciate if someone helps me to get my phone working. Thanks in anticipation.

PS: I was running 2.3.3 official ROM on my phone. This evening, I downgraded to 2.2 Froyo and tried installing 2.3.4. :neutral:

after installing Clockwordmod recovery, don't reboot into recovery immediately. if you do, fast boot error.

if you face fastboot error even if you restart, tr to enter recovery using the 3 key combo & directly install a custom rom. problem will be fixed & you'll have a custom rom installed in your system.

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Bought O1 yay! Thanks alot guys.

How do you guys install app on your phone? Is is possible to download the .apk file from the android market to PC and then transfer the .apk file to SD card and then install it from there?

Last edited:

Klub Class

Broken In

after installing Clockwordmod recovery, don't reboot into recovery immediately. if you do, fast boot error.

if you face fastboot error even if you restart, tr to enter recovery using the 3 key combo & directly install a custom rom. problem will be fixed & you'll have a custom rom installed in your system.

Sam, I entered into Emergency Mode and flashed android 2.2 V10E using KDZ updater. Then, I repeated the process again and successfully flashed the VOID ROM on to my phone, the last night itself. Anyway thanks for the help. :)

Whenever I try to play the videos using the Video Player on the phone, my phone freezes. Any pointers to fix this issue?

I'm a newbie here and every time I post something, a Random Question appears above the editor. Is it absolutely necessary to answer it every time? :?:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Bought O1 yay! Thanks alot guys.

How do you guys install app on your phone? Is is possible to download the .apk file from the android market to PC and then transfer the .apk file to SD card and then install it from there?

No, I believe we have to download apps from the phone itself. But you can transfer apk files and install them from third party sources. But not from the Android market...

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
No, I believe we have to download apps from the phone itself. But you can transfer apk files and install them from third party sources. But not from the Android market...
Aww, that's a drawback. :( Any recommendation for website from where I can download .apk file safely?

Also guys, I've read a little about rooting Optimus One. Many say that rooting this phone is like a walk in the park. Can anyone post a step my step instruction to root Optimus One.

Thanks in advance. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'm a newbie here and every time I post something, a Random Question appears above the editor. Is it absolutely necessary to answer it every time? :?:

after you cross 15 post you'll no longer be provided with those questions. spam check.

Also guys, I've read a little about rooting Optimus One. Many say that rooting this phone is like a walk in the park. Can anyone post a step my step instruction to root Optimus One.

Thanks in advance. :)

1. download gingerbread app from XDA.
2. mount your mobile as mass storage in PC (just connect cable & you are on).
3. transfer app to memory card.
4. install app.
5. phone should restart & your mobile is rooted.

step by step (copied from androidfan's OTA ;-) )

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
after you cross 15 post you'll no longer be provided with those questions. spam check.

1. download gingerbread app from XDA.
2. mount your mobile as mass storage in PC (just connect cable & you are on).
3. transfer app to memory card.
4. install app.
5. phone should restart & your mobile is rooted.

step by step (copied from androidfan's OTA ;-) )
Thats nice info, sam.

Is unrooting also like this only?? :D :D

tmanikandan

The Incredible

Always install from the market. Most of ur needs are satisfied with free apps. So u don't have to go for the paid one unless until needed. For a normal user, free apps are more than enough. Just get a unlimited data plan for a day or two ( Check with ur mobile service provider ) or go to wifi zone and browse the market and download apps of ur interest.

I've read a little about rooting Optimus One. Many say that rooting this phone is like a walk in the park. Can anyone post a step my step instruction to root Optimus One.

As u bought the phone just now, don't try to root immediately. Try to get comfortable with the phone and apps for a week or so and then proceed to root :). Also take a backup before trying to install custom rom :)

Is unrooting also like this only?

More or less the same.

I have a doubt with regard to Factory Data Reset. If a phone is rooted and a factory data reset is clicked, will it get back to Stock Rom default settings or Custom Rom default settings ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Is unrooting also like this only?? :D :D

i think you'll have to use z4root as gingerbreak is only used to root. it can't undo.

I have a doubt with regard to Factory Data Reset. If a phone is rooted and a factory data reset is clicked, will it get back to Stock Rom default settings or Custom Rom default settings ?

how can it get back to custom rom? just to the default setting as you installed it. if it was a rooted ROM, it'll stay rooted. if it was not rooted before, and you rooted it using some app, you'll loose the root access.

Top Bottom