The LG Optimus One Thread

Gollum

Collector
After a long debate and defending galaxy3 I finally bought optimus one.
my main concerns were whether this phone would be able to play dvd resolution videos
aka 720x4XX
and the answer is "NO"
the built in video player gives you an error as resolution not supported.
However there is a workaround. All you need is "rock player".
For divx and xvid video's rock player will be able to play the video though hardware decoding and there will be no lag while playing dvd resolution stated above.

Other formats tested that are playable on default video player are
3gp [resolution not tested]
avi [xvid/divx701x376 and below]
mp4[ mpeg4 640x360]

formats that do not play are
mp4 [h264, h263]
mp4 [xvid video and aac audio]
mkv [will not show in the video list of default player]

rock player playability
it plays almost anything.
Video's that are not playable with default player will play through this app.
mkv video playback is very slow and unwatchable
flv video plays smooth upto 240p and lags at higher resolution
xvid and divx plays without lag if played through hardware decoding

phooka

Broken In
Done with rooting and removal of LG bundled crapware ! And I am SO HAPPY. No more annoying notifications of "Bollywoodji" :)

MasterMinds

hell boy
one question, can we revert the phone to the exact condition(software wise) in which we bought this phone{unrooted, lg firmware, LG's recovery(or whatever it is called)}

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Hi guys Finally got my Optimus one today :D

hav sm query.. Do i always hav to kill the tasks by task killer?? y cant we exit an app or anything i open, we can only go back or home n the app is still running in the bg until i kill it with task killer??
n sm things like browser, fm radio etc r always running even if i kill them n then restart task killer they r again der?

Btw phone is awsum just got it few hours ago n already lovin it :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi guys Finally got my Optimus one today :D

hav sm query.. Do i always hav to kill the tasks by task killer?? y cant we exit an app or anything i open, we can only go back or home n the app is still running in the bg until i kill it with task killer??
n sm things like browser, fm radio etc r always running even if i kill them n then restart task killer they r again der?

Btw phone is awsum just got it few hours ago n already lovin it :D

don't use those task killers too much. use them only if the phones gets really slow. the menu that you get when you long press home key are not 'running apps', they are 'last run apps' and some sit in idle state and they don't take any resources. if you want to know what is eating up cpu and memory, use process monitor apps/widgets.

Gollum

Collector
I read on xda forum that 01 users are complaining about dust under the screen. Though my phone did not show any signs of dust under the screen, when I went out in sunlight, I could see some specs of dust right in the center of the screen. Now this is bad. Such a thing should not happen on a touch screen which is not exactly cheap either. My phone is not even a month old and I don't live in a dusty location.
I suggest all 01 users to observe caution while using the phone. Best is to store the phone in some dust free cover.

kiddish

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, I am looking for LG optimus, but i had never use any LG phone, so it good to buy or you suggest any other phone for me...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ any particular reason? it may ship with Android v10C rom & that may pose problems rooting the phone is someone wants to.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@thetechfreak thnx!

@desiibond thnx for the info..

@Sam.Shab mine also came with V10c will i not be able to root it?? well ofcourse i''ll not root now but later smtime..

Gollum

Collector
^^ any particular reason? it may ship with Android v10C rom & that may pose problems rooting the phone is someone wants to.

not software, but hardware problems like dust under the screen.
mine is made in korea. Chinese made optimus would hae been better.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam.Shab mine also came with V10c will i not be able to root it?? well ofcourse i''ll not root now but later smtime..

i think you can. maybe not by using Z4Root (till they deliver an update) but using 1click root or some other app (its a window software, not mobile). or can be done using ADB shell (read in XDA).

not software, but hardware problems like dust under the screen.
mine is made in korea. Chinese made optimus would hae been better.

how can you say Chinese made LG O1 will not have dust problem? after all there must be some opening or gap in the shell of the mobile for dust to creep in. & i doubt if Chinese made will fix the problem.

BTW, is the problem really noticeable & serious?

Gollum

Collector
i think you can. maybe not by using Z4Root (till they deliver an update) but using 1click root or some other app (its a window software, not mobile). or can be done using ADB shell (read in XDA).

how can you say Chinese made LG O1 will not have dust problem? after all there must be some opening or gap in the shell of the mobile for dust to creep in. & i doubt if Chinese made will fix the problem.

BTW, is the problem really noticeable & serious?

right now I trying to keep the phone neat and clean. Most users have reported the phone to get dust at the bottom part of the screen and the amount of dust only increases by time. Some say that the new models dont have this problems. newer ones are those that come with v2.2.1 and mine came with v2.2

However after reading the service manual I feel that the dust is entering through the harwdware keys, especially the big ugly key in the middle. I'm thinking of covering it with a tape but that would spoil the look of the phone.
here is the thread on xda-forum
Dust Under Screen?! - xda-developers

k4ce

Youngling
question regarding accessories here :

1. Is it easy to find a screenguard for this fone considering the position of the proximity sensor ... the one lg gave with the fone is almst coming off ...

Also, if any users of the Megatron ROM could share how much battery life they are getting ?

Top Bottom