The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
right now I trying to keep the phone neat and clean. Most users have reported the phone to get dust at the bottom part of the screen and the amount of dust only increases by time. Some say that the new models dont have this problems. newer ones are those that come with v2.2.1 and mine came with v2.2

possible.

However after reading the service manual I feel that the dust is entering through the harwdware keys, especially the big ugly key in the middle. I'm thinking of covering it with a tape but that would spoil the look of the phone.

is there a gap between the key & the cover? or a gap is formed when clicking it. don't use tape. it'll make the mobile look like a broken mobile. but may use a screen protector (cut it out appropriately).

1. Is it easy to find a screenguard for this fone considering the position of the proximity sensor ... the one lg gave with the fone is almst coming off ...

yes it is easy to find. even in Ebay you can find a few good deals. & will a screen protector render the proximity sensor useless? i don't think so. sensitivity may come down slightly.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
i think you can. maybe not by using Z4Root (till they deliver an update) but using 1click root or some other app (its a window software, not mobile). or can be done using ADB shell (read in XDA).

K thanks..

i wanna knw where does the installer file(the .apk file) go when we download an app from market?? as soon as download completes it is installed.. now if i uninstall the app n want to install again smtime later then i again hav to download it?? cant we save the .apk for future installation??

sry for all the noobish questions.. m new to android :p

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i ve been using this phone for about 2 weeks now.. and i find it quite good and beats its competitors in entry level hands down.. the 1500mh battery is good enough and gives me almost 15 hours of usage (3G or Wifi constant) and making calls etc..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i wanna knw where does the installer file(the .apk file) go when we download an app from market?? as soon as download completes it is installed.. now if i uninstall the app n want to install again smtime later then i again hav to download it?? cant we save the .apk for future installation??

no idea about it buy yes, you can root & install titanium backup. backup that app.

sry for all the noobish questions.. m new to android :p

you are new & i yet to own one :-|

i ve been using this phone for about 2 weeks now.. and i find it quite good and beats its competitors in entry level hands down.. the 1500mh battery is good enough and gives me almost 15 hours of usage (3G or Wifi constant) and making calls etc..

fantastic :razz: my current mobile gives only 4hrs of continuous GPRS. will dump in soon.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
no idea about it buy yes, you can root & install titanium backup. backup that app.

hmm yea i read that we can backup this way but m gonna use stock rom atleast for 1-2 months before i root my phn.. i found 1 website we can download the .apk file but der r nt mch apps available.. so i guess for the market we cant get the .apk file.. hav to dwnld n install everytym..

you are new & i yet to own one :-|

ohh hope u get it soon :) i also waited a long tym before i cud get it :razz: so i can understand how desperate u mst be :razz:

MasterMinds

hell boy
^^ yes. Nandroid backup + flash the original recovery.img from root.

thanks for the reply.

well i have some issues with the phone, i am on void firmware.
1, i cant send anything via bluetooth to othe phones, the send will start but it is always stuck at o% and after some time it would fail.
2, in facebook app notifications are not retrieved, i always gets an error saying, connection closed by peer.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hmm yea i read that we can backup this way but m gonna use stock rom atleast for 1-2 months before i root my phn..

thats the way to take. get used to Android first. than root & finally a new ROM.

i found 1 website we can download the .apk file but der r nt mch apps available.. so i guess for the market we cant get the .apk file.. hav to dwnld n install everytym..

some mayn't even support LG O1.

ohh hope u get it soon :) i also waited a long tym before i cud get it :razz: so i can understand how desperate u mst be :razz:

price already came below 12k here but waiting for Galaxy Pop to appear in market. price should go below 11.5k for sure. than will buy O1. don't want to hear the news that the price of the mobile was slashed by 1k just days after i brought a mobile.

thanks for the reply.

well i have some issues with the phone, i am on void firmware.
1, i cant send anything via bluetooth to othe phones, the send will start but it is always stuck at o% and after some time it would fail.
2, in facebook app notifications are not retrieved, i always gets an error saying, connection closed by peer.

looks like Noejn deleted something important. or missed some script. did you post the problem in Void thread?
the 2nd problem i don't know. not much idea about peers & proxies.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@jagg89
Use Astro File Manager to backup the required apps and then transfer it to your pc.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@sam.shab yea den u mst w8 a lil more..

@Naino thnx will try it out..

m testing out the battery.. n m impressed..
48hrs since unplugged n still 20% remaining.. used alot of wifi..heavy browsin played game,youtube,gps for a while,1-2hrs call,sm txting n alot other things...also posting this thru phn :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam.shab yea den u mst w8 a lil more..

lets see how long i can hold myself back.

48hrs since unplugged n still 20% remaining.. used alot of wifi..heavy browsin played game,youtube,gps for a while,1-2hrs call,sm txting n alot other things...also posting this thru phn :)

are you sure? cause as i heard WiFi is the only feature LG O1 looses badly to its competitors. it drains the battery empty very fast.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@sam.shab yea after 48hrs batt came down to 15% n a msg came to plug charger den i finally plugged the charger...i used wifi atleast for 6-7 hrs out of 48hrs but yea i did'nt use it continuously i turned it off wen not in use...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
are you sure? cause as i heard WiFi is the only feature LG O1 looses badly to its competitors. it drains the battery empty very fast.

It does use a bit of the battery but its not that bad.. infact i installed a custom rom last night and the battery back up is much better.. been on wifi or 3g with music player for almost an hour.. and few calls.. i still have 80% left after 8 hrs!

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@NainO i installed Astro File Manager worked fine.. can easily backup downloaded apps now.. thanx alot !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam.shab yea after 48hrs batt came down to 15% n a msg came to plug charger den i finally plugged the charger...i used wifi atleast for 6-7 hrs out of 48hrs but yea i did'nt use it continuously i turned it off wen not in use...

on stock rom you are getting good battery backup. try Void echo & you may get 3days battery backup.

It does use a bit of the battery but its not that bad.. infact i installed a custom rom last night and the battery back up is much better.. been on wifi or 3g with music player for almost an hour.. and few calls.. i still have 80% left after 8 hrs!

i know. custom roms are always better & usually light on battery. mainly cause all the unnecessary processes are cancelled out & also some custom roms are optimized. not just code & throw.

so finally an Android based mobile that can openly compete with Nokia in the battery backup section.

BTW, anyone of you heard about any new midrange (below 15k) mobile from LG, based on Android (except the Optimus me)?

ksrsngh

Right off the assembly line
Facing Problem in Opening gallery

Is anyone facing problems of gallery not opening after we do a factory reset......
& what is the solution to it.. ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ sometimes it takes longer (or much longer) than usual time in fetching and creating thumbnails of images.

k4ce

Youngling
anyone experiencing battery issues with megatron ROM ?... I just downloaded and switched back to stock (nt reovery.img ... downloaded fresh V10C) ... and guess what, all the LG crapware is gone .... so awesome ....

prefer stock cos of the battery only ... heavy wifi user (on for at least 15 hours a day and does not go into sleep also) ...

BTW, anyone tried the Gingerbread ROM ?... cam and radio still not working ( also found a bug during screen unlock ) ... not fit for daily use yet

bharathbala2003

why need title?
anyone experiencing battery issues with megatron ROM ?... I just downloaded and switched back to stock (nt reovery.img ... downloaded fresh V10C) ... and guess what, all the LG crapware is gone .... so awesome ....

prefer stock cos of the battery only ... heavy wifi user (on for at least 15 hours a day and does not go into sleep also) ...

BTW, anyone tried the Gingerbread ROM ?... cam and radio still not working ( also found a bug during screen unlock ) ... not fit for daily use yet

What issues you faced? did u overclock it beyond default megatron speed? i m very satisfied with battery.. 14 hours and still 65% left

I'd suggest not to try gingerbread rom until a fully stable version is released

k4ce

Youngling
^^ well i dont exactly know what went wrong ... stayed at 729mhz ... first few days were fine ... and then battery went downhill ... would barely get 1 day ...

switched back to stock last night at around 12am ... 48pc battery after bootup ... 13 hours later ... have 34 pc left ... includes 20~40mins of voice calls ... 2 hours wifi (no sleep) ...

i was trying out the gingerbread rom to assist in identifying bugs ... cos anyway, need to do a clean format before going back to stock ... anyways, came back to V10C ... will root, get custom recovery and flash my own ROM ... started making it now ... as close to LG ROM as possible ... except LG HOME and stuff ... gonna incorporate the touch screen fix as well ... :)

Top Bottom