The LG Optimus One Thread

pratik385

In the zone
hey can you list ROMs available for 01
and please describe it, give its advantage and disadvantage. . .

I am using Stock ROM and iam satisfied with it getting battery back till 1.5 days on heavy usage. I used gprs always on, angry birds and other games played for 1 hrs, videos for half hour, browsing internet, gtalk, facebook, music, playing with apps and used advance task killer...

But still i want to try another ROM, kadya karne ka mazza hi alag hai :D
but can we roll back to stock ROM....

bharathbala2003

why need title?
^^

I am not sure about features of all the roms..

but megatron is a pure performance oriented rom.. it removes ur stock lg rom n apps and gives u replacement with what is needed for the rom to function.. also the processor is overclocked to 729mhz from the stock 600.. (u can oc it more by installing a fresh kernel having stock rom too)...

the void rom is something that gives u more flexibility i suppose .. but the procedure is bit more complicated for a 1st timer..

personally i use the megatron rom v1 and the custom 1.1. kernel by mikos and find it amazing.. in terms of usage as well as battery life..

oh btw even if u afraid to install custom rom i would suggest u install the kernel so that you don't use ur processor too much.. check the net for more details on the lg touchscreen bug..

and finally yes u can revert back to ur original stock rom as well

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ well i dont exactly know what went wrong ... stayed at 729mhz ... first few days were fine ... and then battery went downhill ... would barely get 1 day ...

did you turned on hardware acceleration?

anyways, came back to V10C

why V10C? it can't be rooted or you using some prerooted rom or rom of different country.

flash my own ROM ... started making it now ... as close to LG ROM as possible ... except LG HOME and stuff ... gonna incorporate the touch screen fix as well ... :)

all the best. looking forward to your rom. a custom+stock hybrid.

hey can you list ROMs available for 01
and please describe it, give its advantage and disadvantage. . .

theres tons of ROMs avl for LG O1 (from XDA as well as other source). read through the notes provided by the modder & pick the one that suites your needs.

I am using Stock ROM and iam satisfied with it getting battery back till 1.5 days on heavy usage. I used gprs always on, angry birds and other games played for 1 hrs, videos for half hour, browsing internet, gtalk, facebook, music, playing with apps and used advance task killer...

if you want a overall balanced rom (close to stock), i'll say get Prime.

But still i want to try another ROM, kadya karne ka mazza hi alag hai :D
but can we roll back to stock ROM....

do a Nand backup. so you don't need to run the KDZ updater which bricks more mobiles than it updates.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Guys, now there's a touchscreen lag fix out!!!. If you're on any custom ROM/stock, go into setCPU, place your hand on the touchscreen for a while, and after 1 sec it'll use 100% of the clock speed.... which was a major problem for games as well as normal usage...

But the cool guys over at XDA have made life easier for us by fixing it . milk_os has released a custom kernel which fixes it and now the processor usage goes to 50% max and that too after holding it for ages....which is a vast improvement imo.

So I advice everybody to either install the custom kernel or get the new void # echo, I guess everyone's on #delta.

Gonna test out myself now and report!

utkarsh009

In the zone
hey guys ! what is the difference between
firmware upgrade and installing a custom
ROM? which of the two is more risky (as for
bricking the phone )? which custom rom is
best for getting best graphics perfomance
and speed ? how do i install a custom rom?
will i be eligible for a gingerbread upgrade
by lg if i install a cusom rom?

bharathbala2003

why need title?
^^ a firmware upgrade is provided by the manufacturer to solve any previous bugs or improve the phone's performance.. and has a a very very minimal chance of bricking..(almost never)..

a custom rom is nothing but a user edited version of the OS (android) which is streamlined for speed, battery life etc.. for installing a custom firmware please refer to xda forums.. i use megatron rom.. and find it easy to install n use.. let me know if u need more info on that.. also once gingerbread is out u can install that over the custom rom altho i feel the guys at xda will give a better version of it!

@sidd, i had previously quoted about the kernel update by mikos.. i have been using it for over 30 hours now.. and i find it great.. the cpu usage has decreased from 100% (when tapped) to under 30%!! this means no lag in games (or very minimal).. there are no known issues that i face.. everything seems to work great..

siddhesh222

Journeyman
EVERYONE INSTALL THE TOUCHSCREEN LAGFIX NOW. ITS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO OUR PHONE.THIS HAS PROBABLY CHANGED THE HISTORY OF ANDROID PHONE DEVELOPEMENT; WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN ALL FUTURE ROMS FOR ANDROID PHONES

lol well not really, but it's super awesome.

Ok so tested it out, it's so awesome!!!!!! Dungeon Hunter, NFS Shift all work super smooth with no lag whatsoever.

@bharath

I tried it in SetCPU, put my hand over the screen, after 8 secs it went to 320 ( min is 245, max is 729) then returned to 245 :D. What did you use? setCPU or something else?

k4ce

Youngling
For all those ppl who want to root and are on V10C or higher (OneClick Root going into loop), use KDZ to go back to V10B ... Download V10B firmware from here

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/AINDHW/V10b_00/V10B_00.kdz

(I'm sure most ppl know it... In the interest of all those who dont)

ksrsngh

Right off the assembly line
what is hardware decoding

Hey what do you mean by hardware decoding.. Please tell some more about it..

aks_npti

Dear All,

I am a newbie to what Android has in its womb to deliver. Moved from Symbian(Sony P1i) to Froyo (LG Optimus P500) recently and still getting amazed by the features and the applications what Android has to offer. Many of my doubts have been answered already in this particular thread.

I do have one query though: Somehow i am still struck to Messaging interface of Symbian( plz forgive if i sound stupid). Is there any way of configuring my Messages in the Old Symbian Way like Inbox, Sent Messages , New Folders etc. Moreover don't want thread messaging features as well ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Aks

aks_npti

^ SMS Composer :)

@ Naino,

That was quick and bingo reply. Thanks

It would have been an ideal solution to my problem if it would have allowed me to create a specific folder to move few choosen messages. SMS composer lacks this functionality.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^ well with even the cheap-o phones migrating to threaded views, developers have lost their interest in developing apps with traditional symbian view or you can say non-threaded view ;-)

pratik385

In the zone
Guys !!!

I got an incredible news :)

before 3 days, i have charged o1 upto 75-80 %
And its giving back up till today, o1 showing 3d 4 hrs 56m now, Amazing :O
Well but yeah i havent used internet on it during these days, :D

Mainly : Calls, games and Messages
Medium : Bluetooth data transfer and music
Low : Videos and movies

8)

just incredible, hope what would happened if i fully charged it then :p