The LG Optimus One Thread

me1

Broken In
Really?!? I wouldn't risk that if I were you.

What apps did you delete btw?
I want to get rid of some preinstalled apps

Last edited:

niraj87

Broken In
^^I'm NOT talking abt pre-installed apps !!! You cant uninstall those apps without rooting. I've rooted n uninstalled some of LG apps, but I use Android 2.1 Eclair on LG GT540.

me1

Broken In
duh! uninstalling manually installed apps is not a biggie.

what were you talking about? reorganising the stock launcher, right?

niraj87

Broken In
I was talkin abt 1-click uninstalling, while other apps like Astro File Manager, Appmanager etc, take 3-4 steps to uninstall apps (the more effort reqd. to do smthng on a phone, the worse). Also, I never knew we cud rearrange apps into categories like Games, Multimedia inside the drawer, which makes it to be a good but ignored launcher. I'm a launcher, widget n organizer app fan, btw..

Last edited:

me1

Broken In
Reorganizing the apps is what i was talking about too. i assumed you were referring to all apps and not just the downloaded apps.
as for uninstalling the apps, one/two or many clicks doesn't matter, but then thats just me. perhaps i have more time than you do, and i am not being sarcastic.
that said, i've only downloaded few apps so far, and they could be uninstalled very easily. msn messenger, estrong and some more. um..wait, i didn't uninstall estrong, i had to reset my phone..so that was gone.

Last edited:

niraj87

Broken In
@me1

I have 250 apps (no nonsense apps) installed on my apps2SD enabled LG GT540 n the list will increase with time. It isnt easy to manage all of them.

gtcdon

Bah humbug
thnks to this forum....i've bought lg o1 for12.5k.....worth for every penny you spend.....feels awesome to have android on your hands although transformation from my previous s40v3 mobile to android has been tough.....installed quite a few apps.....battery life is o.k for me....now which is the best site for getting apps and games......??

gtcdon

Bah humbug
can anyone please pm the link of vplayer full version if its available....rockplayer doesnt support sd resolution mkv files and no audio on smaller resolutions on o1.....hoping vplayer is better....

also please suggest good sites for games......

pratik385

In the zone
Hi Guys !!!

Bought Optimus one today only at 12,300 also replace 2gb card with 8gb Transcend class2.
Phone is Fun, getting used to it as iam new to OS, can you guys tell me how to change home screens, i dont want that screen showing Climate.

And also recommend me few must have apps. Also there are loads of pre installed, are they usefull ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Hi Guys !!!

Bought Optimus one today only at 12,300 also replace 2gb card with 8gb Transcend class2.

Congrats :-D

Phone is Fun, getting used to it as iam new to OS, can you guys tell me how to change home screens, i dont want that screen showing Climate.

Remove the widget.

And also recommend me few must have apps.

Tunewiki
mVideoPlayer
DoubleTwist
Angry Birds
Astro
Tube Mate
Dolphin web browser
Opera Mini

Also there are loads of pre installed, are they usefull ?

Majority of them are bulls**t!!!
Bollywoodji is irritating with its notifications popping out every now and then..

noja

Bang! Bang!
im using the app killer widget. it kills all runing apps.
also disabled auto sync.
disabled edge connection during games and rock player.
does anyone know of ne mp3 player app with eqializer?

abhidev

Human Spambot
All the LG optimus 1 users....pls give your feedback as my brother is planning to buy this cell. Thanks

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ Task/App killers should be used sparingly.

Here is how to root.
1. Download z4root 1.3.0 from HERE to your PC.
2. Transfer the .apk file to your SD-Card using the USB Cable.
3. Install the file on your phone (find it using the file manager, tap it)
4. You might have to enable USB Debugging if it isn't already ON. The app will prompt you to do so it its disabled. You can enable it from Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
5. You have 2 options, Temporary Root / Permanent Root. Temporary root will be disabled if you reboot your phone, but usually its enough for removing the useless apps.
6. It might take 2-3 minutes to root.

7. Once done, download and install Titanium Backup (Free version) from the Android Market. The Pro paid version supports Freezing/Unfreezing of apps and some other features.

8. Once installed, Take a complete backup of your phone (user+system) apps and data.

9. In the lite version you can uninstall system apps. So select the app which you want to remove and use Uninstall option. BE CAREFUL AND SURE OF WHAT TO REMOVE WHILE UNINSTALLING STUFF. IF IN DOUBT, DON'T....ASK FIRST :)

No more Bollywoodji, Infant Vaccine Tracker etc for me :D:mrgreen:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@noja
Use MixZing.

@abhidev
This phone is best, considering it's price.
I think in mid segment of android phones only HTC Gratia excels Optimus One, but alas it's availability is doubtful.

@infinite
Nice tutorial buddy :)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^
Register at SWYPE website.
You will receive their mail with a link to SWYPE DOWNLOADER.
Download and install it.
Follow the instructions on this installed app.

Top Bottom