The LG Optimus One Thread

me1

Broken In
Am I the only one who is using the stock keyboard? I've been meaning to download the gingerbread keyboard for a while now, but never got around to it. I'm too lazy..
Offlate, I noticed that the keyboard I'm using lags. It wasn't lagging before..any idea why it lags?
Just to clarify, by lag, I mean, when I type a letter it doesnt show up immediately, it takes some time.

That list of apps seems good, though I didnt download any. I did check a few, they were all from the market, its a good thing because lazy people like me don't have to search for them elsewhere

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@hoha7, no only some ppls face that problem. usually using 8Gb SanDisk Class 4 cards.

@me1, the lag many say is cause of the processor but i say its cause of bad code optimisation. so a different keyboard mayn't solve the problem but heard Gingerbread update should. also to port gingerbread kb, i think rooting is needed? or did i missed something?

me1

Broken In
Really? A different keyboard is not going to solve the problem?
Saves me the trouble of downloading a new keyboard. No, rooting is not required to get the gingerbread keyboard.

It doesn't lag all the time, but it does sometimes..and Iam noticing this lately. This keyboard is annoying, not only because of the lag..but for many other reasons. Either I hsven't gotten around to using this effectively..or it is simply annoying. Sooner or later I will have to get the other keyboard

gtcdon

Bah humbug
Am I the only one who is using the stock keyboard? I've been meaning to download the gingerbread keyboard for a while now, but never got around to it. I'm too lazy..
Offlate, I noticed that the keyboard I'm using lags. It wasn't lagging before..any idea why it lags?
Just to clarify, by lag, I mean, when I type a letter it doesnt show up immediately, it takes some time.

use swype dude.....it doesn't lag atleast on my o1......its great....

over a week now with my o1....surely a must buy....but camera isnt impressive....my earlier nokia 3120c's 2mp cam+flash could take better than 01......but again its not that much of a thing for me...

rockplayer plays mkv files painfully slow.....its so lagging except the divx files....have anyone used vplayer??? does it play mkv videos smooth?

nd my fav. list of apps till nw...
opera mini 5.1
astro file manager
adobe reader
advanced task killer
photoshop express...(barely use it)
winamp
apps 2 sd pro
tapatalk pro
launcherpro
tubemate
imdb

games...
nfs shift
fifa 10
prince of persia
angry birds
slice it
sims 3
solitaire
guitar hero 5
midnght bowling 2

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
what is apps to sd pro? does it install all apps on the sd card? also the ones which don't give you the option to install on the sdcard.

pratik385

In the zone
@gtcdon,

Yes, mkv file are very frustating to watch, i thinks its resolution problem, i will try downloading 480p mkv file, will tell you about it.

Well after 4 days i have well organised my O1 d/w apps and games, Now Loving it. Thanks to everyone out here for suggesting me esp Sam.shab, Nain0, infinite. :)

Guys,

Do post some Awesome Games here.

Is there any site for d/w all apps, games, etc from PC and then copying it to SD ?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Really? A different keyboard is not going to solve the problem?
Saves me the trouble of downloading a new keyboard. No, rooting is not required to get the gingerbread keyboard.

i am not fully sure but this lag problem occurs when playing games & when typing. also HTC Gracia has a slower H/W but doesn't lags & offers slightly better performance. so, gingerbread update should solve it (modded roms won't. they use original LG ROMs).

It doesn't lag all the time, but it does sometimes..and Iam noticing this lately. This keyboard is annoying, not only because of the lag..but for many other reasons. Either I hsven't gotten around to using this effectively..or it is simply annoying. Sooner or later I will have to get the other keyboard

gingerbread keyboard looks far better in that case.

use swype dude miss .....it doesn't lag atleast on my o1......its great....

gtcdon

Bah humbug
what is apps to sd pro? does it install all apps on the sd card? also the ones which don't give you the option to install on the sdcard.

no it only allows to install those apps which has the capability to be installed into sd card...the difference is pro version is free of ads...

@gtcdon,

Yes, mkv file are very frustating to watch, i thinks its resolution problem, i will try downloading 480p mkv file, will tell you about it.

even 360p mkv files lag on rockplayer......someone pls try vplayer....its a paid app from market...i cant afford to buy it as i dont have a debit/credit card and no cracked version released yet...:-?

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!

No buddy, its video problem. mkv videos even make samsung wave sweat (720p, where it plays mp4 videos with same resolution just fine).
mkv video rendring is a tough task. I dont think 480p resolution would make any difference.
But give it a try and let me know if it worked :)

Thanks to everyone out here for suggesting me esp Sam.shab, Nain0, infinite. :)

YOUR WELCOME MATE :-D

Is there any site for d/w all apps, games, etc from PC and then copying it to SD ?

Try getandroidstuff dot com.
Its still in its initial stage so dont expect availability of all apps :-(

utkarsh009

In the zone
Hey can anyone tell me about the GPU of lg optimus one p500 vs. GPU of galaxy 5. One of my friends (galaxy 5) gets 39.1 fps on nenamark while I(optimus) get only 29 fps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
GPU of Optimus One is Adreno 200 which is just sufficient for most mobile games. best way to test the scores is to use quadrant. not know what GPU G5 uses. maybe Samsung's in house SoC.

utkarsh009

In the zone
Yah! I tried quadrant. It gives me an overall score of 404. Its it good? Also how can I check my previous results when I am not connected to net.

pratik385

In the zone
Guys, Ive tried 480p Resolution mkv files, but still its lagging :(

BTW

Advance task killer is good or bad for Mobile ?
Coz ive read in AndroidForum, that its not good.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ as expected :)

And use of ATK is controversial, some say it's useful while other decline it.
For me it's necessary.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Hey guys I just installed #void delta over my prime v2 and I gotta say its effing amazing!. Totally loving it :D and I'm on 710Mhz now instead of 600Mhz which is a considerable amount of difference :D. I recommend you all update to that :)

Now putting back my 3D games and stuff lets see how they fair.

@utkarsh

Well that depends on which ROM you are using. I know how to do it on #void but dunno about stock or prime.

@pratik

maybe try overclocking/flashing to megatron. I guess that should help.

PROTIP: It will drain your battery real fast though xD

Top Bottom