The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
as told before, have to flash the new firmware (the contacts, msg, etc) will not be affected but the mobile can't be rooted.

as told before, have to flash the new firmware (the contacts, msg, etc) will not be affected but the mobile can't be rooted.

Sorry bro, I guess I miss that. Flash with which firmware ? which is the stable firmware to flash with ? v10c which is available ? or some other firmware and offcourse will it void the warranty with some european firmware like v10e ?:sad:

Thanks again bro.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
maybe it was in some different thread. i quite can't remember.

i think v10e (haven't visited XDA forum for a week, no news if new firmware out). no, if you update with LG firmware (not the modded one), till you not mess up the update procedure, there shouldn't be any problem & warranty won't be void.

also i can't say if v10c is a latest firmware for India & v10e for UK & nearby. but better flash the v10e. at least you won't face the SD card problem (many users facing mem card problem has replied the problem is gone) & there won't be any "Bollywood ji" (maybe theres something like hollywood ji :grin:)

welcome buddy :smile:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
@Prateek

I had posted a link to PowerAmp full version (recently cracked), but the forum moderator didnt approve the post n warned me of not spreading piracy on the forum !

Its available on 4shared.com or simple googling...just search for "PowerAmp full"..I hope the moderator has no problem with this post. If yes, dont show me the red card, a yellow card will do, since I aint aware if only linking is unallowed, or even talking abt pirated stuff, too.

no problem man ... i got that part sorted now .... :)

nandan

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys;

I just bought optimus one, I was facing a problem connecting with pc via usb through LG PC suite. I have installed the pc suite given by the LG. I was able to connect to pc only through mass storage i.e; sd card. No other usb connecting options available in settings of the mobile..Plz some one help me out through this problem

O1 users help me.............

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Im buying a phone soon....budget is upto 15k.
Ive searched for a lot of phones online..I liked the optimus one the most..Im no fanboy of any company...just want the best deal.

other contenders are:
galaxy 3 (obviously :mrgreen: )
htc aria/gratia (froyo)
motorola quench xt5
dell xcd35
huawei x6 (amazing features..not yet launched..but specs are mindblowing!)

going by specs x6 is best..hands down..but huawei is a brand i havent heard of in India before....can anyone tell me if its good....'coz i can w8 till mid Jan for this phone...else wich other phone is good?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ check the Samsung Galaxy 551 before finalizing LG O1. if the keyboard is usable, G551 is as good as LG O1 if not better.

don't consider Huawei as its battery sucks. Dell products are ZTE rebraded (most). so don't. Moto TX5 looks bad but you get a good camera. no idea about the HTC pair.

niraj87

Broken In
Wat abt the price of Huawei IDEOS X6?

@Sam
LG sucked for half of the ppl here, but we have a great family of smartphone in the name of Optimus, n now everyone had gone mad at buying a Optimus One. Even before its launch, u've started claiming that its battery sucks etc..? There are many brands that are not known world-wide, but still start with weak products n gradually start creating better n then great products, while some of those less popular brand products are found to be better than those of the biggies. I thot it was a faltu Chinese company until I read abt them n then I was discovered that Tata Photon has been created by them n that they r a huge Telecom company. Lets try them.

Read comments at sites, ppl are excited abt this Huawei product, especially coz they sell at a lower cost. This is one of the comments on GSMarena page:

This phone has good genes. For those who still don't know Huawei, it is a huge networking and telecommunications equipment supplier. We just don't hear much about them because they deal more with institutions (telcos & mobile network providers, corporate enterprises, BPOs, etc.) than they do with consumers. In 2009, Huawei surpassed Nokia-Siemens to become the No. 2 supplier of global mobile network gear next to Ericsson

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i know & read about IDEOS series from Huawei & are terrific bang for buck but the battery they use can't be compared to others. i can't say about X6 but the entry level IDEOS battery is terrible (last 1 day at max with a 2.8" screen & a slow processor). but the X5 & X6 use 1Ghz processor, maybe Snapdragon. i can only hope the mobiles last 12hrs on 1 charge.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^
X5 uses MSM7230 800Mhz processor and X6 uses QSD8255 1ghz processor both are 45nm soc's along with 1500mAh battery so obviously better batterylife than first gen snapdragons (65nm). the entry level huawei you are talking about has 2 generations old MSM7225 proccy (the one in G1) with 1200mAh battery.

and the G551 is just a galaxy 3 with a keyboard. I don't know how will it be better than O1.

_

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
Happy New Year to all... :)

Got the O1 yesterday for 12.7 K (inclding an 8GB Card) :D

Is there any one stop link to getting started with customization? I found many forum links but was wondering if there is any recommended one....

Last edited:
Tested the force apps to install on sd method and it works well with optimus one. Now, I get more space in phone memory. If you guys are interested in doing this, head towards :

HTC Desire - Answer To: How to Install Apps to the SD Card by Default on Android 2.2 Froyo

The tutorial is for desire, but works well with optimus one. NFS shift was taking 38mb+ in phone memory, moved to sd card and it's still working well with no lags etc :)

pratik385

In the zone
Hey guys, anybody have checked New Sony Ericsson's x10 mini pro Successor

Have an impressive config
Check here : Sony Ericsson X10 mini pro successor is a real beast - GSMArena.com news

So am Confused now, Iam getting Optimus one At 12,000/- should i buy or should i wait?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
mobile store is selling it for 12.6k. so 12k is a good price, get it.

also i don't have faith in SE. they yet to have a single mobile running Froyo, whereas other manufacturers have 2-3 of them. also lots of power (1Ghz processor) in a small device will make it run hot & eat through your battery life in a few hours.

pratik385

In the zone
Thanks, I will buy it soon then :D
Also hope i will get good earphone and pooch in boxs :p

Which color is good ?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ don't worry about earphones and pouch, go for it.
Choose between black or white color (IMO burgundy color is for girls :p)

And sony ericsson xperia x10 have 1GHz and QWERTY. I don't think it will even be in 15k price bracket :-(

iNFiNiTE

The cake is a lie!!!
^^ congrats & happy new yr. BTW, 12.7k = optimus one + 8gb card? start with LauncherPro & swype (beta).

yep, the price is for both. The price is near around 12.5-12.6K here in Hyderabad, and I finally found a shop which was offering it for 12.2K.

At first I was hesitating about the features but the on the net and finally the posts in Mobile Monsters convinced me to buy it. :)

Tried various features, and I am extremely pleased with the phone.

gtcdon

Bah humbug
hey everyone......i've some final doubts before buying o1......

1.i've read in xda forums that screen response is buggy and phone tends to be slow while playing games like raging thunder.......have any of the users experienced this..???

2. my main priority would be playing movies on my mobile......does installing rockplayer make the phone slow....??will it play mkv videos of standard resolutions??

3. and what about the battery life?? will it stand 2 days in average use?

please try to clarify these ....i would be buying the phone from cochin....the price is 12.5k here......

Top Bottom