The LG Optimus One Thread

pratheekb96

Unemployed
Flashed Mik 6.5.2 CM7 beta, couldnt find Mik 6.5.
Gonna explore this android :D
And how to overclock processor?
Some people recommending to use Franco's Kernel, what is it?

I tested it, the multi touch bug is not fixed in my phone :(
which multi touch bug are u talking about???
download cpu master from the market for overclocking

if ur using 6.5.2 then i recommend flashing francos kernel
a kernel is a piece of software thats responsible for servicing resource requests from apps and the management of resources, it has facilities to receive resource requests and grant access to resources such as allocating space for a new file or creating a network connection
francos kernel is basically a better kernel than the stock one to provide for better performance and battery life

i have the 6.5 and 6.5.1 file if u need it.........

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And how to overclock processor?

CM7 has built in setting to overclock. but after applying Franco's kernel it gets disabled. you need to rely on some other CPU OC utility.

Some people recommending to use Franco's Kernel, what is it?

this. kernel tweaked by Franco. extremely low battery drain during standby & even if you use it. battery drain is purely outstanding. performance is snappy & Angry birds hangs as it did in stock rom.

flash at recovery.

battery drain maybe high in the first 2-3 days but once it settles down, enjoy the new battery life. UI is smooth.

sanpnr

Broken In
hi all.my optimus one has run into some probs.my phone had an encounter with water a week back.water didnt do anything to the phone except that the indicators showed red.Decided to show the phone to service to make sure that future warranty is not void.
I had LOL rom installed with amonra recovory.
I tried updating the phone to v10e using kdz.everything says successful but the phone remains in emergency mode.no reboot in 30mts.
I removed the batterry and restarted it.tried the home-vol down-on combo and i am back in the amonra recovery.
I flashed everything,repartitioned sd card and again tried this time v10c.same end result.
What next?

MasterMinds

hell boy
Anybody experiencing the lag when playing music in CM's default music player.... the player itself works without any sort of lag, but all other thing lags like the phone is having 320mhz processor. :p
i am running on default cpu setting and interactive governor...

rockstarmpm

Broken In
pratheekb96 said:
which multi touch bug are u talking about???
Watch this YouTube - LG P500 Multi-touch Test (HD)
Any Fix For this??
here is d link for beta6.5 (mik_os) uploaded it myself........
Thank you so much for uploading, shud I downgrade 6.5.2 to 6.5, which is better n why?
sam said:
this. kernel tweaked by Franco. extremely low battery drain during standby & even if you use it. battery drain is purely outstanding. performance is snappy & Angry birds hangs as it did in stock rom.
Thank you so much, flashed it ;) Do you mean Angry birds becomes slower than CM7 Kernel? Scrolling in menu is slower than CM7 kernel :( How can I flash CM7 kernel back? I want speed than backup :D
MasterMinds said:
Anybody experiencing the lag when playing music in CM's default music player.... the player itself works without any sort of lag, but all other thing lags like the phone is having 320mhz processor.
No, Its fine in my phone.
--------------------------------------

How much is the best Mhz for processor(I meant not over than a limit)?

------------------------------------------------- Edit-----------------------------------------------
Did u guys partition ur SD card? I have partioned mine. Also pls lemme know how to flash only the kernel of CM7, Franco's kernel is lagging wen scrolling in launcher.

------------------------------------------------- Second Edit -------------------------------------------
Flashed Mik os again.

Last edited:

pratheekb96

Unemployed
Watch this YouTube - LG P500 Multi-touch Test (HD)
Any Fix For this??

Thank you so much for uploading, shud I downgrade 6.5.2 to 6.5, which is better n why?

Thank you so much, flashed it ;) Do you mean Angry birds becomes slower than CM7 Kernel? Scrolling in menu is slower than CM7 kernel :( How can I flash CM7 kernel back? I want speed than backup :D

No, Its fine in my phone.
--------------------------------------

How much is the best Mhz for processor(I meant not over than a limit)?

------------------------------------------------- Edit-----------------------------------------------
Did u guys partition ur SD card? I have partioned mine. Also pls lemme know how to flash only the kernel of CM7, Franco's kernel is lagging wen scrolling in launcher.

------------------------------------------------- Second Edit -------------------------------------------
Flashed Mik os again.

that bug will probably not affect u much so just forget about it....but i am looking for fix and will let u no soon
(found the fix,look below)

no probs.....i think u shud flash bak to 6.5 without francos kernel....6.5.2 has multiple bugs which are not present in 6.5. remember to wipe battery stats and flash francos tweakz again

if u want to get mik's kernel again, den all u hv to do is flash the rom again

at all frequencies the cpu consumes the same amount of power(same voltage) so jus use the max mhz u can with a smartass governor......i recommend arnd 750-800 mhz with smartass governor

yeah i partitioned my sdcard as well,why???

Anybody experiencing the lag when playing music in CM's default music player.... the player itself works without any sort of lag, but all other thing lags like the phone is having 320mhz processor. :p

no,no lag at all

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i found a fix for the multi touch bug(axis inversion workaround)
Axis Inversion workaround is, as you see, a workaround: dont expect too much from it, it's still buggy (it's not smooth and has a bug reported, plus it doesnt work with very fast movements) but you might want to apply it anyway. and it will probably reduce your battery life as well........
Heres the download file
if anyone wants the source code all they have to do is ask:p

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am on Mik's beta 6.5.2 with franco kernel 15. Using smartass 480/710. Performance is smooth... battery is excellent. Don't see bugs here. ADW launcher was slow so replaced it with Modaco GB launcher and removed ADW with Titanium backup.

What bugs might I encounter?

modifii

Right off the assembly line
Now how about this Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) LG Optimus One P500 , official Gingerbread rom leaked. Though it still has many bugs but atleast we have .35 kernel now.

People at XDA Developers have already postmortemed it [OFFICIAL TEST FIRMWARE] Gingerbread 2.3.3 for Optimus One P500 LEAKED!!! - xda-developers

Optimus One strikes back.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I am on Mik's beta 6.5.2 with franco kernel 15. Using smartass 480/710. Performance is smooth... battery is excellent. Don't see bugs here. ADW launcher was slow so replaced it with Modaco GB launcher and removed ADW with Titanium backup.

What bugs might I encounter?

bugs i encountered till now:

1. after restart or sometimes even without restart, the keyboard gets switched to the default one from swype. if i turn GB keyboard off, then i get no keyboard until i turn swype on manually.

2. using GO launcher with Go Weather. after restart (restarted just once) all widgets vanish. uninstalled ADW but got suck in a boot loop. pulled battery & it was fixed.

3. FC when opening opera mini. 1ce every day.

rockstarmpm

Broken In
pratheekb96 said:
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i found a fix for the multi touch bug(axis inversion workaround)
Axis Inversion workaround is, as you see, a workaround: dont expect too much from it, it's still buggy (it's not smooth and has a bug reported, plus it doesnt work with very fast movements) but you might want to apply it anyway. and it will probably reduce your battery life as well........
Heres the download file
if anyone wants the source code all they have to do is ask
I tried that kernel in Mik os 6.5.2, but the bug didnt fix.
I restored LG's Stock ROM, because some apps such as "Talking Tom cat", "Baby hippo" are lagging in Mik 6.5.2 and 6.5(lag is less in 6.5).
pratheekb96 said:
yeah i partitioned my sdcard as well,why???
Is there any benefit if i partition?
Which memory card is good, Sandisk or Kingston?
Class 4 is enough for O1, right? and does O1 support MicroSDHC?

-----------------Edit
Downloading devoid-froyo now, gonna flash it. How is it? Mik os vs devoid-froyo, who wins in performance and battery backup?
Is there any method to fix the lag in 3d games in mik os?

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
bugs i encountered till now:

1. after restart or sometimes even without restart, the keyboard gets switched to the default one from swype. if i turn GB keyboard off, then i get no keyboard until i turn swype on manually.

2. using GO launcher with Go Weather. after restart (restarted just once) all widgets vanish. uninstalled ADW but got suck in a boot loop. pulled battery & it was fixed.

3. FC when opening opera mini. 1ce every day.

I have noticed that swype is incompatible with GB. Smart keyboard pro works well...

Certainly a few bugs but no major problems.

pratheekb96

Unemployed
I tried that kernel in Mik os 6.5.2, but the bug didnt fix.
I restored LG's Stock ROM, because some apps such as "Talking Tom cat", "Baby hippo" are lagging in Mik 6.5.2 and 6.5(lag is less in 6.5).

Is there any benefit if i partition?
Which memory card is good, Sandisk or Kingston?
Class 4 is enough for O1, right? and does O1 support MicroSDHC?

-----------------Edit
Downloading devoid-froyo now, gonna flash it. How is it? Mik os vs devoid-froyo, who wins in performance and battery backup?
Is there any method to fix the lag in 3d games in mik os?

im really surprised that ur finding these kind of bugs in miks rom...........tried out those apps and ther is no lag at all
if u partition then a portion of your sdcard can be used for installing apps,so yeah, its pretty good........im not sure but i think this works only in cyanogen and other custom roms,partition just 256MB,u dont need more than that and yeah class 4 is enough......i prefer sandisk but u cud go with kingston as well.....doesnt make much of a diff

miks rom wins hands down against devoid-froyo
what lag are u talking about?? thers lag in the stock rom not in miks rom.....i think u shud re-flash ur rom(beta6.5 not 6.5.2)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am on Mik's ROM too... performance is very smooth .

No lag in apps and games.

Some lag in smart keyboard pro as I type this. Even default android GB keyboard lags a bit.

Gollum

Collector
after reading the last few pages I am quite happy that I am on stock rom. ah the joy of having a trouble free phone.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
got stuck at CM7 bootloop multiple times since a week. flashed the zip provided by mik to clear system folder. now stuck at LG logo. downloading the latest beta. will flash it along with Franco's v16 kernal.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Do you people think
that 600 mhz+512 MB is capable of Gingebread ??

500Mhz + 256Mb ram will do if gingerbread is correctly optimized i.e. modded for performance.

most of the O1 users here are using gingerbread based custom rom. performance is better than froyo.

Top Bottom