The LG Optimus One Thread

For the LG users,

"LG will upgrade all Optimus One smartphones currently using the Froyo OS to the next version of the Android OS, Gingerbread. Details of the upgrade schedule will be announced locally in due course. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding that was caused regarding this issue."

LG commits to upgrading Optimus Ones to Gingerbread, angry hordes abate -- Engadget

sangeek

Right off the assembly line
@sangeek
Please tell us more about the phone it would be helpful to others.. [includes me]

The phone is the best android phone in India within 15K range.
I am still experimenting with all Android has to offer; and so far very pleased with things.
I like LG's custom home(launcher).

Two things I would like LG to clarify on (and my only concerns with Optimus One) :
1. The package of phone says "Adobe Flash v10.1" but I am unable to play any flash files :-(. I did call up the service-center guys but they seem to be clueless about my query. I have to follow up with them ..
2. The "Update Notification" app says "there is an update". But when I connect the phone to PC to update; It says "no update found" :(. Not sure if the app is buggy. The service center guy told I'll receive an SMS from LG; if there is an update (and as per him there is none till now). No other option; but to believe the service-center guy.

Flash support there or not there is really bugging me. I think I'll post a query to LG website (if they have a online feedback/support mechanism).

www.sangeek.com

yeah m using dat advanced Task Killer.. really hate this killin process everytym..

"SystemPanel Lite" is a very good app; which doubles up as a task-killer also.
The best part of it "Kill All" option. It takes care of killing the none-essential useless apps.

www.sangeek.com

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
2. The "Update Notification" app says "there is an update". But when I connect the phone to PC to update; It says "no update found" :(. Not sure if the app is buggy. The service center guy told I'll receive an SMS from LG; if there is an update (and as per him there is none till now). No other option; but to believe the service-center guy.

visit here. they listed the new update some V10c or V10d maybe.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@sangeek
Bad news mate -
No flash 10.1 for Optimus One :-(, due to some hardware limitations.
LG has printed flash 10.1 on box but thats incorrect.

sangeek

@sangeek
Bad news mate -
No flash 10.1 for Optimus One :-(, due to some hardware limitations.
LG has printed flash 10.1 on box but thats incorrect.

It means LG cheated on me ... :(
I really owe an explanation from LG officials .. I'll see what to do about it ..

But apart from that .. the phone is a doll .. ummmaaaa ... I love it
.. and also LG has promised Gingerbread upgrade to it
LG

www.sangeek.com

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ and that makes optimus one one of the most future proof android phone :)

BTW as said by Hrithan, flash 10.1 is the least interesting thing for most of us (who use only youtube).

fa4u

I wanna know where can i download free hi-fi 3d games like Prince of persia, NFS, Asphalt 5 , assasins creed for our LG P-500 Optimus One phone..

tejaslok

Journeyman
^ @android forums or android market(paid) and for *ahem* version we cant post it here, its against the rules :p

and also regarding asphalt 5:

Cons:

* Made for high end android phones
* Can become laggy when alot is going on in the screen at once

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Qualcomm's Neocore Benchmark result -
49.6 fps :)

Pretty good as compared to 55.2 of Samsung Galaxy S(as a reference).

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^ that benchmark is optimised for qualcomm processors. so the score of samsung galaxy which has a cortex A8 processor is not indicative of its real performance.

the cortex A8 1ghz processor with powervr sgx 540 gpu in samsung galay s will blow away anything in its way :p

_

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ biased GPU test!!! Bad Qualcomm :p
Thnx mate.

Can you suggest some other benchmark tests or apps? :)

Is there anybody here facing problem with 8gb card.

I tried two of them (Verbatim and Sandisk) both Class 4 and the phone sort of misbehaves. It hung a couple of times (had to remove the battery) and the phone auto-restarts...

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
@noobdroid
Unable to find that app in android market. May be you can provide a link :)

@socialdistortion
hey buddy i dont hav any answer for your query but hav a question instead!!! :-D
Are you the same "socialdistortion" from XDA P500 forum?
If yes, hav you rooted your phone???

@noobdroid
Unable to find that app in android market. May be you can provide a link :)

@socialdistortion
hey buddy i dont hav any answer for your query but hav a question instead!!! :-D
Are you the same "socialdistortion" from XDA P500 forum?
If yes, hav you rooted your phone???

How'd you guess :-D

Yup I've rooted the phone (Z4root did not work... Had to use SuperOneClick and that too hung but somehow the phone got rooted.)

But now I've returned back to original (Planning to bug the SC if the memory card issue crops up often... since it is within walking distance :grin:)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
How'd you guess :-D

Been visiting that forum regularly :-D

Yup I've rooted the phone (Z4root did not work... Had to use SuperOneClick and that too hung but somehow the phone got rooted.)

But now I've returned back to original (Planning to bug the SC if the memory card issue crops up often... since it is within walking distance :grin:)

How's the experience???
And can you tell me (or us :)) how to root? and unroot?

Z4root is available in the Android Market. Just install it and then hit root. Should take about a minute or two and then automatically restart (may even take 5 mins...). Try it a couple of times...

You should have a new app called SuperUser installed now. That confirms you are rooted. Somehow this did not work but it works in other android phones.

Another is a PC software ([APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers) called SuperOneClick. Install it and then simply hit root. You have to enable USB debugging mode before rooting the phone.
This software seems buggy and does not quite say it is finished (wait for a couple of minutes). But check the phone and SuperUser should be installed... If you see that icon then you can simply pull out the usb plug and then restart your phone.

Now you are good to go. Apps to install after rooting... Root Explorer and Titanium Backup (Must have). And you can delete all the crap (Bollywoodji :grin:)

Rooting is not really a must for Froyo IMO... You've already got most of the good features pre-installed (wifi tethering for eg)... Installing custom ROMs are a must though (Watch out the XDA forum :D)

And do install SWYPE... It is definitely the best keyboard for this mobile

Last edited:
Top Bottom