The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
also can try the gingerbread keyboard. its better than SWYPE or any other keyboard.

also reading about the Megatron ROM. looks good. but better let it mature before trying. maybe a new AmberHome will be better than the antagonist (megatron) rom.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
after a month, forget GS as reference & pick up LG Optimus X2. thrashed GS & will continue to (until Samsung brings something like HAWK or so, to replace its hummingbirds)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Orion? ok let me do a bit of R&D then. thanks. i think i had heard this name but can't recall when.

oh yes, read in GSMArena a few months back.

@noobdroid, i guess its time to edit the first post & put up a list of LG O1 owners & a couple of better pics (of your mobile).

Last edited:
OP
noobdroid

noobdroid

Broken In
Further view:

music player didnt had equalizer and the default music player wasnt juicing out what you wanted. solution ? Mixzing player use it with the bundled ear plugs... perfect!!!!

there is no option to create contact groups to send mass message...

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Hey guys! I got my optimous one today :D got home just 2 mins ago will test phone now and report back later :D btw damages = 11.75k.Nearby small store was giving for 11.7k but I took from Alfa anyways :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ cheaper & more cheaper. congrats. cheers :razz: do a small review & if possible list the preinstalled apps that you think should be kicked out rightway.

babloo81

Broken In
Guys, I am looking to buy an Android smartphone and have shortlisted Samsung Galaxy 3, Samsung Spica and LG Optimus for purchase. Can you let me know which is the best of these 3. Also I will be in Mumbai next week and plan to buy this at Alfa. Can somebody let me know the best price for these phones. Can the price be bargained there or are prices fixed? If there is somebody from Bangalore who has bought these phones recently, please let me know the Bangalore prices as well.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Spica is actually the best out of those three, but samsung stopped its production.So you're best bet is to go with Optimus One, I personally own it and its awesome! :)

Actually anything below 12k is a great price, considering it's still lingering around 12-12.5k in rest of India.

No you can't bargain, the prices are fixed and they are written on large glass thingy stuff, so you don't need to ask anyone

IIRC the prices are higher in Bangalore, around 12.3k last I heard.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ Spica was the best and Optimus One is the best :-D

Can anybody give me a link to SWYPE. I tried one but it said "screen size mismatch" :-(

Search for SWYPE HVGA and you should get lots of links in google.... Try and download the latest version (I think it should be 2.15.X.X)
Here you go: The search string - "Swype.HVGA.2.15.56.14870".

BTW a new firmware is out and installs like a charm. Not yet available via OTA or LG PC suite... and not yet able to root it.

server3249

Right off the assembly line
Search for SWYPE HVGA and you should get lots of links in google.... Try and download the latest version (I think it should be 2.15.X.X)
Here you go: The search string - "Swype.HVGA.2.15.56.14870".

BTW a new firmware is out and installs like a charm. Not yet available via OTA or LG PC suite... and not yet able to root it.

How did you install the firmware update then? Where did you get it? Is it the official update from LG India?

Also to those who have rooted the Optimus one in India, what process did you use? I tried searching for z4root but couldn't find it in Market.

Also is there any good case available for this phone in India? Not a pouch type One because that obscures the controls.

How did you install the firmware update then? Where did you get it? Is it the official update from LG India?

Also to those who have rooted the Optimus one in India, what process did you use? I tried searching for z4root but couldn't find it in Market.

Also is there any good case available for this phone in India? Not a pouch type One because that obscures the controls.

Find the latest firmware here: *csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/LGP500/ATCIBK/V10e_00/V10E_00.kdz

Updates the phone to android 2.2.1 and the sd card problem seems to have been sorted out. You will need to download the KDZ updater from the web.

But be warned, the new firmware defeats all the popular methods of rooting. If you need to root stick to the default firmware. Download z4root 1.3 and install it (Google it)

OP
noobdroid

noobdroid

Broken In
Further View:

Been out partying but yeah testing the device ...

Clicked a few pics in complete darkness:

*hphotos-snc4.fbcdn.net/hs1068.snc4/133044_177559878934870_100000425778653_507392_4835297_o.jpg

{it is pic of laser light in a pub}

This is in broad day light:

*hphotos-ash2.fbcdn.net/hs532.ash2/133475_177197635637761_100000425778653_504823_7584411_o.jpg

let me knw hw they are..

Battery lasted for 1.5 days with :
GPRS/EDGE off.
Heavy texting and calls.
Moderate wi-fi
Moderate gaming

@Siddesh:
I hv been using handcent on my G5 nd was sending 60 msgs in go in a single group

Guys: Give me the names who owns the device so that I can edit the post. You can PM me the same

Last edited:

Dark_Knight

Broken In
I hv been using handcent on my G5 nd was sending 60 msgs in go in a single group

Guys: Give me the names who owns the device so that I can edit the post. You can PM me the same

Group with 60 contacts in 1 go using handcent. You Sure about that? Which version of handsent you are using?
whenever i try to send message to a group with more than 15 members, the message sending fails.

Anyways, I m a O1 user too...

mail2abhi81

Broken In
Re: the LG Optimus One <Yes i want it!>

Morning guys!!

This is gonna be my first post in this forum. Good to be here finally. I tried finding out a "Introduce yourself" thread, but to no avail. Anyways, am Abhishek, a lad from Bangalore. Am totally into Trance and automobiles. You might be wondering what I am doing here then :lol:, well, I am pretty much interested in whats happening in the Android world and want to be a part of the bandwagon soon.

Speaking of which, I wanted to know from Bangalore folks, to suggest shops which would offer the best price. As of now, the lowest quote I've got is of 12,500, but am sure there would be shops selling at better rate than this.

B'lore janta, please advise!! Shop name/ location/ ph. no would be very much appreciated.

Also would like to know, if there is a "Buy n Sell" thread in here. My 5 months old E71 is up for grabs, with all OEM accessories n bill. :)

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Last edited:
Top Bottom