The LG Optimus One Thread

Its a long time since I posted!! :) had my prelims in college :p just one more ppr to go..so lil relaxed now :D

BTW I installed this new home replacement app called "SPB SHELL 3D"
Its highly recommended...its by far the best Ive used! superb 3D interface! and doesnt lag at all on my phone..got void #echo wid hwacc on.. try it!

Also..pls update me abt the gb roms on xda...Ive lost touch...I wanna try gb again..I had tried andy's gb earlier... want to know which is bttr now andy's or miks? Ive lost track and dont want to read through 20 pgs of each thread on xda :p

If you wants CM7 settings- Miks
Only GB- Andy's

Both roms are equal in performance due to the unpolish bugs.

k4ce

Youngling
Its a long time since I posted!! :) had my prelims in college :p just one more ppr to go..so lil relaxed now :D

BTW I installed this new home replacement app called "SPB SHELL 3D"
Its highly recommended...its by far the best Ive used! superb 3D interface! and doesnt lag at all on my phone..got void #echo wid hwacc on.. try it!

Also..pls update me abt the gb roms on xda...Ive lost touch...I wanna try gb again..I had tried andy's gb earlier... want to know which is bttr now andy's or miks? Ive lost track and dont want to read through 20 pgs of each thread on xda :p

Wait till this weekend ... both seem to have updates coming up ... Andy's seems to be especially promising ...

SPB Shell 3D is kinda awesome yes .. but a battery hog .. and for some wierd reason, it kinda reminds me of my 5800 with spb shell :D

sim

Broken In
which is the best free wallet apps where we can save our personal data ?

can we put a password for opening aknotepad ?

managana

Right off the assembly line
Just placed an order for LG O1 for 8712 @ LSB. Delivery assured in 2 days :D

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Sam,

Are you still on Void Echo? Can you please check out bluetooth for me...

I am able to receive files via bluetooth, but cannot send them... Could this be due to a bug in Void Echo? Please check it out for me...

Cheers!

k4ce

Youngling
@Sam,

I am able to receive files via bluetooth, but cannot send them... Could this be due to a bug in Void Echo? Please check it out for me...

Cheers!

What type of file are you sending ?... and to what device ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
What type of file are you sending ?... and to what device ?

I tried to send files to a laptop and Galaxy SL. I could easily send smaller images... but failed while sending MP3s...

I picked up some free app on the market "Bluetooth File Transfer". With it, I succeeded in sending mp3s as well. Is there a better software? Or maybe another file manager would work?

Cheers!

guru_urug

iGoogle
Bluetooth File Transfer is good...u can even send .apk files with it. :)

Without it u cant send some type of files...like setups,mp3s I guess becoz it isnt allowed. I remember how I had to change file extensions on my old nokia and se phone b4 sending some .jar and copyrighted mp3's ..maybe its the same.

I have a problem while creating nandroid backup from my recovery. Using dreslidee's v1.1
Ive never been able to create backup of nand+ext or nand+ext+ .android secure
Though only nand backup works and restores perfectly.

I get the error:
run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb
Ive looked up for solutions but none work. Batt is above 90% and have 4GB space on sd-card.
One more observation is tht I cant mount /sd-ext partition under the "mounts" option

Has anyone tried the clockwork recovery...?? posted below

[DEV][UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4 - xda-developers

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Bluetooth File Transfer is good...u can even send .apk files with it. :)

Without it u cant send some type of files...like setups,mp3s I guess becoz it isnt allowed. I remember how I had to change file extensions on my old nokia and se phone b4 sending some .jar and copyrighted mp3's ..maybe its the same.

I have a problem while creating nandroid backup from my recovery. Using dreslidee's v1.1
Ive never been able to create backup of nand+ext or nand+ext+ .android secure
Though only nand backup works and restores perfectly.

I get the error:
run nandroid-mobile.sh via adb
Ive looked up for solutions but none work. Batt is above 90% and have 4GB space on sd-card.
One more observation is tht I cant mount /sd-ext partition under the "mounts" option

Has anyone tried the clockwork recovery...?? posted below

[DEV][UNOFFICIAL][RECOVERY] ClockworkMod 3.0.2.4 - xda-developers

Thanks for the reply...

Even I couldn't do nand+ext backup... I always assumed it was due to low SD card space... (400+ MB free). So, now I guess the issue could be something else...

Thanks for the reply...

Even I couldn't do nand+ext backup... I always assumed it was due to low SD card space... (400+ MB free). So, now I guess the issue could be something else...

I am able to do nandroid+ext+android secure without any problem. Do you guys using ext4 partition ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam,

Cheers!

yup. same problem since i first flashed void.

the backup goes on for sometime & then the error. looks like adb is the only way.

Yes, I have an ext4 partition...

the backup goes on for sometime & then the error. looks like adb is the only way.

Me too...got 512MB ext4 partition n Im on void echo.
Also Pls explain why I cant mount /sdcard-ext partition in recovery

ext4 partition is not supported for the fs/backups correctly with the Amarok recovery you guys are using. I guess you all using recovery 1.1 ?

You should update it to 1.2.1.
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV] Custom Recovery P500/Thunderg

Updated kernel now supports ext3 & ext4 filesystem

k4ce

Youngling
General advice to everyone ... looks like ppl are generally experimenting with different ROMs (which is a good thing) ... So best to leave your ext partition at ext3 .... This way, app2sd will work flawlessly with any ROM u find on XDA ... cos even the ones that say ext4 will support ext3 and older

General advice to everyone ... looks like ppl are generally experimenting with different ROMs (which is a good thing) ... So best to leave your ext partition at ext3 .... This way, app2sd will work flawlessly with any ROM u find on XDA ... cos even the ones that say ext4 will support ext3 and older

I agree with k4ce.

though the ext4 filesystem allows for pre-allocation of on-disk space for a file which is certainly going to improve the performance, but not a boost like O1 becomes SGS. :D

Ext3 is pretty much the standard, cyanogen supports ext4 (old ext's too) and that's what I would recommend and I am using it, but not all ROMs support it. There's nothing wrong with 3, 4 is just newer, and if you are frequently changing roms, use ext3 that is supported by most of the roms.

noja

Bang! Bang!
a new firmware update v10E is out for our phone. has any one updated yet. the older one was v10D.

Top Bottom