The LG Optimus One Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well axis bank app is showing not compatible with this phone. Also I don't like the new gtalk. I use gtalk in daily basis and it doesn't have any display options to show all online contacts.

And anyways I really didn't liked the feel of ICS. And battery is not much of concern, at least a day is fine with moderate usage.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well axis bank app is showing not compatible with this phone. Also I don't like the new gtalk. I use gtalk in daily basis and it doesn't have any display options to show all online contacts.

And anyways I really didn't liked the feel of ICS. And battery is not much of concern, at least a day is fine with moderate usage.

In my GTalk (on ICS) I get this option under Display Options, "Availability", which shows all online contacts in the beginning. (And which is the default option).

Also, looks may vary from person to person. But most of us users had flash ICS not to gain looks, but to gain functionality. Looks can be changed through different launchers anyway.

Just my two paisa.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Nope it doesn't shows all the available (online) contacts. I have monitored the same on PC(Gtalk) and Mobile(ICS Talk) and Funbook(ICS Talk).

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Guys, I need a Screen Protector for my O1. None of the shops in my area have any, and so I've to buy it online. Which one would you suggest? Please post link.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys, I need a Screen Protector for my O1. None of the shops in my area have any, and so I've to buy it online. Which one would you suggest? Please post link.

Goto flipkart. Search for LG Optimus screen guard. You will get two options. One Rainbow and one from Amzer IIRC.
Personally, I have bought Rainbow one. But I screwed up while applying it. And then I had to spend extra to get it done at a shop owner, who used the same Rainbow screen guard.
You can try. Or you can just buy and let it be applied by the pros at mobile shops.

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Goto flipkart. Search for LG Optimus screen guard. You will get two options. One Rainbow and one from Amzer IIRC.
Personally, I have bought Rainbow one. But I screwed up while applying it. And then I had to spend extra to get it done at a shop owner, who used the same Rainbow screen guard.
You can try. Or you can just buy and let it be applied by the pros at mobile shops.
Thanks alot. This one, right? - Rainbow Screen Guard for LG - P500 Optimus One | Screen Guard | Flipkart.com

There's no Amzer one. Thanks! :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yes that one.

And here's the Amzer one:
Amzer 89813 Anti-Glare Screen Protector with Cleaning Cloth for LG Optimus One P500 | Screen Guard | Flipkart.com

Previously I was on mobile, so couldn't post! :) But try not to apply it yourself.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
ICS is stable (with missing feature) and now we'll have JB soon :grin:

ICS or Jelly bean can never be completed without hardware video decoding support... OMX libraries or drivers... It will be a few weeks before we see a stable JB release... I will definitely upgrade, but without video support, the phone is incomplete.

Also, ROM size with JB would be larger. Features like offline voice typing won't work. ICS Voice search still does not work with our device, and we have to use the gingerbread version...

A big thanks to all developers of custom ROMs... :razz:

Cheers!

Last edited:

gmg9

in the kaya
getting fc in youtube while watching non-hq vids. overall experience with dis version of ics by hephappy is not good.

u cant direct call from da contact list to anyone. u hav to goto da individual contact page n from there u can direct call them. so annoying :-(

kaz

right here
ooops all here on cm9 :) that too on hehppy's ? m on premature... downloading tinystream and aokp #40....any one tried :
1.AOKP#40 ?
2.LG UI3 based cm9 by neko?
3.JBONE alpha 2?
4.miui based on tinystream?

i tried the 2nd one only problem was the flikering camera :)

does phone modem work on your pc with cm9 ? mine doesn't :(

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have a question. I am still on CHARGEME. And I have many apps on ext3 partition of the card.
So, can I upgrade to tinystream, without reinstalling the apps? Or is it just unavoidable?

kaz

right here
Few days back i was stuck at cm9 logo which then showed battery symbol but after clearing dalvik/battery cache its working well.
thanks used to happen with me each time I switched on my fone..after clearing dalvik cache its fine now :) thanks

I have a question. I am still on CHARGEME. And I have many apps on ext3 partition of the card.
So, can I upgrade to tinystream, without reinstalling the apps? Or is it just unavoidable?

will tell you in the evening after flashing without clearing the datas.....this might work i guess :-D

kaz

right here
now on Piccolo rom

i am posting using mobile as a modem. use easy tether

yeah...mine modem driver got installed when i rebooted in recovery and showed up there in the create dial up conn. but after i switched on my fone LG usb modem has disappeared again....why is this happening ? ANY IDEA?

see the zip attached here please:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [cm9][ics][rom][4.0.4][rc1][06.jul.2012][tinystream] cyanogenmod 9, ics, caf kernel

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
will tell you in the evening after flashing without clearing the datas.....this might work i guess :-D

Thanks. Will be waiting for your reply. :D

now on Piccolo rom

i am posting using mobile as a modem. use easy tether

Picolo huh? So moved from hephappy?
Also, I tried tethering my friend's LG Optimus Net on a XP machine. But it showed that tether only works on Linux or windows 7. Not XP. Is that the case? Any turnaround?

@vyom
just wipe cache n delvik-cache. and flash. bt before all this, dnt forget to nandbckup.

You didn't exactly answered my question. But thanks.. ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yeah...mine modem driver got installed when i rebooted in recovery and showed up there in the create dial up conn. but after i switched on my fone LG usb modem has disappeared again....why is this happening ? ANY IDEA?

which USB driver have you installed? WHQL 3.7.2? I use easytether so can't say whats wrong with yours. On first plug, multiple drivers are installed and from next time it works fine.

Picolo huh? So moved from hephappy?

addicted to new stuff. most of the testers said rom is slightly better than RC1 in terms of battery life so went for it. I have backup last rom so that after a week i can just jump ship if i don't like it.

Also, I tried tethering my friend's LG Optimus Net on a XP machine. But it showed that tether only works on Linux or windows 7. Not XP. Is that the case? Any turnaround?
yes. most apps only support Windows7 (or Vista). Have he tested all available tethering apps. I haven't checked any app for XP support as i use Windows7 only.

BTW, received new IEM a few minutes ago. loving it :)
pics here: post

kaz

right here
Thanks. Will be waiting for your reply. :D
lol downloaded the rom and it got deleted:-x by mistake
link now removed from mediafire :twisted:
zippyshare doesnt supports resuming and my wifi speed is seriously awesome these days :-D:mrgreen:

which USB driver have you installed? WHQL 3.7.2? I use easytether so can't say whats wrong with yours. On first plug, multiple drivers are installed and from next time it works fine.
hmmmm tethering works though....will try sumthing lets see if it works :)

BTW, received new IEM a few minutes ago. loving it :)
pics here: post

looks cool....wasnt a black wire available? I'm planning for one too because my Nokia BH-111 sucks huge battery so I am using that with Nokia 5130 :p also the sound is not great..using the earphone I got with nokia x2 with BH-111 :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
looks cool....wasnt a black wire available? I'm planning for one too because my Nokia BH-111 sucks huge battery so I am using that with Nokia 5130 :p also the sound is not great..using the earphone I got with nokia x2 with BH-111 :p
i wanted something that doesn't look normal. Thats why went for this, apart from being cheap and sound quality is decent.

Top Bottom