The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
Anyone tried Ubermusic yet?

luks awesome :)downlaoded....will try

check these out
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobint.locker
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.burakgon.gamebooster

@all which kernel you are using with tinystream?
battery charging while using the fone is really very slow..also battery backup is not that great..

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
luks awesome :)downlaoded....will try

yeah, do it. despite the fact that the as***** developer made it a paid app and stopped its future updates, it's a very stable app. Supports scrobbling by Last.fm too.

gmg9

in the kaya
ganother two bug noticed in cm9 tinylight by hep...
1. headphone icon doesn't appear in notification bar aftet inserting hp. bt hp works without any prob.
2. i was trying to toggle mobile data from da notification bar icon. bt fr some reason it was not toggling. then i switched to airplane mode, again switch back to mobile mode. now when i tried, mobile data was working.
its a good old cm7 problem... strange it has not been fixed yet.

i hav noticed whenever wifi is used, phone getting laggy.

Last edited:

gmg9

in the kaya
looks like JB has already been ported by hep to our beloved lgO1. adfad666 n others also working on it.

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
Guys, im on CHARGEME, any new ICS ROMs which are better?
or will switch to GTR this weekend!

looks like JB has already been ported by hep to our beloved lgO1. adfad666 n others also working on it.

Proud owner of legendary Optimus One :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

This is CrAzzYY!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Our phone wasn't even supposed to have ICS.... and now Jelly Bean!! :D :doublethumb:

Which means, Tinystream could be the FINAL concluding ROM for ICS by hephappy!! ;)

gmg9

in the kaya
This is CrAzzYY!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Our phone wasn't even supposed to have ICS.... and now Jelly Bean!! :D :doublethumb:

Which means, Tinystream could be the FINAL concluding ROM for ICS by hephappy!! ;)

pushing to da highest limit :) i jst really feel so proud dis phone. i bought it fr 7500/- last year.
bt jb is not dat different from ics. it is a expected execution. bt still even with jb, one major downside will remain, omx libs fr armv6.

i dont think tinystream will be final. we could see another major update frm hep.
arjen is working on piccolo. aosp/cm9. if he get it going, he will stop contributing to other rom projects.

gmg9

in the kaya
from some past days, da h/w buttons not feeling dat responsive, like it was before when it was new. i hav to press it a bit hard. not dat sensitive anymore.
is it s/w or h/w prob? do i need to take it to da sc?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So finally I am flashing Tinystream today (finally :p). And I have some doubts. Please help!

Currently my specifications of the OS are in the following screenshot:

*i.imgur.com/HCE85.png

I had some queries:

1. I never flashed any kernel before. So should I do it? I was planning to flash this kernel: [KERNEL][02/07/2012]Code Aurora Kernel for ICS - xda-developers

2. If I flash the kernel mentioned on that page for ICS, then can re flash the kernel meant for GB later, if I ever decide to revert to GB. (Just curious).
Or just like baseband, its not recommended to play with it?

3. Should I (have anyone) installed this?
LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN37AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 7.2.exe from here: [cm9][ics][rom][4.0.4][rc1][06.jul.2012][tinystream] cyanogenmod 9, ics, caf kernel - xda-developers ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
So finally I am flashing Tinystream today (finally :p). And I have some doubts. Please help!

Currently my specifications of the OS are in the following screenshot:

*i.imgur.com/HCE85.png

I had some queries:

1. I never flashed any kernel before. So should I do it? I was planning to flash this kernel: [KERNEL][02/07/2012]Code Aurora Kernel for ICS - xda-developers

2. If I flash the kernel mentioned on that page for ICS, then can re flash the kernel meant for GB later, if I ever decide to revert to GB. (Just curious).
Or just like baseband, its not recommended to play with it?

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN37AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 7.2.exe from here: [cm9][ics][rom][4.0.4][rc1][06.jul.2012][tinystream] cyanogenmod 9, ics, caf kernel - xda-developers ?

Kernel is a part of the ROM you are flashing... So, if you change ROM, update from a new ROM, or go back to Gingerbread, then the kernel would automatically be replaced.

You cannot flash Gingerbread kernel over ICS, not ICS kernel over Gingerbread...

I tried custom kernels last month... But it made the phone unstable. Also, was experiencing random reboots on incoming calls on the phone... Default CM9 kernel is good enough for me... You can test one if you like... Maybe the bugs have been squashed...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Kernel is a part of the ROM you are flashing... So, if you change ROM, update from a new ROM, or go back to Gingerbread, then the kernel would automatically be replaced.

You cannot flash Gingerbread kernel over ICS, not ICS kernel over Gingerbread...

I tried custom kernels last month... But it made the phone unstable. Also, was experiencing random reboots on incoming calls on the phone... Default CM9 kernel is good enough for me... You can test one if you like... Maybe the bugs have been squashed...

If the Kernel is a part of the ROM, then I am not taking chances by playing with custom Kernels!! :p

And I am going to install LG United Mobile Driver. Will report if it makes any difference.
Thanks for the reply AndroidFan! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
bt jb is not dat different from ics.

project butter

no difference. everything remains same. but if you had any MTP not installing error, it'll be gone now.

kaz

right here
m getting 10-12hrs with normal usage..and reboots by enabling tethering and hotspot :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i get upto 24hrs+ if used lightly with a few calls, sms and a few hours of music + GPRS.

and only once my mobile rebooted when tethered but tried making hotspot last night and immediately mobile rebooted.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I tried hotspot recently on CM9 tinystream... worked well... no reboot...

But there was one reboot when I disabled data... But I could not replicate that bug again...

kaz

right here
i get upto 24hrs+ if used lightly with a few calls, sms and a few hours of music + GPRS.

and only once my mobile rebooted when tethered but tried making hotspot last night and immediately mobile rebooted.

12+? which kernel are you using?

when i change the hotspot settings then also sometimes I get reboot :(

kaz

right here
ooo and how to calibrate battery ???

leave it :) got this
Android AdvicesHow to Calibrate Android Phone Battery after flashing a New ROM -

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i last calibrated battery several months ago and i flash rom once every 2-3 week so its been like 5-7 flashes and battery backup is fine. actually with Picollo backup increased as it takes longer to jump from 100% to 90%.