The LG Optimus One Thread

gmg9

in the kaya
after using cm9-tinylight fr almost 2 days, overall experience is good. n found known some bugs ..
1. was watching mychannel vids on youtube (no hq). after some 3-4 min, suddenly phone rebooted. happens twice.
2. speaker and in-call volume sounds seems low to me.

3. when received a call frm contact, the call window nt showing his name frm contacts. instead showing the number only.
bt when 2nd time da same person called, its showing his name as incoming call frm.

4. same alarm manager wakelock reported by BBS. happens because of usb charging as reported by users. cpuspy shows 50% deep sleep.

5. Battery life not so bad to me. but not dat impressive like we hav in gb roms.
may be need to calibrate.

6. gps without wifi taking too much long time to lock. gave up.
will try fasterfix.

7. no manual network selection. no call waiting option in settings like cm7. i think its auto, dats why removed by cm9 team.
bt u can check with *#43#.

8. booting take long time after entering to boot animation. no apps from /extras/ folder installed with da rom. like video editor etc..
may be i need to reflash. or is it like dis??

9. google voice search not working..

till nw i faced these probs, most of which is already know bugs.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
headphone not working properly. at times audio doesn't come in one of the ear buds. used from mobile, pc, laptop to anything that have a 3.5mm audio jack. will miss the comfort and sound quality.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
headphone not working properly. at times audio doesn't come in one of the ear buds. used from mobile, pc, laptop to anything that have a 3.5mm audio jack. will miss the comfort and sound quality.

Mine stopped working after 2 months of phone purchase. But it seems jack of mobile is at fault. Since I can use it with PC.

Anyway.. it must be sad parting ways with it.. :)

PS: UPSTREAM is RC1.. not stable.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Mine stopped working after 2 months of phone purchase. But it seems jack of mobile is at fault. Since I can use it with PC.

Anyway.. it must be sad parting ways with it.. :)

the comfort is simply unmatched. i at times play game for 5-6hrs with the headphones on and its is like nothing happened. Today tried a el-cheapo Frontech heatset that was lying around since month and can't have it for more than 5min. Ordered SoundMagic ES18.

PS: UPSTREAM is RC1.. not stable.

:facelam: release candidate doesn't meat unstable. I am using google chrome DEV (not even beta) for more than 2yrs now updating the software regularly and its yet to crash even once. so just cause it is listed as RC or beta doesn't mean unstable. maybe some features are not working 100%.

gmg9

in the kaya
did u guys just follow wat hephappy said to do post installation. like zram=10%, ext3 with link2sd, animation / transitions off etc... ??
or u did ur wont tricks... plz share..

also r u using da default launcher or something else?
plz suggest some good themes or theme chooser. thx..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
did u guys just follow wat hephappy said to do post installation. like zram=10%, ext3 with link2sd, animation / transitions off etc... ??
or u did ur wont tricks... plz share..

^^ none of them :p

also r u using da default launcher or something else?

was using Xperia S launcher but now sticking to stock launcher. Trebucket is extremely stable and ultra smooth.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I've got Google Now on my O1... ;) -- xda-developers - View Single Post - The Google Now for ICS Project. [UPDATE 7/4][NO VOICE][APK AND ZIP]

*i.imgur.com/gJpem.png

Cheers!

gmg9

in the kaya
I've got Google Now on my O1... ;) -- xda-developers - View Single Post - The Google Now for ICS Project. [UPDATE 7/4][NO VOICE][APK AND ZIP]

*i.imgur.com/gJpem.png

Cheers!

bt without voice. so its like 50% of its main feature is gone. bt i hope devs will fix dat too. fr me default google voice is nt working.

Last edited:

gmg9

in the kaya
^^ none of them :p

was using Xperia S launcher but now sticking to stock launcher. Trebucket is extremely stable and ultra smooth.

none of them? mean?

yea, da stock launcher is really fast n stable ...

gmg9

in the kaya
didn't bother to check what the value of zram is in, no EXT partition in my mobile, transitions all upto 1X.

oh! hehehe... ok.. :)

wat office suite u guys r using? i restored da old think free office. bt nt happy with it.
found kingsoft office. looks good...

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Think free office is good. But it's slow as hell. Specially with these new ROM's based on ICS.
I can try Kingsoft office if you say it's worth trying. :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Why would anyone use an office suite on a 3.2" screen? For emergency viewing, there is always Google Docs (Drive)...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Reverting back to Oxygen v2.8 :)

Didn't liked ICS much, specially the feel, also I'm missing Axis Bank mobile application which I use on daily basis almost.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ ICICI bank app runs fine on my ICS too. Maybe he just wants a better battery life. :p

gmg9

in the kaya
Think free office is good. But it's slow as hell. Specially with these new ROM's based on ICS.
I can try Kingsoft office if you say it's worth trying. :)

kingsoft office user feedbacks r good. i am gonna try it. host of features fr free.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Why would anyone use an office suite on a 3.2" screen? For emergency viewing, there is always Google Docs (Drive)...

Well, I sometimes need to read some e-books. For a quick reference of course. Also, Google Drive would work online only.