The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
removed tts (text to speech) folder and any such app as i don't use any kind of voice dialing or such thing, boot animation is gone, audio folder is almost empty (except 1 ringtone, 1 sms tone, 1 alarm tone) but the ui folder isn't touched as it caused a wide variety of problems if you delete the wrong file.

next are the library files. i have already removed certain library files (both from rom & gapps) those related to videochat & voice as i don't require such thing and O1 doesn't have front cam. removed all traces of live wallpapers & anything related to it (battery hog). video editor is gone, terminal, rom manager, and anything that i can find at Android play is gone. Decrapify your Android contains almost all the apps one can find in CM7/9 + Gapps and a small description. You may go through it and depending on your use, remove the unnecessary apps. I haven't updated it in months but will update it soon with any new apps.

gmg9

in the kaya
removed tts (text to speech) folder and any such app as i don't use any kind of voice dialing or such thing, boot animation is gone, audio folder is almost empty (except 1 ringtone, 1 sms tone, 1 alarm tone) but the ui folder isn't touched as it caused a wide variety of problems if you delete the wrong file.

next are the library files. i have already removed certain library files (both from rom & gapps) those related to videochat & voice as i don't require such thing and O1 doesn't have front cam. removed all traces of live wallpapers & anything related to it (battery hog). video editor is gone, terminal, rom manager, and anything that i can find at Android play is gone. Decrapify your Android contains almost all the apps one can find in CM7/9 + Gapps and a small description. You may go through it and depending on your use, remove the unnecessary apps. I haven't updated it in months but will update it soon with any new apps.

thx a ton man.

if i delete all files in audio folder like u, will it be possible to select custom tones from sd card??

my BB version showing LGP5--AT-00-V20G-OPEN-COM-JUN-14-2011+0 .. is it OK ??

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes you can. but don't mess with the ui folder. i once deleted the lock tone or something and the lockscreen disappeared. Maybe it was cause of the provision.apk that i deleted at the sametime but best will be to keep the ui folder as it is.

gmg9

in the kaya
yes you can. but don't mess with the ui folder. i once deleted the lock tone or something and the lockscreen disappeared. Maybe it was cause of the provision.apk that i deleted at the sametime but best will be to keep the ui folder as it is.

ok..thx..

my BB version showing LGP5--AT-00-V20G-OPEN-COM-JUN-14-2011+0 .. is it OK ??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
popdog123 said he won't be continuing Oxygen anymore :(

Hello again (after a long while)

I'm sorry for my absence but as i said my studies were kind of overwhelming for a while... Anyway, i return here with bad news.

I will not continue to work on Oxygen for the following reasons:
- I simply don't have the time to do it and it also does not help me at all with what i'm studying (i'm a med student )
- Oxygen 2.3.2 (GB) has reached a state where it is very stable for most of the users. I know there are still small bugs here and there but most of those are app related or simply features of stock AOSP GB that people don't like, but that really is the Google way. I am very proud of what i've done and glad that people enjoy it and use it daily.
- I (personal opinion) believe that GB is the most we can squeeze out of this phone without sacrificing stability or performance. I think ICS is just not going to happen on this phone like GB is. There are a few ICS roms out there for our phone but none of them are nearly as stable or as fast as GB (not because of the developers of those roms of course, but because of lack of proprietary software that is in use in GB)
- I don't have a powerful enough computer to make fast builds. There is nothing more frustrating than compiling 5-6 hours of code and putting it on the device just to see that it's not working. Horrible...

Thank you all for a great ride. It has been an honour to bring this rom to P500. I will still be here on the forum to answer any questions you may have and to enjoy the work that devs do.

So...will be moving to ICS :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Can you confirm me a thing...I have partitioned 1GB with No Swap before while using CM7.2. Now if I partition, will that partition be erased and partitioned or that partition will be kept and size of my Fat32 SD Card will be decreased.

In that case I'd like to know how to delete that ext4 partition I created before.

gmg9

in the kaya
you are in new BB now so its V20 & 2011.

thx sam n others for helping throughout the installation. finally running ics cm9. feels great.
launcher is basic, bt good. any good launcher u wanna suggest ??

or if done any tweaks with ur cm9, plz let me know...
i really missing the cm7 blacklist call blocking feature.. :( is it possible to integrate this feature of cm7 to cm9. like if take the actual source code of this "blacklist" and integrate to cm9 and compile?? was jst thinking... :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks Sam.
Frankly, I never cared to remove any files from the ROM. I used to think my meddling with the ROM zip shouldn't be the cause of any more bugs that may arise due to it! :p

@gmg9: You can just compare the files inside the ROM with the screenshot? :cool:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Yes. Mine is showing 141MB left after installing Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.

Don't care with that, hope you have installed Link2SD. Just configure it to automatically link when a App is installed.

BTW Don't know how much days I'll be able to use this ROM. Battery is too bad. Down in 9 Hours of not even moderate usage. Used WiFi for 1 hour and calling and SMS for say 30 Mins...that's all and it's down almost.

gmg9

in the kaya
^^Yes. Mine is showing 141MB left after installing Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.

Don't care with that, hope you have installed Link2SD. Just configure it to automatically link when a App is installed.

BTW Don't know how much days I'll be able to use this ROM. Battery is too bad. Down in 9 Hours of not even moderate usage. Used WiFi for 1 hour and calling and SMS for say 30 Mins...that's all and it's down almost.

ah! ok.. thxx

mine also same. bt users r reporting good battery life with rom. dnt knw wats going on. do we need to calibrate battery?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
May be I'll try Wiping Battery Stats and Calibrating it tomorrow. I want to try one more shot again.

pratik385

In the zone
@ Sam

Which ROM mate?

I'm on CM9 [PREMATURE] and its giving really good battery backup, feel is of course smooth. I dont think i will goto gingerbread after using ICS. Few days back i was stuck at cm9 logo which then showed battery symbol but after clearing dalvik/battery cache its working well. Everything is okay uptill now been around 20 days i think. Many are using GTR v7.8, is it that good?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hephappy's Upstream is here -- [CM9][ICS][ROM][4.0.4][RC1][03.JUL.2012][UPSTREAM] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers